[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

So far hit lvl 91 with this build, got like 4-6 ex to upgrade.

Any suggestions what should I upgrade?
"
Revarine wrote:

I'm following this guide. Don't we need a 6L for our single target? (ball lightning, pyroclast, ice spear)

Arc in a Tremor is doing quite fine imho:

Going ClearingSkill + Bossing skill like this guide recommends is quite fine. It's a great way to start and can handle Clearspeed+Bossing, while still beeing undergeared / low-budget.

But once you surpass your late 80-s and got some more currency (e.g 300-600chaos), i think it's time to fully commit too one Skill and focus on that. And this should be the one that handles clearspeed better.

6l Tremor + Kaom's heart only costs 340chaos. That's already cheaper than the Loreweave alone. And is the better offensive and defensive choice once you can afford it, imho.

Edit:
- Bottled Faith ain't needed, it's only a little better than Atziri's Prmoise (+18%dps instead of +12%). I just happen to find one, so i'll keep using it.

- Empower4 in the Weapon ain't the best DPS Link. Lightning Pen or Hypthermia would provide better DPS, i just prefer the additional chain to clear a little bit faster. Not needed!

Last edited by Schejian on Jan 11, 2020, 12:07:11 PM
This is the first non phys/melee char I've played in about 2 years and I'm not sure how to progress. I see these multimod sceptres for a couple of exalts and realize they are better but can't really quantify how much better they are and if I should save up for up for those or focus on a couple of other upgrades first. I've got about 2.5-3 exalts available for upgrades and because I don't really have a feel yet on what's best I would love some input.
I'm doing tier 9-12 maps and clearspeed feels ok, I do feel vulnerable when a lot of mobs suddenly spawn around me and can get into trouble on metamorphs that don't die fast enough. But can't really say it's because of my damage being too low, my survivability being too low or my playstyle.

Any pointers would be appreciated.
-I like Arc clear, Ice spear feels a bit clunky at times so I'm open to changing that for single target.
-Are my flasks good?
-I'm only using zealotry at the moment and use skitterbots on easy content.
-I don't feel like my cwdt-enfeeble-immortal call-phase run is doing much, are there any other/better alternatives?
-Any gems that could be replaced improved?
-For example to me my necklace looks pretty good but because it's been a while since I played and I'm not familiar with this build I have no idea if it actually is as good or if could possibly buy a massive upgrade for -1ex, same for my head, gloves, wand and jewels.

Cheers!
The low budget section of the guide says out of date,could you update it? Since in the Ideal section it says to use the low budget section for the other items, like gloves, boots, rings, etc.

I was able to put together a 6L Tremor Rod, and a 6L Loreweave, using ice spear for single target and arc mines and so far I have been able to clear tier 16 maps fairly easy.
Ok i have no idea why i havent seen anything on that but ill just ask. When we decide to put our arc mine in our military staff....what do we put in our 4 link helmet then? and what helmet do we take
Last edited by Njaku on Jan 11, 2020, 4:10:40 PM
"
Njaku wrote:
Ok i have no idea why i havent seen anything on that but ill just ask. When we decide to put our arc mine in our military staff....what do we put in our 4 link helmet then? and what helmet do we take

I'd use it when you get a 5L tremor
Ok I have ~17 ex for potential upgrades do you guys see any things to improve?
I know that i could enchant boots with added light dmg
wands should be swapped for multimod sceptres
need to change amulet for sure, and annoint something, Arcane potency seems to give biggest DPS increase in POB
Something I haven't seen mentioned, after spending about 15ex buffing my character (having a great time melting T16 mobs and 1 shotting conquerors, thanks OP!) is a super cheap way to buff the hell out of your pyroclast damage-

Flamability! Rather than having to put on the boss once they're live, I've been laying down an orb of storms and I found a ring with lv5 curse on hit. *Highly* recommended for boss melting. Probably gained 25k per hit base damage there.
Liking the build so far but i think i'm missing something, can someone take a look at my character ArcMineGoodBoy?

My budget is really low tho, I'm on yellow maps right now trying to make the conquerors appear and haven't dropped a single exalt the entire league
"

Flamability! Rather than having to put on the boss once they're live, I've been laying down an orb of storms and I found a ring with lv5 curse on hit. *Highly* recommended for boss melting. Probably gained 25k per hit base damage there.

Why the Orb of Storms? Your mines will inherit the curse too, no need to selfcast anything to proc it.

Downside is that it will insta-overwrite your defensive curse, if you'r using one (e.g. on cwdt). And the curse is pretty weak (-9%ressist) against the big bosses.

So it's not super popular, although it is quite a nice mod.
Last edited by Schejian on Jan 11, 2020, 6:30:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info