Mastermind fight

"
Phrazz wrote:
I've played a lot. Maybe 3-4 hours a day since launch. If that's "no-life", then OK. We just have to disagree on the definition.

Maybe not "no-life", but already deep down the rabbit hole, far away from a "casual".
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Drs123 wrote:
I think they're not going to leave the Catarina battle the way it is.

I seriously thought it was bugged for the first 15-20 mins or so, and wasn't the only one.

I wasn't expecting that fight to be... whatever that was. There's no real hint to what to do and short of looking it up you're bound to spend a while searching for the next step to push the phase.

Given that it can take a very long while to unlock the fight, it shouldn't be that much of a guessing game to complete it.
Yep, totally over league play.
Just finished my first encounter with her - the first couple of deaths were stupid (staying in the quadrant after totem exploded and letting all the little skellies reach me - I still don't know how to avoid this except via kiting). The next 2 were literal one-shots. Walk in, move to the quadrants I know are safe, dead. One more death with a combo I could have avoided. Last one was a 1-shot with no telegraphs as well (she wan't even in the screen).

My biggest problem is not the fight,it is the time it takes to unlock this shitty fight. Get rid of the jail mechanic for the captains - each one should give 25 intel for the MM so that once you do 4 safehouses, you unlock the MM.
Otherwise, it is better to Delve, even in this league.
Last edited by TimelordDC on Dec 21, 2018, 5:21:58 PM
Looked up a video of the mastermind fight before going in, and managed to kill the mastermind... still have no friggin clue what happens during the fights/stages.

I agree with the expressed sentiment by some: If I wanted phased fights, I'd be playing WoW still.

PS: Noticed only after the mastermind fight that the regular safehouses are reset! :S Did the mastermind before the safehouse leaders I still needed for the challenge(had 3 over 90%), because I figured I wouldn't want to lose out on the mastermind experience % the safehouses give. BIG mistake, and no warning what-so-ever.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Dec 21, 2018, 5:33:51 PM

Mastermind will spawn initially next to CT.

Damage her till you see a green quest arrow beneath your player characters feet like in the old forsaken masters daily missions, and move to the appropriate totem (T).

After you stand for a short time next to it the whole are (in which the totems stands, can be any area C1-C4) wil get a degen effect. Avoid it.

After that a sysndicate member is released which you have to kill.

Rinse an repeaste till no more sysnidicate are left and avoid the corner areas (C1-C4) and manage to mitigate the now more aggressive pulsating Center Totem(CT) while at the same time killing the Masterming the the final time.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Dec 21, 2018, 6:14:47 PM
she does fire damage, why the chaos resist?
"
arcticteam wrote:
she does fire damage, why the chaos resist?

She does 50% physical 50% fire
http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Catarina%2C+Master+of+Undeath

Perhaps totems degen is chaos?
Last edited by moostrenko on Dec 25, 2018, 2:51:26 AM
"
zsolti16 wrote:
The fight is bullshit, and i thought Aul was the king of bullshit, can you not introduce 1000000 phased bosses? i had enough WOW raids, please, i play ARPG!!!!!!!!!! for a reason, if i wanted WOW i would play fuking WOW. Lost all my interest in this game, sry. I swear i had more fun in old poe :/, whatever you do, its wrong!

get over it.
did it today....piece of cake.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Stupidest boss fight ever.
Waste of time/xp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info