[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Pandaroux wrote:
Any idea of where to go from there ?

(Appart from boots enchants).

I have something like 3ex to invest.
Just made the switch to helm + dual wands, playing with what I can for now.

I die too much, i'm 91 and my XP is stuck at 0.

Gear (but character is visible on my profile) :
Spoiler

I'm playing with the mana flask to regen faster after big hits.

Looking at what you have - you've definitely got a good start going, but at the same time still have a lot of room to improve!

I've played this build for most of this season, though it is my first time playing it. That said, after having some good feedback here myself, and putting a lot of time/effort into getting my gear together I can share some of my experience.

Looking at your gear, you have room to improve on almost every item:

Wands (More Expensive): Ideally you'll want some crit to spells/crit multi to go with the main stats you have already
Hat: Your hat seems really good. You can get # to # to spells on one, but I'd probably be trying to uprade your hat last
Diamond Ring: # to # damage to spells AND Spell Damage % is available on shaper rings
Amulet: Spell Damage %, Crit, Crit Multi, Life are a good place to start here if you can find one.
Boots: You mentioned an enchant - # to # lightning damage when you haven't hit lately (since your mines do the damage, that enchant will always be up) or 10% Ele Penetration.
Belt: You can get fossil crafted belts with Increased Elemental Damage
Gloves: You have a lot of life on yours, but I'd recommend looking into some Fingerless Silk Gloves - You may be able to hit a lucky essence on a pair or just pick some up. They come with a free spell damage boost!
Chest: I really like your loreweave but I'm sure 6-link would be better.

Overall though it seems like you're on the right track!

Some general thoughts I've had and just wanted to share:
Something I have found that I haven't seen mentioned here is in the enchants/jewels though. I've added % mine throwing speed to my hat and amulet, and I have two jewels with it. It makes a HUGE difference for me being able to start a detonation chain then keep throwing mines while they continue to detonate as part of that chain. My damage output feels smoother, and things melt....

And on the topic of chains, it was non-intuitive to realize that I need to just press "Detonate" once and let all my mines detonate, otherwise I was resetting my chain and losing out on a lot of damage!
Greetings Exiles, i'm almost at the same state as Pandaroux, currently dual wands, arc in helm for clear and ball lightning in chest for bosses.

I'm a bit lost and don't understand what to aim for end game : tremor rod with 6L or something else ?

I'm doing T XI maps and it's ok, i think i need more HP.

I also have a big interrogation, i see nowhere mention about chaos res, is there a passive or something i missed ?

ATM i'm looking for a 6L loreweave, i dont' know if this should be my priority.

Thanks a lot for your help.
"
BeeLz wrote:
This is the first non phys/melee char I've played in about 2 years and I'm not sure how to progress. I see these multimod sceptres for a couple of exalts and realize they are better but can't really quantify how much better they are and if I should save up for up for those or focus on a couple of other upgrades first. I've got about 2.5-3 exalts available for upgrades and because I don't really have a feel yet on what's best I would love some input.
I'm doing tier 9-12 maps and clearspeed feels ok, I do feel vulnerable when a lot of mobs suddenly spawn around me and can get into trouble on metamorphs that don't die fast enough. But can't really say it's because of my damage being too low, my survivability being too low or my playstyle.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
-I like Arc clear, Ice spear feels a bit clunky at times so I'm open to changing that for single target.
-Are my flasks good?
-I'm only using zealotry at the moment and use skitterbots on easy content.
-I don't feel like my cwdt-enfeeble-immortal call-phase run is doing much, are there any other/better alternatives?
-Any gems that could be replaced improved?
-For example to me my necklace looks pretty good but because it's been a while since I played and I'm not familiar with this build I have no idea if it actually is as good or if could possibly buy a massive upgrade for -1ex, same for my head, gloves, wand and jewels.

Cheers!

I also found Ice Spear to leave something lacking, especially once I got decent "Lighting as Extra Chaos Damage" on both of my wands. As a result, I swapped to Ball Lightning for single target to more consistently use one element and it made a world of difference. The overall damage number looks lower, but it hits multiple times and can melt/clear where needed that Arc just doesn't cut it completely. You can check my profile to see what I'm using there, though I'm sure I still have a bit of room to improve. That said, it's been enough to beat Awakener on level 8 a number of times.

I might be missing something, but where is the Phys Conversion from your glove enchant and Taste of Hate coming into play? You could probably swap both - and instead of a regular mana potion, I'd recommend Lavignas. You could probably swap your taste of hate to a quicksilver that removes curses for a QoL upgrade.

Also as I mentioned in my last post above this, I've found that having hat/amulet enchants along with jewels with "Increased Mine Throwing Speed %" has made a big difference for me.
"
Oxycrest wrote:
Greetings Exiles, i'm almost at the same state as Pandaroux, currently dual wands, arc in helm for clear and ball lightning in chest for bosses.

I'm a bit lost and don't understand what to aim for end game : tremor rod with 6L or something else ?

I'm doing T XI maps and it's ok, i think i need more HP.

I also have a big interrogation, i see nowhere mention about chaos res, is there a passive or something i missed ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

I think what I just posted for Pandaroux is still relevant for you; I think the biggest damage upgrade you can have right now is your neck.

You should be able to find one with 23+ (t1) spell damage, life, and/or crit/crit multi.

As for survivability - Your health potions are two behind. They restore the same amount as better potions but in 3x the time. Try to get some Superior Eternal Health Potions. I did the same thing, and it makes a HUGE difference when you switch.

I'd also consider swapping your hybrid flask for a Lavignas Mana Potion as it helps a lot with MoM.

Likewise, there are a few tweaks you can make to your passives... even just at the beginning where you can go from the initial mine damage to the ele damage nodes below them.

And once you get a better amulet, you can annoint it with divine judgement for some ele damage/pen.
Thanks for your help, i'll try this tonight. I admit i totally neglected my flasks, i'll investigate it.

Thanks for the passive tips too.
Ok, I might be stupid but...

I'm still leveling, just got to act 6. When do I switch from pyroclast to ice spear?
"
Oxycrest wrote:

Please don't. Honestly, Loreweave is a really bad choice for this build, imho.

Build is already super low on life, and choosing a pretty low-hp armour like Loreweave makes matters worse.

The max ressist are nice. But taking 12%less fire/lightning/cold damage doesn't do shit if you got less than 5k HP. It will still wreck you.

And it doesn't help against Physical/Chaos at all.

It's a Beginners Guide after all. Once you hit deep red maps it's time to move on and get more surviveability (life+chaos res). It's super painful playing the glasscannon version (dual wielding) after lvl90. I would not recommond.

"
Schejian wrote:

It's a Beginners Guide after all. Once you hit deep red maps it's time to move on and get more surviveability (life+chaos res). It's super painful playing the glasscannon version (dual wielding) after lvl90. I would not recommond.

You think it's better to play with a shield ? I do not feel laking of damage actually, and i don't appreciate that much playing glasscanon, I prefer to be a bit tankier and DPS longer.
"
Schejian wrote:

I'm newbie, but like your build. Can you explain how to use your chest gems? Also, do you think its better to use lightning penetration instead of normal added lightning damage? And which skillpoints you added on levels 90-95? Thanks
Last edited by DamianTaps on Jan 13, 2020, 4:15:22 PM
"
DamianTaps wrote:

I'm newbie, but like your build. Can you explain how to use your chest gems? Also, do you think its better to use lightning penetration instead of normal added lightning damage? And which skillpoints you added on levels 90-95? Thanks

Oh, the chest gems are all wildcards. Socket whatever you want in them. It's up to your personal preference, none of them are needed.

I prefer to go with a increased duration smokemine for clearspeed.

SmokeMine+Flasks+Phaserun gives a very comfortable 190%movementspeed for mapping.

I'd recommond just going with a Kaom's Heart first (very cheap now).
Until you are comfortable that you don't die anymore. I only switched out from it once i could achieve around 5,8k HP without it.

Going lower HP lead to the occasional death for me, so I did take care to not fall under that. (Was 7k life with Kaoms, but missing the ~10%DPS from a dps Chest)

Last edited by Schejian on Jan 13, 2020, 4:33:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info