[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
SirBugg wrote:
"
SirBugg wrote:
Ok, I might be stupid but...

I'm still leveling, just got to act 6. When do I switch from pyroclast to ice spear?

Anyone? Should I just keep pyro into the endgame? I'm farming blood equeducts right now, but I've been leveling ice spear too and not using it

Completely up to you. I wasn't a fan of Ice Spear with meta bosses movement, so I ended up swapping to GC only. Then once I got geared enough, I switched to Arc only for all content.

Also, this late into league I wouldn't bother with Tabula farming. You can get a 4B2G white body armor for the same Divine value as a Tabula and then slap a HP essence on it while hoping for some resists/spare suffix.
Spoiler
"
Schejian wrote:
"
Redvann wrote:
Hi

I'm currently levelling and reached the point where I have Minefield support. Personally I don't like the way it feels as the animation keeps my character still for too long.

Yeah, Minefield is in a terrible state atm. It slows down your clearspeed and it will kill you while locking you in a animation. Swift Assembly (or any dps support) is a far better choice.

On top of that its currently bugged to (it's even slower than advertised)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2735477

So stay away from Minefield.

For Weapons:
Imho: Don't waste your currency on multimodding 1handers.

6-Link tremors are far superior, only cost around 3,5ex.
Offer around the same DPS as multimodded Weapons (+2lvl and 7-link and double explode)

And it opens up your chest slot for Kaoms (if you like a big health pool) or a good +1,5%crit chest (cheap)

Also with the upcoming changes to Freezing Metamorphs, The Three Dragons might be the BIS choice for any Lightning Miner.

Give it a try, you'll freeze-lock everything! (While still getting a solid shock from your skitterbots)

Unavailable

If you choose to go for call of the Brotherhood you'll pay for it with losing both ring slots, which we can't afford. And the freeze will be 20%weaker, as you only convert 80% to cold. (On the helmet slot, we just sacrifice the +100Life we would get otherwise)

Three Dragons will take your full Damage to calculate Freeze chance/duration. Enabling us to permafreeze Metamorphs/Bosses the second they spawn.

Okay so I’ve been gone a while and there is a lot that has changed as far as consensus best options. I find it hard to believe that tremor rod can really carry you that far in addition to allowing us to drop a single target altogether? When I was using 5L tremor in the early stages I kinda hated it so that also might be a factor but it just seems odd to me that we would choose that over multimodded sceptres w a stacking conversion of chaos damage? Could you provide some more info on that decision?

Also you speak of the freeze not being at its full capacity with CoB rings, but wouldn’t we lose a lot of shock effectiveness from using The Three Dragons? Wouldn’t our only source of shock be from the skitterbots? Why do I need to freeze a metamorph if I kill it instantly?

I only have 3.7k life (gasp) and I only tend to die from random sources of chaos damage, but I would like to see what it’s like to have a little more survivability, especially if you’re saying the dps output would be better? Just curious what to do from here as I just multimodded some intermediate scepters.
Thanks!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
SirBugg wrote:
"
SirBugg wrote:
Ok, I might be stupid but...

I'm still leveling, just got to act 6. When do I switch from pyroclast to ice spear?

Anyone? Should I just keep pyro into the endgame? I'm farming blood equeducts right now, but I've been leveling ice spear too and not using it

Completely up to you. I wasn't a fan of Ice Spear with meta bosses movement, so I ended up swapping to GC only. Then once I got geared enough, I switched to Arc only for all content.

Also, this late into league I wouldn't bother with Tabula farming. You can get a 4B2G white body armor for the same Divine value as a Tabula and then slap a HP essence on it while hoping for some resists/spare suffix.

Thank you!

What do you have setup for you arc 6L? Is it the same as he has, swapping out arc for ice spear?
"
it just seems odd to me that we would choose that over multimodded sceptres w a stacking conversion of chaos damage? Could you provide some more info on that decision?

Chaos Conversion was nerfed to the ground this league, the guide doesn't reflect that and is outdated.

It's not worth it anymore. Even with multimodding you'r now spending 2-4Ex on getting a measly 10% as extra chaos per weapon. That's weak for a weapon slot.

Compare to our cheap-as-fuck Tremor:

The seventh link from Tremor alone is 30-40% more DPS.
The +2 lvl is another +15% more.

Yeah, we miss out on generic +%dmg. But we can get plenty of that from other sources now too, to make up for it.

Both of these "more damage" scale perfectly with the +% dmg options we have now from catalyst ring/amulet/belt. (With Tremor your base damage before +dmg% calculation will be Higher, and your %more multiplicator will be higher too.)

"
but wouldn’t we lose a lot of shock effectiveness from using The Three Dragons?

True, but don't worry about that, you won't be shocking with Ball Lighnting anyway. It does tremondeus damage..but its per-hit damage is pathetic, so the hit's won't exceed the 18% Shock from Skitterbots anyway.

"
Why do I need to freeze a metamorph if I kill it instantly?

You don't literally one shot it. It might get a hit off beforce Ball Lightning does it magic. With Freeze the very first Tick of your first Arc already freezes it, preventing it from doing any damage.

"
I only have 3.7k life (gasp) and I only tend to die from random sources of chaos damage,

Well that's kinda impressive. With 3,7k HP and -45%chaos res you are basically getting one shot from anything.
But if you manage to pull that off. More power too you.
Last edited by Schejian on Jan 15, 2020, 4:36:22 PM
"
SirBugg wrote:
What do you have setup for you arc 6L? Is it the same as he has, swapping out arc for ice spear?

I'm doing low life Arc mines, so my set-up is a bit different than regular Arc mines. Current using Arc with Blastchain, Minefield, Trap and Mine, Controlled Destruction, and Hypothermia (chill source from flat cold to spells on gear and Skitterbots). Set-ups can vary, just depends on your gear and how you want to play.
Spoiler
"
Schejian wrote:
"
it just seems odd to me that we would choose that over multimodded sceptres w a stacking conversion of chaos damage? Could you provide some more info on that decision?

Chaos Conversion was nerfed to the ground this league, the guide doesn't reflect that and is outdated.

It's not worth it anymore. Even with multimodding you'r now spending 2-4Ex on getting a measly 10% as extra chaos per weapon. That's weak for a weapon slot.

Compare to our cheap-as-fuck Tremor:

The seventh link from Tremor alone is 30-40% more DPS.
The +2 lvl is another +15% more.

Yeah, we miss out on generic +%dmg. But we can get plenty of that from other sources now too, to make up for it.

Both of these "more damage" scale perfectly with the +% dmg options we have now from catalyst ring/amulet/belt. (With Tremor your base damage before +dmg% calculation will be Higher, and your %more multiplicator will be higher too.)

"
but wouldn’t we lose a lot of shock effectiveness from using The Three Dragons?

True, but don't worry about that, you won't be shocking with Ball Lighnting anyway. It does tremondeus damage..but its per-hit damage is pathetic, so the hit's won't exceed the 18% Shock from Skitterbots anyway.

"
Why do I need to freeze a metamorph if I kill it instantly?

You don't literally one shot it. It might get a hit off beforce Ball Lightning does it magic. With Freeze the very first Tick of your first Arc already freezes it, preventing it from doing any damage.

"
I only have 3.7k life (gasp) and I only tend to die from random sources of chaos damage,

Well that's kinda impressive. With 3,7k HP and -45%chaos res you are basically getting one shot from anything.
But if you manage to pull that off. More power too you.

Damn didn’t realize chaos conversion had gotten nerfed. I just started last league so it’s hard to learn while also applying current updates to what I already know lol. & I play on Xbox so my options are slim sometimes but I’ll start working towards phasing out Ball Lightning. I just kind of have to make the decision to sell my loreweave before I do anything and I want to be sure that is the best option. I’ve never felt like it was doing me much good anyway I just had to have my single target ability.
Do you think I shouldn’t really notice a difference if I slapped arc in a 6L tremor and dropped ball lightning completely pretty much immediately? Since I already have arc chain helm enchant and a lv 21 arc? (Is quality on arc nullified by three dragons) Or would I need different rings first also?

Trust me the 3.7k life wasn’t be design it’s just where I’ve ended up lol. I haven’t attempted Elder, Shaper or Sirus but I have done Chimera and a few elder guardians and the like with no real issue. But I do want a little more cushion for sure.
"
ftw2255 wrote:
Can someone check my gear and tell me what can I do? I'm getting 1 shot in t16 and my damage is lacking.

21 Vaal Arc, doesn't need to be quality, Vaal is nice for Legion. 15c
Personally, I'm not a fan of Charged Mines. 30% mine speed and 12% MORE from Frenzy vs just a beefy 50% MORE from Trap & Mine or Hypothermia for freezing.
Replace Essence Worm + Zealotry for damage, life, and resists ring. No damage on right ring. You can get a similar ring with lightning damage and empty prefix to craft flat cold/lightning which adds overall decent damage.
Remove extra crit chance in Successful Detonations wheel, complete 3rd jewel slot near Heartseeker.
At 92 or if you sacrifice a HP node for now, you can move the path through Deep Wisdom to across Throatseeker and up to Prodigal Premonition for more mana/damage.
3 (4 after 1 point move) empty jewel sockets. A 2-3 dmg mod and life abyss jewel runs like 5-30c each and will add up quite a bit overall.
I would use a max ele Atziri's Promise over Wise Oak. You have enough penetration using lightning pen and the extra chaos res is nice with Metamorphs. I'd go as far as stacking a bit more chaos res on other slots if you can afford it (why I wanted to try LL/CI this league).
Silk Gloves or modded gloves like extra damage against chilled enemies with flat life and res.
Lab enchant on boots. Flat lightning over damage pen since you have lightning pen support. Can get better non-enchanted boots if you want to farm it yourself (took me like 4 runs with Twice Enchanted, could take a dozen).
Eventually a better amulet.
Some people in this guide are running Three Dragons instead of rare helmet for freezing, up to you. You would need STR on the new rings to switch out and damage/HP/res loss from losing the enchanted helm.
Add Vaal RF for boss nuke.

All of that together should be something like double damage, plus a bit more life/chaos res. Not much help on the tankiness department, but normal problem with end game mines.. kill or be killed. I'm at 9.6k ES and still get nuked from time to time with certain map rolls like 200% extra ele plus crit.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jan 16, 2020, 5:52:43 PM
So if scepters arę nerfed, what is the best weapon to use? I saw 2x wands on PoB and tried to buy some simmilar. Tremor Rod is still better option.
With Kaom, should I use normal jewels with %hp or abyss with flat? Can't check rn.

Also, am I doing something wrong, but PoB showing me much higher damage with lightning pene than even empower 4.
Last edited by DamianTaps on Jan 17, 2020, 8:45:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info