Pure Breachstone exp. gain is broken must be nerfed!

"
Hasunic wrote:
I lvl'ed from 1-98 killing uberelder so far. Is this challenging enough?

not if you have used a jugg build.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
lul
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
I enriched a tul breachstone it's just crazy, the boss is more powerful, has more life too (^^) I love this concept unfortunately reserved for very very rich!
But it's clear the XP gain is broken.
Last edited by NeoG on Dec 27, 2018, 11:08:07 PM
"
Imaishi wrote:
but it can be a challenge people set for themselves. Putting in enough time and dedication is a challenging goal.

People can convince themselves that a dog turd is a delicacy... But that doesn't make it so.

Time and grind are not challenge. It's just an arbitrary wall/gating mechanism.

"
Imaishi wrote:
Also, experience cap not being reached so easily adds another thing you feel you're slowly but surely progressing at. I like having some more levels to get, it's another thing that motivates to do content.

Not when there's the specter of EXP loss, especially when it starts getting to be an incredibly large number of maps' worth.

The problem there is... No, there ISN'T a cure-all solution for "doing content" but also "not dying;" top HC players die all the time, even when things DO work well. And outside of that... Avoiding death often means "ignore the actual interesting content, just grind the most boring single map over and over again."

It's absolutely crap, and really the main thing that's driven me to abandon further progression on any character level by around the mid-90s.

"
NeoG wrote:
But it's clear the XP gain is broken.

You don't remember Harbinger at all? It's pretty much the same as Beachhead rotations.

And to be honest, it's still slower than just chaining 78s back in the pre-2.0 days.

GGG has only needed to slow getting to 100 because they were so reliant on streamer exposure to get any new players, and most high-profile streamers would complete "the race to 100" then quit and go back to Heartstone and other games that bring viewers more consistently.

Since then, though, the game's playerbase has grown WELL beyond just desperately relying on streamer exposure; word-of-mouth almost certainly accounts for more player gains than streamers.

Furthermore, we now have other races that take longer than the 4-5 day norm it's been to hit 100 in SC challenge leagues. SSF makes it a LOT longer (and also makes 40/40 near-impossible) and we also have Delves; hitting Depth 6,000 is SO much harder.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
@ACGIFT

I agree, besides the beachead map is still there and I'm for the concept of pure breachstone remains!
It must be made less common and linked to the account (like the elder orb) to avoid rotations.
it must remain cherry on the cake to finalize a character.
"
NeoG wrote:
@ACGIFT

I agree, besides the beachead map is still there and I'm for the concept of pure breachstone remains!
It must be made less common and linked to the account (like the elder orb) to avoid rotations.
it must remain cherry on the cake to finalize a character.

thats a good idea.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
grepman wrote:
stones are dumb af
rotas are even dumber

100 was already devalued tho, its a loud cry from when baker or havoc did it in 2013. ssfhc was able to get to 100 in 3 days ffs

Was pretty epic watching Havoc get that. The journey and the solo Piety to 100 :)

Baker I didn't watch live, but saw highlights. Super feat.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
its crazy how valuable these are, and how shitty the other rewards from many syndicates are by comparison (I mean, vagan is a sly bastard)

these on pure breachstones - even the basic ones like xoph - drop t16 maps like candy, expensive uniques, and give insane xp

as opposed to...pick a unique from riker. amazing.

you know how we joke GGG cant balance ? Im not sure if this was on purpose or not, but some of the syndicate rewards are literally trash and some are the best xp gain in the game and better than maps. like wtf

got this perfect xoph's out of a pure breachstone along with like 4 t16s a tabula and bunch of other shit and like 20% xp at level 94. I mean, this is insanity.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
stones are dumb af
rotas are even dumber

100 was already devalued tho, its a loud cry from when baker or havoc did it in 2013. ssfhc was able to get to 100 in 3 days ffs

Was pretty epic watching Havoc get that. The journey and the solo Piety to 100 :)

Baker I didn't watch live, but saw highlights. Super feat.
yeah those were the days.
Like always, even people with 39 challanges have no idea what is the real problem here. Get to the root people.
When I hear things like "aRPG can't have an exploit", I can just facepalm hard. This person should get banned for 1 week, then tested about understanding of ToS.
Feels like kindergarden here sometimes (maybe it is, since there is no viable way to say if someone have required age to even play this game).

But back to the topic...
Pure breachstones are not a problem, the problem is really easy way to manipulate syndicate to get them. GGG like always TRIED to design something to be worthwile and rare, yet it isn't rare since you can easly manipulate the outcome.

The problem is syndicate having tied results to members. They should remove that making it totall RNG and also add more ranks to members to increase/rebalance rewards and enchance risk-reward system in it.

It isnt bad if something is really good as long as it is rare/hard to get.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info