Pure Breachstone exp. gain is broken must be nerfed!

"
Vampyress86 wrote:
I really don't understand what people's obsession with how other people play the game is? Is it a case of "oh no people who work full time are able to get to max level in the game like me whilst being richer than me irl too" or is it something else I am missing? I have never used a breach stone for anything other than amulet farming xoph and I preferred to make money on the backs of richer players by selling them some pure breach stones over reaching level 100 myself. The amount of craps I could give for how fast person x gets to 100 wouldn't amount to a single turd, I have no idea why anyone else would waste their time even caring if they were fulfilled.

Some of us have to think about the game and its future.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
The game is difficult enough for anyone who has to live outside of their PC, between the massive grinds, rng of getting maps, sulphite, getting a trade response. I have already resigned myself to next league being the last I will be able to play, as with only two hours to play each evening due to work and family means I would never acoomplish a single thing.

I am not saying pure breach stones would change that, they won't as I have never used one, but if the future everyone is fighting for this game to have is that it's only suitable to play if you are a basement dweller then I would say it's been a successful one. Its a shame because I really do enjoy the game very much but spending a whole evening farming harbor bridge so I can do some delve instead of being able to actually do delve, or trying to buy a map I don't have which has an elder guardian instead of being able to do the elder guardian just sounds so profondly soul destroying that I wouldn't even try to put myself through it on a time limit.

Those who have more time to invest in the game will always be richer and have better items and higher levels, that's fine and how it should be and I don't cry about that, and yet those same people want to ensure that nobody with other comittments can accomplish anything, seems ironic and more than a little selfish to me. If however the argument is to increase the risk from achieving such gains, then by all means that makes sense.
"
Vampyress86 wrote:
The game is difficult enough for anyone who has to live outside of their PC, between the massive grinds, rng of getting maps, sulphite, getting a trade response. I have already resigned myself to next league being the last I will be able to play, as with only two hours to play each evening due to work and family means I would never acoomplish a single thing.

I am not saying pure breach stones would change that, they won't as I have never used one, but if the future everyone is fighting for this game to have is that it's only suitable to play if you are a basement dweller then I would say it's been a successful one. Its a shame because I really do enjoy the game very much but spending a whole evening farming harbor bridge so I can do some delve instead of being able to actually do delve, or trying to buy a map I don't have which has an elder guardian instead of being able to do the elder guardian just sounds so profondly soul destroying that I wouldn't even try to put myself through it on a time limit.

Those who have more time to invest in the game will always be richer and have better items and higher levels, that's fine and how it should be and I don't cry about that, and yet those same people want to ensure that nobody with other comittments can accomplish anything, seems ironic and more than a little selfish to me. If however the argument is to increase the risk from achieving such gains, then by all means that makes sense.

Some people miss the big picture when it comes to game balance.
Games does not balance around people who cant spend their time on it.
We play this game because we want to escape from reality. No one cares about other player's real life problems. Including game devs.
So yeah, we cant ignore an obviously overtuned system that possibly could effect our gameplay. I appreciate your insight but it holds no value here.
I actually regret getting 100 this league through breachstones.

It was boring, repetitive, lacked any risks and just feels pointless now. It is not an achievement anymore and have no pleasant feeling attached to it. Maybe i will repeat process of getting 100 when it'll regain any kind of value, but until pure breachstones are unchanged - never again.
As a software developer myself I know a thing or two about accessibility, the game developers want as many people as possible to play their game, it pays for their passion and the roof over their heads, just as it does mine. I fail to see how the game is imbalanced because some people choose to use currency to make levelling easier, then again I don't play pvp so maybe that's where the argument against simpler levelling comes from or ssf as they cant rota. Whether someone else is a higher level than me in this game does not impact my gameplay, I will play until the games becomes another job instead of being fun. Either way, opinions are like .... and there's nothing to gain from arguing over the subject, the developers will do what they see fit regardless of our perspectives.
with all that hyperbole and basis of argument being on whatever others find fun, i guess gg should just allow people to dupe currency. i'm sure someone finds that fun.

then people who can't earn things on their own can have access. it's important, right?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Vampyress86 wrote:
As a software developer myself I know a thing or two about accessibility, the game developers want as many people as possible to play their game, it pays for their passion and the roof over their heads, just as it does mine. I fail to see how the game is imbalanced because some people choose to use currency to make levelling easier, then again I don't play pvp so maybe that's where the argument against simpler levelling comes from or ssf as they cant rota. Whether someone else is a higher level than me in this game does not impact my gameplay, I will play until the games becomes another job instead of being fun. Either way, opinions are like .... and there's nothing to gain from arguing over the subject, the developers will do what they see fit regardless of our perspectives.

Please, you have no idea why this is an issue. Do not blur the lines.
I am a bit puzzeled how this thread has still not come to the real implications that result out of the state of pure stones.

I may answer a point to show why it really needs to be adjusted.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

I'm ALMOST surprised someone would request a nerf over breachstones. Given how most people don't make it to maps as is, it does come off as more elitist than anything.

I just hit my first 36 out since my mid abyss start. There are plenty of folks that get pretty vocal on this forum and never even see level 95.

But more importantly, I think OP is forgetting that achieving goals in PoE is a personal choice. Most of us don't invest 20 exalts into a single character and a lot of us prefer solo play. The folks racing to 100 or chasing 40 are a fraction of the player base. If I can make 36 and not be rolling in exalts, that leads me to believe that the wealthiest of players are a very select few. Expecting to punish the rest of us who may run a handful if any at all seems pretty selfish.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

That's literally what I'm asking, how does an increase in max level characters detrimentally affect your game?

I mean you could at least go with it takes people away from other potential parties.

See that is the point. It is not detremental to the people using it. Kinda obvious. You either have the curreny to spend on it for whatever reason OR you simply host them. THis is some effort in trading, because you will have to sell a lot of the loot, but from experience i can say it is stil RIDICILOUS profitable even when we undercut the market at the time for the "per run rate" to not waste time. Neither I myself, OP or any other people in those runs lose out.

You know who loses out? Players playing the game "casually". People who sell off some red maps one by one to maybe get to that 1 exalt for their next upgrade. THe players who make some c buy leveling games (not for themself because they reroll to ofen anyways, but to get enouch C for the next reroll). The guy that got a lucky amulett drop from a normal breachstone, which is laughable less valuable then it was before and who can "merely" upgrade 1 item know instead of rolling a strong build just because he found something exiting.

This notion that people leveling in those Breachstones does not take away from anybodys fun is ridicilous outside ssf. We cannot simply ignore the entirety of SC and ignore the mayor impact on the market and say "yeah no problem nobody loses out". That is simply not true. Delve already "pushed" the prices for t16s alot down. This league it is laughable. This even cuts into the incentive to play for people doing more endgame content because the question:" Do I play t16s or do I host breachrunes" is not really a question if you care at all about effeciancy.

There were times people did care about level 100. I honestly do not want to participate in this discussion if that should be something hard to achieve and people should care, because it is a losing battle to have any real discussion about this because there will always be laughable people like ajo who will mindlessly call "nolife" to anything in sight. The point is you either have to nerf the loot in those breachstones by a good chunk (which again hurts people just normally playing WAY more then a exp nerf, because loot > exp for casuals all day long) or make it not the obvious to go method for leveling, because the consequenzes are not pretty for the average joe.

To be fair, when betrayal will go core the effect of the market will likely drop alot since everyone expects the stones be way less frequently obtained. So this problem does solve itself to some extend, but if you don't change the exp the rich people will still abuse it and it still wil affect the average joe in a negative way for no reason other than the elite can level faster? I would say it is bearable now because at least alot people can get a level 100 char for the lulz of it, but after this league we will be left will an elitist exp gain that flooded the market with things average joe wants to make some buck and devalues lucky drops for every casual that engages with breach content.
Why would that be desirable?!

Also people have to realize when this goes core the top 1% will pay good buck to get their breachstones because believe it or not, they also value their time. So do we really want the betrayal mechanik to be ever stuck in the status of "how to best manipulate ITF" ?

People in this thread have made it WAY to much of a pointless debate about level 100 or more precise about how easy level 100 should be obtained, how valuable it should be in the eyes of arbitrary values and people and not even to speak of the kindergarden of useless hypocrity discussion of this thread. You can have this discussion seperately if GGG should make it easier to get to 100, remove death penality, whatever. I dont care.

But ignoring when 1 playstyle is SOO much better/effecient/dominant above the rest of the content and not taking into account how this fucks up the incentive to play for the normal people is outright criminal. Breachstones will have to get nerfed because they will end up as an rich exclusive way to level at the cost of the game expeience of the casual players who do engage in trade aka the mayority of SC. So yeah this IS a problem not a selffish quest by MrsDeath_ to feel special, even if I think he failed to keep his calm in this thread aswell.
Last edited by xardas149 on Feb 19, 2019, 7:58:34 AM
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

Some people miss the big picture when it comes to game balance.
Games does not balance around people who cant spend their time on it.
We play this game because we want to escape from reality. No one cares about other player's real life problems. Including game devs.
So yeah, we cant ignore an obviously overtuned system that possibly could effect our gameplay. I appreciate your insight but it holds no value here.

Some people miss the bigger picture when it comes to game balance. Games does not balance around people who can spend 100% of their time on it. Games should be balanced around the average population with average time spent on the game, as probably the average population brings the most money - because they are the biggest group, also "whales". There is just not enough super hardcore players going 16 hours a day to buy all the stuff.

Breachstones are fine, getting to 100 in cost of few hundred exalts is not a problem for the global game economy and hardness. 90% of playerbase have never seen more than 10 exalts on their account. I dont want to grind 90 for few months because I play solo while there is a bunch of no-lifes that can grind it in a party for a few hundred exalts that were made by methods that I dont even imagine are possible.

"
xardas149 wrote:

You know who loses out? Players playing the game "casually". People who sell off some red maps one by one to maybe get to that 1 exalt for their next upgrade. THe players who make some c buy leveling games (not for themself because they reroll to ofen anyways, but to get enouch C for the next reroll). The guy that got a lucky amulett drop from a normal breachstone, which is laughable less valuable then it was before and who can "merely" upgrade 1 item know instead of rolling a strong build just because he found something exiting.

I am a casual player and breachstone farming + upragding was the most certain, easy and profitable way of making money I have ever discovered. Its a great catchup for casual players, run research farm for a few days, get a few exalts, bam, you can play most of stuff you ever wanted to play. Honestly, nerf breachstones and I will be poor again, because of how good of money making method that is. Its funny you are 40 challenges yet you speak for players playing "casually", Im not sure if you know what that means, lol.
Last edited by Shival on Feb 19, 2019, 8:35:16 AM
"
Shival wrote:

Breachstones are fine, getting to 100 in cost of few hundred exalts is not a problem for the global game economy and hardness. 90% of playerbase have never seen more than 10 exalts on their account. I dont want to grind 90 for few months because I play solo while there is a bunch of no-lifes that can grind it in a party for a few hundred exalts that were made by methods that I dont even imagine are possible.

No. They are not fine. Again people miss my points because they have small perspective. You try to fit my nerf request in a little box which is lvl 100.
Perhaps its because of the example i gave but its not JUST lvling 100. Its more than that. I commented before. With pure stones it takes under 4 hours to level 96 from 80.
Pure stones are FAR too good compared to other levelling methods which disturbing overall game balance. If they are not nerfed in next league we will be seeing more pure stone rotas and less other type of levelling methods being done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info