[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

My quick review of 3.10 patch notes with mines:

Some pretty strong cluster jewels possibilities for mines depending on the minor points that go to it. And since pretty much every miner takes Volatile Mines, we have an accessible jewel there (the one near Minion Instability is better for LL miners). I prefer Minefield, so mostly Surprising Sabotage, Guerilla Tactics, and maybe some of the non-mine nodes for ES or life. +100 ES notable is 500 max ES for my LL miner.
Base mine throwing speed increased by 0.05 seconds.
Precision nerfed by 20% crit at level 1, so will be debatable on leveling it or skipping it for other stuff.
Pyroclast mine lost a lot of extra projectiles and +2 enchant.
A lot of early game cheap Temple upgrades got nerfed. My LL miner lost a few hundred ES from jewelry ES % mods.
Enduring Mana flask got nerfed (shocked). Faster, less recovered, and no longer queues in succession. So for people like me that spammed mana pot, be a bit more cautious.
A bunch of changes to higher end crafting and fossil crafting which may influence trade prices.

And with the changes to Crown of Eyes and wand attacks, I'm probably going to level as a wander into wander miner and then switch out to Ball Miner if it sucks too much. Was thinking about Elemental stacking, but physical conversion might be the play with some of the other stuff they changed. Market might be too difficult though with so many people wanting to play wander >.<

"
Mrtnlegenden wrote:
Would glacial cascade work as a substitute for Ice spear on single target?

I used GC as both single and AoE skill. You have to give up 1-2 jewel slots for GC conversion jewels and it clears perfectly fine. If you want other options for Ice Spear, try Ball Lightning. Pyroclast probably still good, but I'm not a fan and not sure after nerf.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Mar 11, 2020, 4:46:09 PM
Is there a plan to update this to 3.10? There don't appear to be significant changes, so I plan to run this anyway, but it would be nice for someone who knows what they're doing to update this.
I'll most likely do a separate, updated version with more focus on pushing towards LL towards end-game. As for 3.10, read my comments above for the changes and apply them to how you play this build.

Pyroclast is probably the biggest one and I've heard from a few people that really liked Pyro that the nerf numbers will kill it for them (too much math for me and I don't like the skill). Rest of the changes are mostly minor nerfs with the exception of end-game crafting and cluster jewels. Fossils I'm not sure about, and cluster jewels are going to be incredibly hard to suggest until we see how common and how good the minor points are. Without seeing the mechanic, you might get some really nice notables, but like chaos damage or bow damage on the minors, which makes it pretty bad compared to regular passives. Likewise there could be some really strong defensive cluster jewels too that give no to minor damage and cause for re-routing on tree. Just have to wait and see how that plays out.
So I just started the league with this, but I am not sure what to pick for single target.
If Ice Spear, what 4/5l should I go for?
What are you guys picking for single target, now that all skills are revealed?

windz recommended me Ball Lightning. I'll look into that to start with.
Last edited by Musachan on Mar 13, 2020, 9:56:48 PM
Wand or sceptres? And how to craft them, which mods?
Any news on whether this guide is going to be updated to 3.10? with the changes to the pyro, etc?

I'm trying to replace the pyro with ball lightning but I don't know if I'm using the support gems correctly
"
Musachan wrote:
windz recommended me Ball Lightning. I'll look into that to start with.

Ball Lightning for me again. Kinetic Bolt mines too gear restrictive, clearing into yellow maps already with some random Delirium rips with 4.7k hp. Still 1-shotting metamorphs with about 1-2 exalt investment (60c for 6L uncorrupted rare armor on day 2).

"
virtlexD wrote:
Wand or sceptres? And how to craft them, which mods?

Either one for me. Some people say wands are superior, but last league the scepter I used as LL with trigger craft was under an exalt and and cheapest wand that did more dmg in PoB was 3-4 ex.

I never got into crafting much after the multimod nerf. I just put in all of my desirable mods and hope stuff comes up eventually. How I got my 2 current wands. Especially as people switch out of their league starts and all of the good non-wander wands that people are rolling.

"
Riveisdead wrote:
Any news on whether this guide is going to be updated to 3.10? with the changes to the pyro, etc?

I'm trying to replace the pyro with ball lightning but I don't know if I'm using the support gems correctly

OP hasn't made any Delirium characters last I checked, not sure if they are taking a break or what. Scroll up for my 3.10 review. You can use my character as a guideline, I skipped MoM and the Throatseeker path for extra jewels and cluster jewels. Probably put another life jewel in small cluster slot for over 5k hp at level 90.. if I get there after all the off-screen and after death explosions.

I personally use Minefield over Charged mines, but to each their own. Elemental Focus vs Added Lightning is debatable I'd say. Since you're running Tremor without Kaom's, Ele Focus probably better. But Added Lightning better for me so I can shock/freeze/burn mobs as I clear.

You may also want to add a CWDT life leech set-up like I'm using. Makes all of the high and frequent damage Delirium mobs more doable with life leech on top of our high regen.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Mar 16, 2020, 3:16:47 PM
Quick update for 3.10

let me know if I missed anything huge
"
AnActualHorn wrote:
Quick update for 3.10

let me know if I missed anything huge

Hey, It would be nice if you can update POB setup, for gems , Tree , and gear, etc , actually im trying to continue with this guide with ball lightning instead pyroclast , but not sure if im doing fine
"
Riveisdead wrote:
Hey, It would be nice if you can update POB setup, for gems , Tree , and gear, etc , actually im trying to continue with this guide with ball lightning instead pyroclast , but not sure if im doing fine

You're welcome to import my miner for comparison. The big difference betweens being I don't use staff and I took some cluster jewels. I swap Slower Projectiles and Hypothermia depending on if I'm speed clearing.

Set-up looks mostly fine. I'd just swap in a curse flask if you don't have one already and crit flask over Sulphur. I'd probably use Conductivity ring over Malachai's too. You're also missing 2 or 4 passives if you took Alira or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info