Pure Breachstone exp. gain is broken must be nerfed!

Hey guys i think you dropped the ball while creating pure breachstones.
It takes 48 stones for 1 character to lvl 99 from 98.
and it takes roughly 120 stones for a lvl 99 to 100.
its broken and must be nerfed.
one elemental pure breachstone gives 1% exp to a lvl 99 character.
this increases with uul and chayula.
it costs roughly 21 exalts to lvl up 100 from 99. which is 21 pure breachstone rotations in a party.

Hope you will consider fixing this issue.
little edit: this nerf cannot happen mid-league so dont worry about it.
this is a suggestion to be considered next league.

end of the thread: its done.
"
Qarl wrote:
Upgraded Breachstones were an attractive reward and concept, but we did balance the benefits too far ahead of other rewards. The experience gain reward was very attractive, and became a dominant motivator in the league. Tul, Esh and Xoph upgraded Breachstones have had their increased experience gain modifier reduced to 100% for all tiers (down from progressive rewards that went up to 250%). Uul-Netol upgraded Breachstones have been reduced to 150% (previous maximum was 300%), Chayula to 200% (previous maximum was 350%).

Pack size modifiers for upgraded Breachstones have also been reduced. All Pure Breachstones have had their area level lowered by one. Charged and Enriched Chayula Breachstones have also had their area level lowered by one.

These nerfs only affect experience gain. Boss item rewards from these Breachstones have not been affected.

Ty for listening guys, this one was necessary. I dont push for nerfs so easily so i think this one was well deserved.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Feb 21, 2019, 10:39:16 PM
Last bumped on Feb 22, 2019, 4:14:19 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
T_T I don't think it's broken.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
According to I_NO's thread, that's a couple thousand Chaos, AND non-stop, no-life party play.

True, Breachlord Domains have a lot nicer layout to run, compared to the average back-tracking Crater shit fest - but I don't think it needs a nerf.

For the 0.1% elite, does it really matter if you level in 1 hour more or less?
Time and grind do not equal challenge.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Dec 22, 2018, 2:55:48 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:

I think few understand this.
Aaand a Beachhead gives what, about 0.8-1.0% of a level from 99->100? That's about in line with a Pure Breachstone, then. (BTW, if you get 1.2% from one pure breachstone, then it is NOT 120 to make the level, 'cuz that'd get you 144%, not 100%)

And about Beachheads? Well, a Pure breachstone is around an exalt-ish on Betrayal, which is about comparable to the lasting (standard) price for Beachheads. (though beachhead prices are suppressed in Betrayal, probably due to lower demand)

It seems like things are >99% balanced in that regard.

"
johnKeys wrote:

Quoting this on top of Rein's quote, to highlight it more.

MrsDeath wasn't around to experience how things were before, but it actually used to be a good deal easier than that, and you could go from 99->100 in like 100-200 Shipyard maps.

The only reason GGG made it take longer is because they'd been desperate to try and keep streamers from returning to Hearthstone or Fortnite. Note only are they no longer reliant on streamers to expose their game, but there's lots of far-better ways to keep players in, with various other content (like delves) that can take FAR longer than the 5-day "Race to 100."

There is no solid reason why GGG should enforce making it to level 100 being a tedious, painful slog like it is now.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Dec 23, 2018, 4:10:45 AM
What's the issue? You can use them, but you'll pay through the nose for it.
"
ACGIFT wrote:

There is no solid reason why GGG should enforce making it to level 100 being a tedious, painful slog like it is now.

Well, the thing is, it being painful and all that is just your take on the matter.
Honestly, I get that a lot of people dislike long grinds, but it can be a challenge people set for themselves. Putting in enough time and dedication is a challenging goal.

But, either way, I don't see anything wrong with the maximum possible level being so far away. It's not required for anything. It's only a part of a single challenge, when 36 is enough, and even this challenge gives you the choice to do something else instead. It existing as a goal for people willing to put in the grind is just fine.

Also, experience cap not being reached so easily adds another thing you feel you're slowly but surely progressing at. I like having some more levels to get, it's another thing that motivates to do content.
Last edited by Imaishi on Dec 24, 2018, 9:00:05 PM
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

one elemental pure breachstone gives 1.2% exp to a lvl 99 character.
it costs roughly 21 exalts to lvl up 100 from 99. which is 21 pure breachstone rotations in a party.

As someone else pointed out beachhead rotation is 0.8-1% exp for a lvl 99 character. Also costs alot less. Ultimately if you are willing to spend alot of currency and play A LOT then you can level quickly. This is nothing new. Way back in the day Poorjoy's did the same. But as high map tier's came along it fell behind. It's exp was nerfed to be more fitting for it's level and difficulty and now its a T6. Why should they nerf the exp of the hardest current content in the game short of UElder? Anyone able to run pure breachstones in 6 man groups and willing to pay for them deserve the exp they get. Alot of players that play rarely manage to get more than 21ex in a single league anyways. Not that many players will play long enough to get up to 99 and then pay 21ex for 21 breachstones and do a 6 man rota with them to get to 100.

I would say it's weird you have played this long and do not understand how this game works but again this is Path of Exile there are plenty of people who have played since closed beta and still have no idea what they are doing.

Stop trying to get everything nerfed and ruining people's fun. If you don't like how much exp pure breachstones give then dont run them. It's really that simple. If you can't afford to run them and are annoyed that others can....then sorry to use this cliche but "Git Gud".
Last edited by KuraiArashi on Dec 26, 2018, 8:15:48 AM
The grind to 100 is too slow.

They should just add a fatigue system to counter the no life players or a catchup system for those of us who work a 9 to 6 and have families.

Just reward chaining different content and penalize running the same back to back to back.

If you cant no life the game the first 2 weeks of a league it will take a long time to get enough currency for your build. This is a huge problem and a major turn off to most players.
"
KuraiArashi wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:

one elemental pure breachstone gives 1.2% exp to a lvl 99 character.

As someone else pointed out beachhead rotation is 0.8-1% exp for a lvl 99 character. Also costs alot less. Ultimately if you are willing to spend alot of currency and play A LOT then you can level quickly. This is nothing new. Way back in the day Poorjoy's did the same. But as high map tier's came along it fell behind. It's exp was nerfed to be more fitting for it's level and difficulty and now its a T6. Why should they nerf the exp of the hardest current content in the game short of UElder? Anyone able to run pure breachstones in 6 man groups and willing to pay for them deserve the exp they get. Alot of players that play rarely manage to get more than 21ex in a single league anyways. Not that many players will play long enough to get up to 99 and then pay 21ex for 21 breachstones and do a 6 man rota with them to get to 100.

I would say it's weird you have played this long and do not understand how this game works but again this is Path of Exile there are plenty of people who have played since closed beta and still have no idea what they are doing.

Stop trying to get everything nerfed and ruining people's fun. If you don't like how much exp pure breachstones give then dont run them. It's really that simple. If you can't afford to run them and are annoyed that others can....then sorry to use this cliche but "Git Gud".

dude i had fun running pure breachstones. and i understand very well how the game works^^
i can afford them and normally i wouldnt mind them being around.
i used them to lvl up my first 100.
BUT it has a very broken exp rate and i think its too overtuned.
imo they need to nerf exp rate at least 20%.
as u said i am a seasoned player and levelling was never this easy before and i was quite shocked by it.
it might be a profitable system but i believe its broken.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Dec 26, 2018, 10:08:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info