[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

The tree itself is fairly basic: 2 Voices, at least 2-3 Heraldy + PH, rest Endbringer + PH. If you go even further with mana reduction you can throw in the Purity auras for 90% ele res, but I didn't want to.

SOMEWHAT got there in the end. lots of cleaning up to do still (Couldn't find 5 passive clusters sometimes and had to go with 6. Will change that when I can)

How would I go about adding in the purity auras? That sounds fun to have 90% res on all but I'm not sure on how to fit it in and was wondering how you'd go about it if you did. Would I lose out on a lot of damage?

Was also talking to people in global chat and they asked why I changed to voices as a miner... Didn't know how to reply and wanted to ask you WHY did you decide to change to voices? Genuinely curious as I'm obviously just following your steps in the build. Love the build btw.

Someone mentioned miners have more than enough damage / sustain to do all content, would it have been fine to stick with the 6l tremor / kaom's? (on the other hand though... Haven't had this much fun ever doing my first LL build as well as Ball lightning which is what I've alwaya wanted to use)
"
TheWatermelon wrote:
Someone mentioned miners have more than enough damage / sustain to do all content, would it have been fine to stick with the 6l tremor / kaom's? (on the other hand though... Haven't had this much fun ever doing my first LL build as well as Ball lightning which is what I've alwaya wanted to use)

Wall of text incoming.

The only way to work-in the Purities would be to sacrifice a lot of damage, get more 1% reserved jewels, annoint less mana reserved, more Heraldry instead of Endbringer, more expensive helm/amulet/shield with less mana reserved etc. You'd either have to give-up the wand that has our sources of leech, frenzy charges, and Wave of Conviction.. or you'd have to give-up some damage auras to free-up resource to reserve with.

It is more damage and ES. It is the only way to push miner.. or pretty much any spell-based build even further. If I didn't invest it, I'd have like 50-60 ex with nothing to spend on except maybe a new character and I don't like the Delirium go-go-go playstyle enough to make another character. Like I said, Guardian would probably be better, just I didn't want to follow whatever everyone else was doing exactly the same way. Once you have all the gear, you can pretty much slap it on another spell-based Guardian character with most spells and see the damage go crazy. I just wanted to see peak miner before it got nerfed I guess.

Miner's have a pretty common progression tier. I consider MoM the lowest tier and usually skip it, but it is a good starting place for very very new players or SSF. It will take you to red maps, but going to get pretty squishy and it is not optimized at all. Next would be Kaom's + Tremor which adds a ton of tankiness and all of that regen now affects 6k+ HP instead of 3-4k HP. I also skip that, but I usually play league start when items like that are still fairly expensive. 6L Tremor + Kaom's was like 3-4 ex when I switched to LL. I know a few people that use this build and do all their challenges and stuff with it.. it does fine, just again.. not optimized. I did a PoB comparison with someone who had like 50 ex worth of gear on a life-based miner to my 10-20 ex LL miner and mine was still up by a bit, plus more eHP.

And then lastly is the LL miner. Highest eHP possible for miner, highest damage possible for miner, and adds up some nice other perks like ES leech, cannot be stunned, more chaos res, etc. And that was until this league that added the Herald tier miner.. which will 100% become nearly unusable next league for us. So enjoy it while you can :)
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

The only way to work-in the Purities would be to sacrifice a lot of damage, get more 1% reserved jewels, annoint less mana reserved, more Heraldry instead of Endbringer, more expensive helm/amulet/shield with less mana reserved etc. You'd either have to give-up the wand that has our sources of leech, frenzy charges, and Wave of Conviction.. or you'd have to give-up some damage auras to free-up resource to reserve with.

Ah right okay! Thanks for the explanation (: Guess I wont go with the purities. love seeing the damage go crazy high. I've only gotten miners into the 'late game' (red maps) so it's definitely been crazy fun pushing miners to the limits.

Now I'm just looking to clean everything up with the clusters and improve on my gear. Someone also suggested for me to swap to guardian and that going voices on this miner was a 'waste of money and time' but I really enjoy this miner gameplay and you really helped me on progressing the end game. Just killed Sirus for the first time and I'm finally feeling like I've gone super deep into endgame now
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Ah right okay! Thanks for the explanation (: Guess I wont go with the purities. love seeing the damage go crazy high. I've only gotten miners into the 'late game' (red maps) so it's definitely been crazy fun pushing miners to the limits.

Now I'm just looking to clean everything up with the clusters and improve on my gear. Someone also suggested for me to swap to guardian and that going voices on this miner was a 'waste of money and time' but I really enjoy this miner gameplay and you really helped me on progressing the end game. Just killed Sirus for the first time and I'm finally feeling like I've gone super deep into endgame now
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Highest eHP possible for miner, highest damage possible for miner, and adds up some nice other perks like ES leech, cannot be stunned, more chaos res, etc. And that was until this league that added the Herald tier miner.. which will 100% become nearly unusable next league for us. So enjoy it while you can :)

So with those nerfs to Purposeful Harbinger.. Wondering if I should sell the clusters / voices while they're still priced this high or does it still do more than the previous tree as a maxed out LL miner?
"
TheWatermelon wrote:
So with those nerfs to Purposeful Harbinger.. Wondering if I should sell the clusters / voices while they're still priced this high or does it still do more than the previous tree as a maxed out LL miner?

Any further nerfs to PH won't be until next league when all of the stuff in current league gets moved to Standard. I don't play Standard, so I can't help you on prices there if that is what you're asking. I've seen some weird common stuff sell for 40x their value with legacy stuff 100000x their current value.

I was just implying that LL was the strongest miner until this league, and then Herald-stacking LL miner this league. Next league, there is a high chance that LL miner will be on-top again, but just stacking various other miner/ES clusters for optimization. How that will affect market prices.. we won't know until they announce the PH nerfs. On another note, if Delirium goes core, that means it will be less frequent with Simulacrum possibly even less common. So cluster jewels in general might be even more expensive. Probably less for the Herald stacking as the nerfs will make it less desired, but probably more for the cheapest Voices.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Apr 12, 2020, 6:58:46 PM
"
ImpureFeeling wrote:
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
ImpureFeeling wrote:
Anyways, thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it, good luck and have fun !

Are you familiar with using PoB? You're missing a handful of things like the CWDT set-ups and still have some redundant points. And missing your 3rd lab which should be pretty nice throwing speed and damage.

As you're still fairly new, I'd go with the Tremor/Kaom's set-up. Should cost around 100c, just be careful with the Tremor Rod as some people like to scam and try to swap in a 5L. I go dual weapon set-up as I know how to make some currency and made quite a bit this league. If you stick with this league longer and get around 8-10 ex (over 1k chaos), we can revisit low life with ES. But fair warning.. it will require some work. My brain melted for a few days as I forced ES knowledge into my brain.

Extra point around Successful Detonations.
Extra point after jewel socket above Blood Drinker.
Save 4 points skipping Saboteur and Elemental Focus.
Save some more points bypassing the start and going around, just taking the needed Assassination, Trickery, and life.
With all of those points, you can look into a Medium Cluster Jewel with Surprise Sabotage, Guerilla Tactics, jewel socket, and at most 4-5 passive (6 wastes a skill point). With the extra jewel socket, you can get a smaller cluster for more life.
Then remaining points to get Devotion and later Arcane Will and more HP.
Check the PoB for CWDT set-up.
If you want to use Flame Dash, link it with Faster Casting, Arcane Surge (level 7), and Second Wind.
Add Vaal RF to empty socket, use only the Vaal RF (not regular RF) for burst damage.
Replace 2 Heralds with Wrath, should be more damage.

And then remaining currency to get better stuff like Conductivity ring, better amulet annointed with Counterweight, boots with better movement speed and res (lab enchanted yourself will be cheaper but more time consuming), etc.

Thank you so much for all your help ! I managed to fix my build and got a tremor/kaom setup and now I'm at 5.5k life, and easily doing 9-10 tier maps, I guess all that's left now is to farm enough chaos/exalted orbs to transition into LL to be able to output more damage and get further into the endgame !

Hi, thank you for all your help, I followed your tips as close as I could, now I have about a 50 chaos orbs and 1 exalted, I was wondering how could I increase my dps as I seems to struggle a bit with some of the T11 map bosses, I seems to lack a bit of mana aswell, which items should I change in order to keep progressing? Or should I stick with what I've got and keep on farming until I can change into LL? Thank you again for all you time and tips, they sure have helped me reach where I am atm. I almost have all 4 exiles beaten with 3 of them 3 socketed and Veritania still missing, and I can't wait to have my first try at Sirus. Thank you again and goodluck and have fun !
Hello. I want to ask about this build. Last league I played with Cyclone Slayer, dual wielding. Now I want to try out something new and I noticed this build. I want to ask is it updated because I see "This section is outdated" in "Gear" section. I'm not sure about that. Also I can't decide should I choose Selfcast Arc or Mines. I know that there are tons of mines type but I'm kinda afraid I'm too big newbie to change from Arc Mines to other due to other links, skill tree etc. Not sure what should I think about it. Can anybody help me with my questions? Would really appreciate it
Last edited by Niyaki_ on Apr 13, 2020, 4:48:39 AM

Haha, no problem. If you get another 15-20ex, I can teach you how to work in the Herald cluster jewels. I just switched to them last night (still using all LL gear, just a bit more optimized for res/attributes for more skill points) and it basically tripled my DPS and added another 2k ES.

Hi Sir can you throw pob at me to check out your damage thinking of going your route with cluster jewels thx you
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
ImpureFeeling wrote:
I can't wait to have my first try at Sirus. Thank you again and goodluck and have fun !

Enlighten 3 on auras to free-up more mana if you need it. They are like 20-30c for bricked ones.
I think you misunderstood on the ring. There are rings that have conductivity on hit on them. This one's a bit expensive, but you get the idea and just roll res/life as needed on it:

Buy better boots and right ring with more res (relieves Unset ring).
Farm lab for new boot enchant, flat lightning is best, but penetration and crit are not terrible.
Flasks are off, check the PoB again. You want faster/more duration Quicksilver, mana with enduring, and then you want bleeding on flask and curses on Mana. Enduring Curses Mana flask means you stay immune which is nice for maps. Then you can replace Quartz flask for 14-15% elemental Atziri flask for more damage and chaos res.
Inertia is only adding 30 STR for 2 points. Get more STR on rings to help relieve it so you can get damage and life jewel there.
Abyss jewel in belt is really bad. Only adds 14 lightning res. And I think your gloves might have an open suffix for lightning res craft.

I'll be honest with you, based off our interactions so far, you're not ready for LL until you get more knowledge in POE. I would focus on learning to optimize gear and how to make currency before trying to learn LL. Sorry to put in bluntly, but I don't want you to try to switch and then end-up with 5k ES and uncapped res.

PS: If you have never seen Veritania (IE, have 0 green watchstones), it means you need haven't fought her in her starting corner region.

"
Arc Mines to other due to other links, skill tree etc. Not sure what should I think about it. Can anybody help me with my questions? Would really appreciate it

https://pastebin.com/sN4KtnRc

This is my PoB starter for newer players for Ball Lightning budget mines. 6k life, dodge, and will take you to red maps with 2-3 ex investment. Arc mines are kinda meh for me because single target is bad and Delirium adds so many mobs you lose a lot of damage clearing. The PoB includes a ton of information and is a good starting place. If you are ready for LL with 10-15 ex, I've got a LL PoB to switch over to as well.

"
dragnmith1 wrote:
Hi Sir can you throw pob at me to check out your damage thinking of going your route with cluster jewels thx you

This is my current PoB for Delirium Herald abusing miner. Refer to it and not my characters as my miner will be transferred to a new char soon. If you have questions, let me know.

https://pastebin.com/mS5N3FNE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info