[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

Can someone help me with my gear?. I don't know what to upgrade, everybody uses different gems and different items so i'm quite lost.

I always get 1 shotted t14-16 maps when alot of monsters spawn. or by the boss,my dps isnt trash but my survability is

also the only gems i actually use are the ones in my staff,boots and gloves + precision from my helmet
"
Sabbea wrote:
So did your original curse on hit set up not work? I'm playing SSF and have had no luck finding a Conductivity or Flammability curse on hit ring in delve yet. I wanted to try a curse on hit set up with the gem but was under the impression it wouldn't work with arc or pyroclast mines.

Spell of choice (not mines) + Curse on Hit + curse still works. Orb of Storms or Storm Brand are usually the most popular. Frost Bomb can be good for cold variants and what I was using until I got the ring, but tricky to use as it only curses on explosion. You would just use that skill to curse the tanky stuff and resume laying mines. Manually cursing works too, but I can't remember the last time I used a manual curse link.

"
Njaku wrote:
Can someone help me with my gear?. I don't know what to upgrade, everybody uses different gems and different items so i'm quite lost.

also the only gems i actually use are the ones in my staff,boots and gloves + precision from my helmet

21 Vaal Arc (no quality needed), 15c.
I would use Controlled Destruction over Elemental Focus. Being able to proc elemental ailments is nice with Explosives Expert.
Vendor support gems with GCP to get 20 quality for extra damage (less damage until they get leveled back up).
Replace helm links with CWDT, Life Leech, Desecrate, and Volatile Dead set-up for extra life gain when you take damage. Levels depends on how often you want it to proc.
More life on left ring and switch to fire and cold dmg craft for Explosives Expert procs. Replace right ring with another life/res/dmg ring.
Get better lab enchanted boots or run it yourself. Flat dmg, crit on no crit, or ele pen all add quite a bit of damage.
Upgrade amulet. No annoint and more life, can get more damage with Counterweight or dmg/defense with Destructive Apparatus.
Upgrade flasks. You have no freeze removal or curse removal on flasks. Movement speed on both diamond and extra on Quicksilver does not stack.
Something like these will help:

If you're dying to corrupted blood, add bleed removal to life flask.
Since you're only using Arc Mines only, replace Loreweave with Kaom's. Way more defense and regen, just a bit slower for bosses.
Replace Whispering Stare jewel to add 1-2 better damage mods than crit chance.
Missing a passive points from the 10 acts, /passives in-game to find the missing quest.
Remove 1 crit point from Successful Detonations wheel, remove 4 points for Elemental Focus and Saboteur. 6 points towards Phase Acrobatics.
Remove Mystic Bulwark and the jewel below, switch to cross over from Heartseeker, complete Throatseeker, Phase Acrobatics, and the 2-point jewel above Blood Drinker.

Net gain more life, damage, dodge chance, and life leech.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jan 18, 2020, 2:12:18 PM
Hello,

I am new to the game and i tried to follow this guide step by step.
Which was a succes i guess since i'm lvl 93 and enoying the game a lot !

I can do T16 map but i get one shoted some times and it's really hard to do bosses without dying but T14 and under are a piece of cake.

I'm doing blighted map, T1 to T12, and i'm struggling above.

I'm at depth 200 in mine and farming seems pretty easy.

Anyway i farmed and i got some exalted to use, i want to upgrade my stuff.

Can you help me ?

Here is my path of build code if it can help : https://pastebin.com/iVT0tRpD

[EDIT : i have just tried the set up of blackdeath101 but my original build is the one you can see on the path of build link]

Thanks a lot for this guide !!
Helped me a lot and i'm really enjoing the game !
Last edited by Phadren on Jan 18, 2020, 5:07:16 PM
thanks alot, i'll work on all of that!
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

More life on left ring and switch to fire and cold dmg craft for Explosives Expert procs. Replace right ring with another life/res/dmg ring.

i don't understand. Theres fire damage but no cold damage on my left ring. Also what's explosive expert procs for the ring?

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Since you're only using Arc Mines only, replace Loreweave with Kaom's. Way more defense and regen, just a bit slower for bosses.

I dont have enough str for kaom, i presume i gotta make sure i get some str attribute in the list of equips you've suggested?
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Missing a passive points from the 10 acts, /passives in-game to find the missing quest.

The only ''0'' i see is (0 from deal with the bandits). I also have a point i have not allocated yet, maybe that's it?

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Replace Whispering Stare jewel to add 1-2 better damage mods than crit chance.

"
blackdeath101 wrote:
Remove Mystic Bulwark and the jewel below

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Remove 1 crit point from Successful Detonations wheel, remove 4 points for Elemental Focus and Saboteur. 6 points towards Phase Acrobatics.
Remove Mystic Bulwark and the jewel below, switch to cross over from Heartseeker, complete Throatseeker, Phase Acrobatics, and the 2-point jewel above Blood Drinker.

Net gain more life, damage, dodge chance, and life leech.

with lvl 21 vaal arc, at what moment do i use the vaal arc?

thanks alot i'll apply all of this now

EDIT: so i made a couple changes so far, i now have a kaom heart and changed my rings and gloves. The problem is that since i dont have the unset ring equipped, i have a total of 97 mana i can use. How do i fix this?
Last edited by Njaku on Jan 18, 2020, 6:06:33 PM
What are the best gems for 6-link Tremor Rod to support Arc, the single target dps is awful since switching
(havent' found the strength to equip Kaom's yet)
I using Arc>trap and mine damage>controlled destruction>inspiration>lightning pene and sixth will be awakened lightning damage. Using three dragons for freeze btw.
Last edited by DamianTaps on Jan 18, 2020, 9:33:58 PM
"
Phadren wrote:
Here is my path of build code if it can help : https://pastebin.com/iVT0tRpD

[EDIT : i have just tried the set up of blackdeath101 but my original build is the one you can see on the path of build link]

Yea, my variation of the build is a bit expensive to play.. not recommended until you have several exalts to spare, but pretty nice when everything is going. Over 9k ES and way more damage.

21 Vaal Arc, no quality needed.
Try Trap and Mine and Hypothermia instead of Added Cold and Charged Mines.
Replace Essence Worm and Zealotry with another life/res/dmg ring.
Remove 1 crit point from Successful Detonations wheel, remove 4 points for Elemental Focus and Saboteur (move 1 to keep Assassination).
5 points to branch over between Prodigal Perfection and Throatseeker and complete Throatseeker.
Remove 3 for Bulwark and 3 points between Deep Wisdom and Pain Attunement. 6 points for 3 2-point jewels. Life and 2-3 dmg mods each for 5-30c each.
Better amulet with annointment, has no damage.
Replace Lavianga with enduring mana flask with chill immunity.
Get STR on new amulet and ring to replace Loreweave with Kaom's and turn off MoM.

"
Njaku wrote:
EDIT: so i made a couple changes so far, i now have a kaom heart and changed my rings and gloves. The problem is that since i dont have the unset ring equipped, i have a total of 97 mana i can use. How do i fix this?

I'm saying to switch the craft to fire/cold damage. Explosives Expert is your ascendancy that gives you more damage against burning, chilled, or shocked enemies. Lightning is free with Arc that doesn't have Elemental Focus, but having a bit of cold/fire helps to ignite/chill until Skitterbots chills.
Unallocated was the issue, can't see that.
Vaal Arc has a pretty quick return. It has 2 effects, massive chaining effect and gives you a buff that makes Arc damage Lucky (roll twice, does the higher amount). Use it for Legion and at the start of Meta bosses to maximize burst damage. You can use it whenever during the map for clearing, but don't use it towards the end of the map so you have a charge ready.
You should only have level 1 Precision and Skitterbots running. Take off Zealotry, no longer used without Essence. You can add in a lower Clarity if you need more mana regen.

"
dark_nebula wrote:
What are the best gems for 6-link Tremor Rod to support Arc, the single target dps is awful since switching
(havent' found the strength to equip Kaom's yet)

Very subjective depending on gear and how you play Arc. I have quite a bit of penetration, so Lightning Penetration is bad for me.
If I switched to Tremor, this would be my set-up:
Arc, Controlled Destruction, Trap & Mine, Minefield, Hypothermia (must be using Skitter and enough flat cold to reliably proc chill) otherwise Added Lightning, and Inspiration.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

I'm saying to switch the craft to fire/cold damage. Explosives Expert is your ascendancy that gives you more damage against burning, chilled, or shocked enemies.

my new rings are

you're telling me that i should remove ''add to lightning damage''? how do you remove it while keeping the other element untouched?

"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Vaal Arc has a pretty quick return. It has 2 effects, massive chaining effect and gives you a buff that makes Arc damage Lucky (roll twice, does the higher amount). Use it for Legion and at the start of Meta bosses to maximize burst damage. You can use it whenever during the map for clearing, but don't use it towards the end of the map so you have a charge ready.

i was wondering was i was supposed to do with vaal arc, thanks
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

You should only have level 1 Precision and Skitterbots running. Take off Zealotry, no longer used without Essence. You can add in a lower Clarity if you need more mana regen.

i thought the higher the gem the better it was ? Skitterbots instead of zealotry? doesnt zealotry add more dps or is it for some other skitterbots effect? So i should replace my zealotry with clarity then?

"
Njaku wrote:
i thought the higher the gem the better it was ? Skitterbots instead of zealotry? doesnt zealotry add more dps or is it for some other skitterbots effect? So i should replace my zealotry with clarity then?

There is a ring craft that is identical to the one you have both rings, but instead of both "add to cold/lightning damage", it is both "add to cold/fire damage". If you don't have it yet, then stay with what you have. It only adds 30% crit multi against burning enemies, so it is not critical.

Level of aura gems is usually always better at higher levels, but Precision and Clarity are 2 of the subjective ones. They reserve more mana the higher level they are.
Precision 1 - 40% crit chance and some accuracy that doesn't matter, 22 mana.
Precision 20 - 59% crit chance and some more accuracy that doesn't matter, 186 mana.
Thus, level 1 is better for the mana it reserves. Clarity is similar in that it gives a lot more mana regen, but we don't need that much to be effective. Better to keep low to reserve less mana.

So with those 3 auras, it should only reserve 35% for skitterbots + like a flat 22 for Precision and 76 for a level 4 Clarity.

Zealotry is more damage than Skitterbots by itself, but also reserves 15% more mana. However, Skitterbots can pre-shock and chill enemies causing you to get the ascendancy bonus before you apply it, as well a potentially stronger chill effect than what you will get from just flat damage on Arc. It can re-trigger mines for free, but that is usually whatever. There difference is only 40% crit chance and 6% More spell dmg.. so if you want to use Zealotry instead, go for it. 1500 x 0.5 - 22 - 76 = 652 mana left for reserving for mines. Not sure how much mana your mines reserve, but can increase/decrease levels as needed to increase/decrease your unreserved mana.

Also, I noticed your are now not maxed on lightning res. If you're done gearing for now, switch your boot craft to lightning res.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Jan 19, 2020, 4:09:42 AM
@Blackdeath been following your build somewhat..n i had no problem with clearing using Arc but Meta & Boss fight's dont die as quickly as they do when i switch to Ball lighting..was wondering if it made a Big difference between reg arc damage on helm or if arc chains additonal target? at the moment using this setup for Ball n then have other setup for Arc.. was wondering if there is something i should or could change
n gear for Arc
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info