[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
ftw2255 wrote:
Can someone check my gear and tell me what can I do? I'm getting 1 shot in t16 and my damage is lacking.

21 Vaal Arc, doesn't need to be quality, Vaal is nice for Legion. 15c
Personally, I'm not a fan of Charged Mines. 30% mine speed and 12% MORE from Frenzy vs just a beefy 50% MORE from Trap & Mine or Hypothermia for freezing.
Replace Essence Worm + Zealotry for damage, life, and resists ring. No damage on right ring. You can get a similar ring with lightning damage and empty prefix to craft flat cold/lightning which adds overall decent damage.
Remove extra crit chance in Successful Detonations wheel, complete 3rd jewel slot near Heartseeker.
At 92 or if you sacrifice a HP node for now, you can move the path through Deep Wisdom to across Throatseeker and up to Prodigal Premonition for more mana/damage.
3 (4 after 1 point move) empty jewel sockets. A 2-3 dmg mod and life abyss jewel runs like 5-30c each and will add up quite a bit overall.
I would use a max ele Atziri's Promise over Wise Oak. You have enough penetration using lightning pen and the extra chaos res is nice with Metamorphs. I'd go as far as stacking a bit more chaos res on other slots if you can afford it (why I wanted to try LL/CI this league).
Silk Gloves or modded gloves like extra damage against chilled enemies with flat life and res.
Lab enchant on boots. Flat lightning over damage pen since you have lightning pen support. Can get better non-enchanted boots if you want to farm it yourself (took me like 4 runs with Twice Enchanted, could take a dozen).
Eventually a better amulet.
Some people in this guide are running Three Dragons instead of rare helmet for freezing, up to you. You would need STR on the new rings to switch out and damage/HP/res loss from losing the enchanted helm.
Add Vaal RF for boss nuke.

All of that together should be something like double damage, plus a bit more life/chaos res. Not much help on the tankiness department, but normal problem with end game mines.. kill or be killed. I'm at 9.6k ES and still get nuked from time to time with certain map rolls like 200% extra ele plus crit.

Thank you so much for the tips.

Removing the ring and Zealotry, what auras should I run?
"
klejik wrote:
So if scepters arę nerfed, what is the best weapon to use? I saw 2x wands on PoB and tried to buy some simmilar. Tremor Rod is still better option.

Scepters aren't nerfed, it is the 20% as extra chaos that was nerfed on shaped spell caster weapons that most generic spell builds I've seen aimed for multi modding. I'm using a scepter now with +1 to skill, spell dmg, flat dmg to spells, crit chance for spells, and crit multi, but I am also stuck using a shield for low life.

"
DamianTaps wrote:
With Kaom, should I use normal jewels with %hp or abyss with flat? Can't check rn.

Also, am I doing something wrong, but PoB showing me much higher damage with lightning pene than even empower 4.

Switch to Shaper/Guardian and make sure enemy is chilled is selected if you have Skitterbots or do enough cold damage to chill. I'm at 35% ele pen with my set-up plus 45% from Conductivity, so Empower 4 is stronger for me against regular mobs, but the big bosses have curse reduction so Lightning Pen gets stronger against them.

"
ftw2255 wrote:
Thank you so much for the tips.

Removing the ring and Zealotry, what auras should I run?

Precision 1, Skitterbots if you don't need the MoM eHP, potentially add Zealotry, Wrath, or Hatred with Enlighten if skipping MoM altogether.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jan 17, 2020, 2:41:15 PM
I've just caught up on the last few pages. Is the consensus to go Koams and Arc only? Have the currency if someone could please look at my gear and suggest what/where to go next
"
dark_nebula wrote:
I've just caught up on the last few pages. Is the consensus to go Koams and Arc only? Have the currency if someone could please look at my gear and suggest what/where to go next

*Long post warning*

Depends on your definition of consensus and budget.

After this league, I definitely think the best option for miner builds is to go Low Life and more than half of the 96+ miners on POE Ninja are LL. But I think I put in over 10 ex into my gear so far (minimum is probably like 5 ex?), so definitely need some currency and like 50 Regrets before switching. And to make the switch, I had to learn a lot about ES gearing and optimization, which took me a handful of hours to learn and check in PoB having never played a ES-based build as well as lots of trial ES gear I bought along the way.

Once I got all of that set and switched over, my ES is now at 9.6k and my PoB dmg went up by like 3x from the extra auras, Pain Attunement, and other modifiers.

But for people who don't want to play ES/LL or don't have the budget to switch, Kaom's + 6L Tremor (plus Three Dragons/CotB if playing Lightning) would probably have been what I played as. Skill is completely personal preference. Ball Lightning, Glacial Cascade, Arc, and a handful of other mines are all fairly viable for all content up to like X hundred Delve. Just depends on your playstyle. Arc is great for fast chains, GC is great screen clearing, Ball Lightning is great for bosses and linear content, etc. I played this league probably 40% GC and 60% Arc, but just the skills I preferred having sampled several others.

TLDR: Consider LL mines, otherwise play Tremor + Kaom's with whatever spell you want.

As for gear suggestions:
WED on amulet doesn't work for spells.
Replace Essence Worm with rare life/dmg/res ring. Just leaving Skitterbots and Precision 1 for auras.
Remove Infernal Legion. I used it for awhile for league start, but can easily stack a little flat fire that you have to not need it.
Not sure if abyss jewel and jewel above Annihilation are temporary, but damage if you've killed recently and damage with wands does not apply to mines. And jewel below MoM is just life and crit multi.
Replace Inc Crit in helmet with something for % damage, compare the better options in PoB. Probably replaced Added Cold too if you are going to use CotB.
Upgrade Quicksilver and Life/Mana flask. You've got 2 bleed removal, no freeze removal, and Quicksilver can be upgraded to make you go faster.
Quality on CotB for more conversion if you want it. Could even go as far as 2 48% converted rings if you want to if you replace Essence Worm.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jan 17, 2020, 6:00:42 PM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Switch to Shaper/Guardian and make sure enemy is chilled is selected if you have Skitterbots or do enough cold damage to chill. I'm at 35% ele pen with my set-up plus 45% from Conductivity, so Empower 4 is stronger for me against regular mobs, but the big bosses have curse reduction so Lightning Pen gets stronger against them.

How are you using Conductivity? I thought curse on hit gems did did not work with mines.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse_On_Hit_Support
"Minions, totems, mines, and traps cannot use curse on hit."
"
Sabbea wrote:

Spell of choice + Curse on Hit + Conductivity works. Pretty sure conductivity on ring from Delve or the new Conqueror mods works too with mines, but haven't found a good one that fits my build to replace my curse set-up. And re-balancing attributes and triple balance to make the ring work is going to be fun.

*edit* - Found an okay Conductivity ring and it does work with mines. Replaced curse set-up with a CWDT ES leech set-up.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jan 18, 2020, 6:32:35 AM
what anoint should i use?
"
what anoint should i use?

Probably Counterweight if you plan to stay with Tremor. Destructive Apparatus is another contender for the reduced damage.

Also, Innervate doesn't work with mines.
Everybody uses different gears and gems, its confusing
Last edited by Njaku on Jan 18, 2020, 11:05:42 AM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Sabbea wrote:

Spell of choice + Curse on Hit + Conductivity works. Pretty sure conductivity on ring from Delve or the new Conqueror mods works too with mines, but haven't found a good one that fits my build to replace my curse set-up. And re-balancing attributes and triple balance to make the ring work is going to be fun.

*edit* - Found an okay Conductivity ring and it does work with mines. Replaced curse set-up with a CWDT ES leech set-up.

So did your original curse on hit set up not work? I'm playing SSF and have had no luck finding a Conductivity or Flammability curse on hit ring in delve yet. I wanted to try a curse on hit set up with the gem but was under the impression it wouldn't work with arc or pyroclast mines.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info