Mastermind fight

thank god i play slowly so I knew what the fight was about beforehand.
Second-class poe gamer
I think the frustration is more the length of time it takes to get to the MM fight and if you fail you do nt get another go.

I think a 25% reduction in MM safehouse intel would a fair comprimise other than losing all them hours
#StandardLivesMatter
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Maybe.
But the MM fight is way less forgiving & harder than for example the Omnitect fight or the Vaal Delve boss (~ depth 100).
It basically forces you to off screen this boss so you take less damage and dont interact with the league mechanics at all.

I think i will use good old totems or maybe the new brands with high postitive chaos resists next time.

I facetanked her on my not-even-uber-lab-done maxblock scion pathfinder/elementalist (winter orb CwC arctic breath). I found the mechanics quite frustrating though, as I didn't really realize what triggered her to take damage until I had spent couple of minutes wandering around the room and muttering to myself about stupid phasing :-p

Morale of the story: 50% chaos resist helps a lot :)
I'm kind of surprised to hear anyone had trouble with the boss.

My stats:
lvl 87 Glad, molten strike,the build is something like a mix alkaizer's 3.0 build and two 3.1/3.4 builds I changed myself - probably not even close to optimal. SSF, so no Grelwood, Kaom's, Belly/Loreweave, Xoph or any stuff like that. 5k HP, max ele res, -50% chaos res, about 50% block, 6/8 ascendancies. 120 hours _total_ experience in PoE - 50 hours in delve and 70-something this league.

Only trouble I had with her is realizing that you have to stand near those heal-totem-things to disable her invulnerability (it's not obvious since they used to have hp in syndicate encounters) - didn't watch any videos or threads and went in blind since I had all portals up and decided to go read only if I die like 3 times or more to something strange. Other than that, she couldn't even outdamage my lifeleech, yet alone do any damage spike that lowered me close to death.

Syndicate encounters were harder overall, when there's 3-4 guys with items ganging up on you. Normal Atziri's harder. Even Innocence/Kitava are waaaay harder when you rush them blindly first time around. I mean no offense but honestly can't understand how's she a difficult boss by any means or how could a player manage simultaneous Elreon/Perandus/Tora inside a fortification and not manage this fight.
GGG wants their game to be an insane rng grind filled with gear checks one shots and things with absurd stats while nerfing all the easy or smart ways players find to overcome those obstacles.

They are definetly on the right road this time. They shouldn't nerf betrayal if they want to rebuild the core of PoE.

If that's not what you are looking from a videogame then go quit indeed.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
I can understand why some players are telling it is too much and PoE is not explaining it and sends you to hell.
THinking of my first fights against atziri, when getting in the map without knowing what i will get and what is the mechanic of the fight, it came as it had to come, i was killed.
Then I heard about phases and how to react, just like when doing boss fight in Lab. With such knowledge it was still no easy thing but it could be done.
So maybe ther is too much you have to look for before actually starting PoE.
Sometimes
"
zsolti16 wrote:
The fight is bullshit, and i thought Aul was the king of bullshit, can you not introduce 1000000 phased bosses? i had enough WOW raids, please, i play ARPG!!!!!!!!!! for a reason, if i wanted WOW i would play fuking WOW. Lost all my interest in this game, sry. I swear i had more fun in old poe :/, whatever you do, its wrong!

GIT GUD.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.
"
Prizy wrote:
... If you can't figure it out, youtube the fight and be prepared..

uhh.. nope. if you have to youtube to figure a boss that you've been grinding to open for 5 days or else you're fucked it is NOT a good thing. I would understand if it's a map that you can buy or something, but working on it for so long, dealing with OP/unbalanced syndicate idiotism just to fail because the "mechanics" require you to loose most of your portals just to figure it - come on.. what you it had even more to figure, what you gonna say then - "ooh, it is so cool to kill a month of work there!!"??? nope.
I'm here after 6-deathing the fight. Took me 86 levels to get to my first Mastermind and now it's reset. Might just quit the league instead.

The apologists here are being idiots. The totem mechanic is not explained AT ALL, and the Catarina arrow pointer is completely useless to the 90% of builds with visual vomit around their feet in the forms of auras, flasks, and everything else. I only figured it out by hearing the sound as I ran by. Two portals down to figure that out; four left.

And then the one shots. I don't know what the hell was going on, but I died two more times re-entering the room with no visual indications that were notably different from all the glowing noise in the room. Two portals left, three totems down.

Then one of the adds managed to hit me with a burst right as Mastermind did. Effective one-shot.

One portal left.

Enter the room, instant death. No clear visual again.

All done. Back to 0% after 85 levels and -60% to 87.

The fight basically seems to exemplify every one of the biggest design issues with the Syndicate fights.
I dno, maybe the part where we investigate her, should have bought us a few hints. Took so long filling that bar.. all for naught..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info