Pure Breachstone exp. gain is broken must be nerfed!

"
AShugars wrote:
I made it to level 95 in my 1st ever league (Betrayal) on a crappy 4 yr.old laptop connected to wifi through 2 walls and 1 floor to my neighbors' router, all the while never using 1 Breachstone at all. I ran 1 Enriched Xoph Breachstone just a few days ago for the very 1st time. I enjoyed the experience of doing one, but to be honest, it to me doesn't matter if I can do one of these even once a week or not.

The real challenge for me was having good enough periods of no lag so I wouldn't die and lose 10% on the experience bar on a Melee Reave Juggernaut in Higher tier maps and deeper delves. I can't afford the luxury on higher end rigs at the moment, so I'm kinda stuck playing solo with the occasional request for help getting through endgame content like T11+ Shaper/Elder. Hell, I haven't even Killed Uber Elder yet and we are 2 weeks away from the end of this league. If I do end up getting that pesky Elder Influence to work with me into the middle or not is of no real consequence. What matters to me, just a casual scrub who don't care of how others prefer to play THEIR game, is that I find areas of the game that keep me interested in learning more about it. Effciency is a must have for the types of players that take this game too seriously. For me, I could give two shits.

As long as I enjoy the content that is reasonably accessible and not a mind-fuck to get to to keep things fresh and interesting, that's all I really care about. lvl 100? Congrats to those who can do that, and have done it. No reason to be jealous of those who can do that FOR REAL! If I can get a better rig and connection to play on, I'm sure I'll see lvl 96+ a lot easier with a lot less lag deaths.

Until then, best of luck to all who spend their time in this game for fun gameplay, and not be overly concerned about efficiency comparing their own game experience to others.

Good for you buddy. But i dont get the part where you lecture us about the items you ve never used.
I appreciate your honesty and i do think your comment has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

"
AShugars wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
AShugars wrote:
Until then, best of luck to all who spend their time in this game for fun gameplay, and not be overly concerned about efficiency comparing their own game experience to others.

In short : "screw balance, I am having fun, so it's ok" ?

Everyone has their own fulcrum to balance their gameplay on, so yes, don't be afraid to have fun, and not be concerned with others who choose their gameplay to get to lvl 100 faster than you. We each have our own path to grind in one form or another, such as in real life with all of its challenges.

Well said. Everyone has their own sense of balance in their gameplay.
And pure stones are there to destroy any balance this game ever had in levelling process. We are trying to restrore the balance pure stones has disturbed.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Feb 20, 2019, 4:37:07 AM
Your looking at this wrong. It is not the XP that is the problem, it is the availability of the item (Pure stone) or the Pure stone runs that is the problem.

Player x does 100 breach runs to reach 100, XP gets a nerf. The same player will just pay to run 150 breach runs instead. Nerf really does not solve the problem in the slightest.

If the original poster really cared as much about the game as he claims, he would be calling for the item to be account bound and Not a trade item to begin with. This would solve it completely. No he just wants it harder for SOME players to not get to 100, but the elite few can still pay to get there.

Its a joke really when you can just pay your way to the top anyway.
Account bound ?

Oh please, stop with such nonsense, this is PoE we're talking about here.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Okay instead. how about argue how changing XP solves anything at all... no skipped over that part as expected.

Player X is buying 100 breach runs.. seriously what will stop them buying 120 - 150 of them..

Can you not see it is the item itself that is problem and not the XP??

And certain items are account bound. I cant remember seeing Elder orbs for sale anywhere??

And more to the point Im not saying that is the solution, but neither is changing XP a solution.
Last edited by OGRONIN on Feb 20, 2019, 6:26:54 AM
"
OGRONIN wrote:
Player X is buying 100 breach runs.. seriously what will stop them buying 120 - 150 of them..

Cost ?
Time ?

Seriously, remove the xp bonus (as its really not needed to make those stones attractive in the first place), and that will increase the time it takes to get to 100 with pure stones only, + the time to grind for currency to get them, and time is a big part of the problem here.

The item is the problem partly because it has an absurd xp bonus.

Elder orbs are obviously a completely different thing, seriously who compares a one time use questline account bound item and a farming tool that can be run countless times ???
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
But you have kind of proved my point.. Cost being the number one issue.

You still have not answered the question.

A player who has large amounts of currency. Which lets face it you can just buy in this day and age; wants to run 100 breaches to get from 99 - 100.

How does dropping the XP stop them doing this?? They can just run more and pay more. Time has nothing to do with it.

The time would be slight between running 100 to say 130 of them.

The point I was making regarding the account bound thing, was to illustrate that OP's claimed reason of love of the game, does not seem to me to be the motive behind at all.

And no I do not agree that the XP is the problem behind the item. It is the availability. Take away the ability to buy 100 stones at a time, away goes the problem. What you and OP are proposing does not take away the problem, it just slows it a little.
Last edited by OGRONIN on Feb 20, 2019, 6:55:37 AM
How did I prove your point ?
Cost/availability is part of the problem of course, nobody said otherwise.
But it isn't everything, far from it.

Imagine a stone that was as rare as a mirror and would increase your character level by one.
It would be incredibly expensive.
Should it be in the game ? Obviously not, because it's ridiculous.

Of course pure breachstones are not at that level of absurdity, but they are already at quite some level compared to everything else in the game regarding xp/loot rates, and increasing the cost alone isn't going to change that.

"
OGRONIN wrote:
How does dropping the XP stop them doing this?? They can just run more and pay more. Time has nothing to do with it.

Nobody wants to stop them from doing this FFS, stop for a second with that strawman please.

It's a matter of not having one choice being largely superior to everything else, of course running pure breach stones should still be a thing, but definitely not that absurd imo.

"
OGRONIN wrote:
The point I was making regarding the account bound thing, was to illustrate that OP's claimed reason of love of the game, does not seem to me to be the motive behind at all.

Sorry, but it's irrelevant regarding this.

Last edited by Fruz on Feb 20, 2019, 7:16:56 AM
"
OGRONIN wrote:
But you have kind of proved my point.. Cost being the number one issue.

You still have not answered the question.

A player who has large amounts of currency. Which lets face it you can just buy in this day and age; wants to run 100 breaches to get from 99 - 100.

The time would be slight between running 100 to say 130 of them.

And no I do not agree that the XP is the problem behind the item. It is the availability. Take away the ability to buy 100 stones at a time, away goes the problem. What you and OP are proposing does not take away the problem, it just slows it a little.

Do u even understand what 250% increased exp. gain means in lvl 83-84 zones?
You have no idea why pure breachstones are overtuned.
They are overused because they give shit ton of exp. in the shortest amount of time. Thats why they should be nerfed. Price has nothing to do with it.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
But that is the point and others have made it also.

Why should the game be about who can afford to do a certain thing in order to benefit from it.

And its funny you should mention the mirror. As that's what I saw someone do. They dropped a mirror in our party and went on to buy hundreds of breach stones with it. An easy ride up to 100. Changes to the XP does not change that happening.

Actually what you said would solve the problem, if the Pure Stone was a super rare drop. The market would not be flooded with them and you would not get people running 50+ at a time. XP changes do nothing. If anything they make the rich get even richer in the game.

I actually think this will cause an even deeper problem to the already bad economy of the game and actually believe has a little to do with the motive behind it.

And dont talk to me like you have others, that I have no idea what Im talking about. Of course I know exactly what the Pure stone offers. I just think you reasoning is horse ****

And just as easily I can argue they are over used because they are so available in the game....

It is really really naive to think a XP nerf will stop them being overused... I expect someone with so much love to understand that..
Last edited by OGRONIN on Feb 20, 2019, 7:33:49 AM
"
OGRONIN wrote:
And its funny you should mention the mirror. As that's what I saw someone do. They dropped a mirror in our party and went on to buy hundreds of breach stones with it. An easy ride up to 100. Changes to the XP does not change that happening.

IT DOES

How many times are you going to go in circle with the same fallacy ?

Somebody with infinite currency could buy elder strands and run them white to eventually hit lvl 100, so what ?

By removing that ridiculous xp boost, it will take significantly more time and more currency to reach level 100.

And all at once the ride isn't that easy/simple anymore as it takes 2.5 times more currency and time.

What makes those stones attractive is the absurb amount of XP + the loot when running them, and the point is not to destroy them, it's to make them less attractive to make other options actual options even if you have a shitload of currency.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 20, 2019, 8:15:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info