Mastermind fight

Is it easier in a low level area? Almost shat under myself in the lv 82 area.

Spoiler
Keep up the support folks...keep the cash flow going....
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
krenderke wrote:

Spoiler

Yeah, there's plenty of forum crusaders in here saying the fight is easy and thinking they are gud because they spawned it on like a 68 lol 82 is waaaaay harder, It's like comparing white elder to red.

Then this makes me ask again.

What is the point of having the same rewards for doing it in an area where base monster HP is 2-5 times higher? (just remembered mosnter hp scales with level, that's why uber atziri bosses have way more tha n2x the life compared to normal)

I'm not saying we need an other Aul, BUT if aul was only locked behind the depth 300 grindwall and not also behind the retarded spawn rate, then it might have been good.

Thinking of how the incursion boss also is, I'm glad I didn't play that league.

Bestiary? Initially it was impossible to get any beast, but then they changed it.

Even something like the Talisman league Rigwald fight (where certain rewards were locked behind certain iLVL fights) made some sense, even tho high level maps back then were not very accesable.
Last edited by krenderke on Dec 25, 2018, 6:02:41 PM
I just tried it in a level 79 area and went in blind having not watched or read anything about it(on purpose). I killed three of the syndicate members but didn't really understand what I had done to unlock them. I noticed the green arrow at my feet and ran towards it but still couldn't figure out what I had done to progress the fight.

In the end I ran out of portals out of sheer frustration of not knowing what to do. That's OK I thought, I got pretty close on the first try. I'll just have to save a little more Mastermind XP and give it another go. BUT no, I lost all the Mastermind XP I've taken 91 levels to collect.

I love everything about this league APART from the Betrayal stuff and I've not skipped any of it. Died 80 times but stuck with it due to not wanting to skip anything. All in all it's the most frustrating and pointless league content so far, I actually preferred Bestiary....

If it's true that you can just run low level maps over and over to get a lower level and easier Mastermind fight for the same rewards, then that is beyond dumb.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
krenderke wrote:

Spoiler

Yeah, there's plenty of forum crusaders in here saying the fight is easy and thinking they are gud because they spawned it on like a 68 lol 82 is waaaaay harder, It's like comparing white elder to red.

I do it ez at 83's ?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
krenderke wrote:

Spoiler

I do it ez at 83's ?

What does that prove?

I don't know you but from reading stuff here you are clearly a high-end player in one of the best Guilds? I'm sure you find all the content "ez" but the normal player may not.

It really doesn't help anybody posting replies like that.
Well it does to me content should be hard end of story and it's literally 2 mechanics it's actually stupid how easy it is.

But some of like standing in shit apparently.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Well it does to me content should be hard end of story and it's literally 2 mechanics it's actually stupid how easy it is.

But some of like standing in shit apparently.

Maybe you could take a step back and look at this from the perspective of the average player? (which you are obviously not).

As I said, you obviously find everything in the game "ez" but some of the comments you make are extremely unhelpful. And no, I don't "like standing in shit"

I actually didn't mind that the fight was hard. It was the fact that like most Betrayal stuff, it's just a lot of explosions and mess making it very difficult to know what to do on your first attempt. Did you truly know exactly what to do when you first tried this fight without researching it first?

My solution to even things out would be to only lose 10% of your Mastermind XP if you don't manage to finish the fight without using up all the portals. At least that way you could do a couple more Safehouses and have another try. If you complete the fight XP would still drop back to zero.
I mean if you died like a lot of times I believe you should just watch a video like once more it's literally two mechanics that you needed to learn that's it.

Avoid the wave of chaos via in the middle and blow up her totems repeat 4 times that's it really.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
I mean if you died like a lot of times I believe you should just watch a video like once more it's literally two mechanics that you needed to learn that's it.

Avoid the wave of chaos via in the middle and blow up her totems repeat 4 times that's it really.

As others have said, you really shouldn't need to watch a video to learn a fight having tried and died enough times to wipe out your portals and then have another REALLY LONG wait to have another attempt. I take it you watched a guide of the fight then before doing it? Personally I don't like doing that for new content as I like to experience it fresh. Yes I'm sure it is very easy if I had learned them but sadly I won't get another chance for quite a while now.

The solution I posted previously would make things so much fairer and allow players to learn these "ez" fights.

I cannot see how this fight in a higher level area on your first attempt going in blind could be called "ez", and to have only one go at it is a real kick in the balls.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info