[3.10] Beginner Friendly Arc/Ice Spear Mines | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Riveisdead wrote:
Hey, It would be nice if you can update POB setup, for gems , Tree , and gear, etc , actually im trying to continue with this guide with ball lightning instead pyroclast , but not sure if im doing fine


You're welcome to import my miner for comparison. The big difference betweens being I don't use staff and I took some cluster jewels. I swap Slower Projectiles and Hypothermia depending on if I'm speed clearing.

Set-up looks mostly fine. I'd just swap in a curse flask if you don't have one already and crit flask over Sulphur. I'd probably use Conductivity ring over Malachai's too. You're also missing 2 or 4 passives if you took Alira or not.
Could anyone help me out im really struggling with single target dmg im using ice spear atm

https://pastebin.com/ReYDd03e this is my gear atm
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
Riveisdead wrote:
Hey, It would be nice if you can update POB setup, for gems , Tree , and gear, etc , actually im trying to continue with this guide with ball lightning instead pyroclast , but not sure if im doing fine


You're welcome to import my miner for comparison. The big difference betweens being I don't use staff and I took some cluster jewels. I swap Slower Projectiles and Hypothermia depending on if I'm speed clearing.

Set-up looks mostly fine. I'd just swap in a curse flask if you don't have one already and crit flask over Sulphur. I'd probably use Conductivity ring over Malachai's too. You're also missing 2 or 4 passives if you took Alira or not.


Thank you so much ! I was also struggling a bit with the flask set up, I just hit maps and I was wondering how should I keep going with the progression of my gear, I'll try to farm and get similar items ! Thanks again !
Hey I was wondering if anyone could check out my build (Character is Arc_Shadowo)to see what to upgrade/change up next.

I'm at yellow maps right now but I feel like I'm doing too little damage, I'm not sure what to upgrade in terms of gear or what to change up right now.

Unfortunately only got about 2ex so i'm kind of just farming currency, but not sure towards what
Hit level 93, Awakener level 6, LL Ball Miner is still pretty beefy. Was tempted to work in some of the broken Herald cluster jewels, but will wait for the nerf notes to see what happens. Sitting on like 35 ex with nothing I want to upgrade and a broken trade site :/

Tips for this league:
1. Don't get too reckless with Delirium. Miners are squishy enough, and even my 8.5k ES disappears extremely quickly if I don't pay attention.
2. Some pretty nice cluster jewels to work in. I'm sticking with Surprising Sabotage, Guerilla Tactics, and a jewel socket for more life (or Energy From Naught with LL). I want to work in a 2nd cluster jewel, but still debating where to take out damage. With life being easier to work in with small cluster jewels, more reason for me to not play with MoM. I had like 5.2k HP before switching to LL, and that was without Kaom's.
3. Prepare to kite a lot in high Delirious maps. Even with all of my damage, I was tickling everything while regular mobs would die instantly. I bricked 2 100% Kosis fights because I couldn't kill/juke him fast enough (first one he was tormented and had endurance charges for days).

"
THEarmisLT wrote:
Could anyone help me out im really struggling with single target dmg im using ice spear atm

https://pastebin.com/ReYDd03e this is my gear atm


Stopped checking for a few days. I see you've changed a good bit of stuff since the pastebin. Do you still need help or are you re-rolling?

"
ImpureFeeling wrote:
Thank you so much ! I was also struggling a bit with the flask set up, I just hit maps and I was wondering how should I keep going with the progression of my gear, I'll try to farm and get similar items ! Thanks again !


Your characters are hidden. Can't help you until you go into privacy settings and unhide characters tab. I've upgraded to a late-game version of the build, so don't import my character now or you might be VERY confused. I made what I would recommend for a miner build in the pastebin below if you want to refer to it.

"
TheWatermelon wrote:
Unfortunately only got about 2ex so i'm kind of just farming currency, but not sure towards what


https://pastebin.com/JDkiA1vw

This will give you something to work towards. I made quite a few changes, but should be around 3-4 ex total if I did math right, not including 6L Tremor (so pick and choose as you save up the last ex and whatever 6L Tremor is worth.. probably cheaper than fusing it yourself).

Some highlights that I remember off the top of my head:
Try using Ball Lightning instead of dual set-up, will allow for Kaom's chest. With a re-work out of Loreweave and a few other things, easily reach over 6k HP. Fairly big passive re-work, but I calculated exactly to how many you have. Slower Projectiles for stuff you kill slow with Hypothermia as a swap for speed clearing.
Replace Worm with a curse on hit ring, need STR too probably for Kaom's. With the new set-up, you can reserve most of your mana with Wrath or Zealotry, Skitterbots, and either low level Precision or Clarity.
More damage on amulet + Counterweight annoint if you want to stick to Tremor. Possibly some good amulets already annointed from people switching out of their Tremor ball miners.
Upgrade jewels. I saw a few days ago like 10 lightning, projectile, and life jewels for 5-10c. Alternative is abyss jewels which can add some nice flat damage and look for at least 1 or 2 with good cold damage for chilling/freezing.
Uber lab enchant on boots, flat lightning is probably best with crit chance and dmg pen as secondary options.
I replaced totem set-up with a 2nd CWDT set-up which allow you to passively leech when you take damage (just unsocket that CWDT when you are doing ele reflect maps).

If you have any questions on that set-up, let me know. You can easily use that set-up into red maps and then either fine-tune stuff for more damage like 21/20 skills and other stuff, or I can help you switch to LL that will cost around 8-10 ex, but increase damage and "life" by a lot.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Mar 30, 2020, 8:53:20 PM
"
ImpureFeeling wrote:
Thank you so much ! I was also struggling a bit with the flask set up, I just hit maps and I was wondering how should I keep going with the progression of my gear, I'll try to farm and get similar items ! Thanks again !


"
blackdeath101 wrote:
Your characters are hidden. Can't help you until you go into privacy settings and unhide characters tab. I've upgraded to a late-game version of the build, so don't import my character now or you might be VERY confused. I made what I would recommend for a miner build in the pastebin below if you want to refer to it.



I didn't know about that, thank you for letting me know, I already unchecked the hide characters options, would you mind giving me a hand about how should I go about progression next gearwise? Also I've been using arc for mobs and pyroclast for single target as the guide says but I'm seeing it's not the best combo. Thank you so much in advance for all you time. GL and HF !
Last edited by ImpureFeeling on Mar 30, 2020, 9:14:23 PM
"
ImpureFeeling wrote:
I didn't know about that, thank you for letting me know, I already unchecked the hide characters options, would you mind giving me a hand about how should I go about progression next gearwise? Also I've been using arc for mobs and pyroclast for single target as the guide says but I'm seeing it's not the best combo. Thank you so much in advance for all you time. GL and HF !


Pyroclast is probably still strong, but I prefer more of the 1-skill set-up and Ball Lightning does that for me. I can nuke bosses and clear Delirium with it. And especially when I'm overgeared, speed clearing with Hypothermia instead of slow for maps that don't suck like Cells, it is nice killing stuff off-screen or behind me as I keep progressing. And Kaom's will add a lot more survival than MoM. And by no longer using MoM's, you can reserve your mana for damage auras.

I'd still work towards that PoB I posted when you can afford it. Also, I think you took kill all instead of Alira unless you have 1 point unused. If you did kill all, Google the recipe to switch to Alira for some mana regen, crit multi, and all res. And then check /passives if you missed a passive from quests.

You've got quite a few redundant points, so yea.. just follow that POB if you want my opinion on where to build and should give you lots of tips. Diamond flask, Atziri's flasks, more jewels, secondary set-ups, etc. Can upgrade to a 6L life/res armor for like 15-20c which you can use until Kaom's + 6L Tremor.

My personal preference with miner for the last 2 leagues is 6L armor and dual wand. Last league and this league, switching to LL was so nice, but you have to save a good 8-10 ex which is more than most people can afford and requires a good bit of pre-planning and pre-gearing. I helped a lot of people convert to LL and have not had any complaints from people that did with the even more damage/survival that comes with it. And opens the door for more gear progression than life-based miners will allow.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
Hit level 93, Awakener level 6, LL Ball

https://pastebin.com/JDkiA1vw

This will give you something to work towards. I made quite a few changes, but should be around 3-4 ex total if I did math right, not including 6L Tremor (so pick and choose as you save up the last ex and whatever 6L Tremor is worth.. probably cheaper than fusing it yourself).

Some highlights that I remember off the top of my head:
Try using Ball Lightning instead of dual set-up, will allow for Kaom's chest. With a re-work out of Loreweave and a few other things, easily reach over 6k HP. Fairly big passive re-work, but I calculated exactly to how many you have. Slower Projectiles for stuff you kill slow with Hypothermia as a swap for speed clearing.
Replace Worm with a curse on hit ring, need STR too probably for Kaom's. With the new set-up, you can reserve most of your mana with Wrath or Zealotry, Skitterbots, and either low level Precision or Clarity.
More damage on amulet + Counterweight annoint if you want to stick to Tremor. Possibly some good amulets already annointed from people switching out of their Tremor ball miners.
Upgrade jewels. I saw a few days ago like 10 lightning, projectile, and life jewels for 5-10c. Alternative is abyss jewels which can add some nice flat damage and look for at least 1 or 2 with good cold damage for chilling/freezing.
Uber lab enchant on boots, flat lightning is probably best with crit chance and dmg pen as secondary options.
I replaced totem set-up with a 2nd CWDT set-up which allow you to passively leech when you take damage (just unsocket that CWDT when you are doing ele reflect maps).

If you have any questions on that set-up, let me know. You can easily use that set-up into red maps and then either fine-tune stuff for more damage like 21/20 skills and other stuff, or I can help you switch to LL that will cost around 8-10 ex, but increase damage and "life" by a lot.


Thank you so much for the tips! I'll be sure to work on these ahead and hopefully head into red maps for my first time ever, super helpful!
"
blackdeath101 wrote:


If you have any questions on that set-up, let me know. You can easily use that set-up into red maps and then either fine-tune stuff for more damage like 21/20 skills and other stuff, or I can help you switch to LL that will cost around 8-10 ex, but increase damage and "life" by a lot.


Fortunately right after I posted this, I found a Doctor Div card and sold that for 18ex, What was this LL build you were talking about? I'm happy to spend the 18ex to make this character reach into the end game.

Also what's LL? Should I start gearing towards what you showed me now or is this LL build a different type of gearing and I'm going to swap out everything?
"
TheWatermelon wrote:
Also what's LL? Should I start gearing towards what you showed me now or is this LL build a different type of gearing and I'm going to swap out everything?


Grats! LL is Low Life. You reserve your life with auras down to less than 30% unreserved to also pick up Pain Attunement for added MORE damage. There's quite a few variations and you need to change pretty much all of your gear and passives to make it work. Usually I see an increase in DPS by about 2-3x when switching to LL from life variants.

Here's a Pastebin to get you started for my current LL character:
https://pastebin.com/F4PjDEqY

I am heading to work now and can try to edit in more information later tonight.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Apr 2, 2020, 9:07:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info