Mastermind fight

Im at the boss fight.
Ive killed 3 of the syndicate members exploting the totems when im ignited with the green.
Theres one sindicate member left, and catarina is in the top right corner where the ground burns me and she just stays there and nothing happens.
What do i need to do please?
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Gosen wrote:
It took me over 50 hours to get into Mastermind's Lair only to get one shooted. Fuck this league. It's the worst new content after Bestiary in PoE ever. Crap rewards, deadly and grindy as nothing before.

Challenges harder than ever, boring rewards, rng crafting system... I'm gone until next league. I hope it will better by then. Still no adventure mode or endless league to skip main quest is tiresome every league, but I will be back.

How are you so bad at this game? The first one spawns in a low level zone like 68 or something. it's like super easy even without knowing the fight :(

My fight took place on 81 level area... To make 100% intelligence for mastermind in few hours you would need to farm Syndicates only on Blood Aqueducts.
"
Nyrin wrote:
I'm here after 6-deathing the fight. Took me 86 levels to get to my first Mastermind and now it's reset. Might just quit the league instead.

The apologists here are being idiots. The totem mechanic is not explained AT ALL, and the Catarina arrow pointer is completely useless to the 90% of builds with visual vomit around their feet in the forms of auras, flasks, and everything else. I only figured it out by hearing the sound as I ran by. Two portals down to figure that out; four left.

And then the one shots. I don't know what the hell was going on, but I died two more times re-entering the room with no visual indications that were notably different from all the glowing noise in the room. Two portals left, three totems down.

Then one of the adds managed to hit me with a burst right as Mastermind did. Effective one-shot.

One portal left.

Enter the room, instant death. No clear visual again.

All done. Back to 0% after 85 levels and -60% to 87.

The fight basically seems to exemplify every one of the biggest design issues with the Syndicate fights.

I fought Mastermind first time yesterday. First i got her health drop easily, but then she went immune and i didnt even realise it at first because for some reason her energy shield still took damage. (inconsistent much?) Then i just wandered aimlessly around the map trying to dodge her while hitting the big totem, small totems and wondering is this bugged or something. I didnt even notice the small arrow because the effects in this game are so overwhelming. There is no indicator you need to stand next to specific totem, no beam coming from the totem to the boss, no health bar, not even a line from Jun, nothing.Ultimately i destroyed right totem by accident, but it was too late for me and i failed the boss. All progress to the mastemind gone...

Probably next time i could win her easily, but i just lost all motivation for the syndicate stuff. And to top it off even if you win the mastermind, all your syndicate progress will reset and for what? Rewards from the mastermind arent even good, its not just worth to fight her again.

This is just my opinion, maybe others have better experience, but for me it was not fun encounter.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
nomorats wrote:

what kind of bullshit did you just say, mr. Bigshot???

I'm no "Bigshot", just a plain, old casual player. What part of my post was "bullshit"?

The fact that you have 3 months to learn the fight? Fact.
The fact that in the last league, the league boss was so rare that instead of spending 3 months to learn the fight, you had to spend three months hoping for it to spawn? Fact.
The fact that you can steadily work towards the boss now, instead of hoping? Fact.

Again, what was bullshit?

Ok I have no skin in this game, but in no fucking measurable way are you casual.

We can see your characters. Lvl 93, 5 Mastermind fights, Double Six Links, and geared to the teeth.

Either RMT or no-life.

Either way gtfo.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
I like the fight quite a bit. Think it's very well done. There is plenty of stuff to dodge and the mechanics work fine once you get the hang of it.
I beat it first try without reading or watching a guide.

I'm not that good at the game. I'm in my first month of playing. My character profile is open. I'm following a build from the forum.

I didn't know what to expect when I went inside. Beat on her until I noticed her health stopped moving, oh no, what now? Then I realized there is a giant circle around my feet with an arrow pointing me at something. Oooookay. Ran over that way, and the totem started doing shit to me. Didn't like that, so I ran away. But the arrow pointed me back. Alright fine, lets see what this is.

Oh, the next phase. This is where I died first because a big circle of lit ground came up, and I thought I was supposed to stay in it. Then a giant skull came up and ate me. Oops.

The rest of the fight is a repeat of this exact same mechanic, with more and more of the arena being slowly eaten up by whatever that 'you gonna die' ground is. And the tower spitting those annoying faster-and-faster attacks.

Honestly. It wasn't hard. It wasn't exactly /fun/, but it wasn't hard.
I just watched Mathil's video on it and wow that looks annoying.

I'll try it once the prices for scarabs settles for an achievement if it makes or breaks something.

But the drops don't look good considering it resets your investigations and the boss fight itself doesn't look good at all.
"
FathomWheel wrote:

But the drops don't look good considering it resets your investigations and the boss fight itself doesn't look good at all.

It's not that bad. Only thing I knew that I have to do something with the totems.
Died once due to confusion, but then it wasn't that hard.

Having a good movement skill helps - when in doubt, zap around until the dust settles a bit and continue.
has anyone done this with scourge arrow? i got to the last pahse twice and flames from totem are killing me, i cant charge my bow with how fast it comes out. From the video that i seen people with other builds facetank her at last phase and leech to recover the damage from her and totem. I can only leech only 75% hp back and flames do 85% of my hp.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Either RMT or no-life.

LOL! Funny! I like you, Exile.

I've played a lot. Maybe 3-4 hours a day since launch. If that's "no-life", then OK. We just have to disagree on the definition.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info