[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Hi all,
Its my first time playing Arc mine Saboteur and following this build has been great thus far. Seems like there's a lot of flexibility in gearing with many of you having variations from the guide.

I'm curious about changing the passive tree from the initial "mine and trap damage" to "elemental damage".
Will this have significant impact? Both seems the same to me.

Secondly is Call of Brotherhood a good ring for this build?
I'm quite confused with the possibilities

"
"
Oxycrest wrote:
Greetings Exiles, i'm almost at the same state as Pandaroux, currently dual wands, arc in helm for clear and ball lightning in chest for bosses.

I'm a bit lost and don't understand what to aim for end game : tremor rod with 6L or something else ?

I'm doing T XI maps and it's ok, i think i need more HP.

I also have a big interrogation, i see nowhere mention about chaos res, is there a passive or something i missed ?

ATM i'm looking for a 6L loreweave, i dont' know if this should be my priority.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I think what I just posted for Pandaroux is still relevant for you; I think the biggest damage upgrade you can have right now is your neck.

You should be able to find one with 23+ (t1) spell damage, life, and/or crit/crit multi.

As for survivability - Your health potions are two behind. They restore the same amount as better potions but in 3x the time. Try to get some Superior Eternal Health Potions. I did the same thing, and it makes a HUGE difference when you switch.

I'd also consider swapping your hybrid flask for a Lavignas Mana Potion as it helps a lot with MoM.

Likewise, there are a few tweaks you can make to your passives... even just at the beginning where you can go from the initial mine damage to the ele damage nodes below them.

And once you get a better amulet, you can annoint it with divine judgement for some ele damage/pen.
"
WangJianWei wrote:
I'm curious about changing the passive tree from the initial "mine and trap damage" to "elemental damage".
Will this have significant impact? Both seems the same to me.

Secondly is Call of Brotherhood a good ring for this build?
I'm quite confused with the possibilities

No difference once you switch to mines. Better to go elemental at start only if you level as selfcast.

Both CotB and rare rings are completely viable. The downside to CotB is that you miss some damage, resists, and life that have to be made up on another slot. But if you really want to invest on resists on other slots, you can even go 2 CotB 20% rings for 96% lightning to cold conversion. Alternatively use Three Dragons to allow lightning damage to freeze to spare your ring slots or just have a decent amount of cold damage via gear or Added Cold.

I only have about 7% of my Arc damage as cold through various sources and it chills/freezes most stuff except bosses. But if you're not geared out, getting that chill/freeze can help your survivability by a lot when you start pushing map tiers.
@Blackdeath what do you think is better arc chain's or arc damage? for helm enchant
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on Jan 14, 2020, 4:02:51 AM
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
@Blackdeath what do you think is better arc chain's or arc damage? for helm enchant

15% MORE damage and additional target vs 40% INCREASED damage. The MORE damage won't show up in PoB unless you manually calculate it. Just for single target on my PoB, almost 2.5x more damage with extra chain vs increased.

Chain is much better and is worth the cost when you can afford it (I just spent 300c for an ES arc chain helm with - resis). Increased damage is a cheap upgrade when you start mapping, but shaped mine helms are pretty cheap now and can provide similar or more damage to 40% increased.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jan 14, 2020, 6:14:43 AM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
The MORE damage won't show up in PoB unless you manually calculate it.

Nah that's incorrect. PoB does show the +15% on default. The "Average Hit" shows the Damage on the first hit, including the extra bonus from chains remaining.

Also keep in mind it is not 15% more DPS.

It is +15% more added to a already existing +135% more (9x15% -> 10x15%)

Which makes it a ~10% more mulitplier.

Which is still great, ofc. But it's very close to the +40% dmg enchant, dmg wise.

(e.g. going from +400% increased damage to +440% would exactly be the same)

(it adds an additional lowdmg jump at the end of the chain, though. which can increase clearspeed a little bit)

TLDR: Chain best enchant, but only 1-2% better than +40% damage. Both are super fine. Don't overspend on chain, though.
Last edited by Schejian on Jan 14, 2020, 12:25:19 PM
"
Schejian wrote:
TLDR: Chain best enchant, but only 1-2% better than +40% damage. Both are super fine. Don't overspend on chain, though.

Ah, thanks for the correction. I just double checked and I forgot to adjust for Tranquility damage. 50k Chain vs 45k 40%. The extra chain is still nice QoL when you can afford it.
Thx for the clarfication guy's
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
is +ball lightning projectile good or crap? they doesnt stack dmg from 1 mine? does they move in same direction or different (so not bad for clearing)?
Last edited by Sunshine80 on Jan 14, 2020, 11:06:51 PM
"
Sunshine80 wrote:
is +ball lightning projectile good or crap? they doesnt stack dmg from 1 mine? does they move in same direction or different (so not bad for clearing)?

It is pretty strong, but it plays a bit differently to other mines. It shoots in a single direction towards nearby enemies and continues traveling that way potentially hitting quite a few mobs. But line up the mines poorly and it will be pretty inefficient compared to other clear spells.. so that I why I avoid them so I can just zone out and clear maps. There are several videos on YouTube if you want to see gameplay.

That said, it can still be quite strong for bosses as they can get hit multiple times per ball (once every 0.15 seconds). Also great for Blight and Delve where the mobs are in a line. If you run 2 6L or Shaped pseudo 5/6L plus 6L, you can run both Ball Lightning for bosses/Delve and something else like Arc/Stormblast for your clear skill.

Try both Ball and other spells and see what playstyle you prefer. I can't think of any major passive differences between Ball and Arc variants, just supports like Slower Projectiles to hit more times. On poe.ninja, Ball Lightning is currently at the highest Delve for Sabo's (one-hit build though). Also, 20% of the 1300 Sabo's at 96+ use a 5L or higher Ball set-up.

Definitely not crap, but not for everyone.
"
SirBugg wrote:
Ok, I might be stupid but...

I'm still leveling, just got to act 6. When do I switch from pyroclast to ice spear?

Anyone? Should I just keep pyro into the endgame? I'm farming blood equeducts right now, but I've been leveling ice spear too and not using it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info