[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could look at my character and give me some feedback on what I should fix. Just swapped to sceptres and 6L'd my loreweave, but I feel a lot weaker. I also think I might have made some poor decisions in my skill tree.

Spoiler

I'd change the arc setup in your helmet to arc -> inspiration -> trap and mine damage -> minefield. If you want to keep the freeze effect get a call of the brotherhood ring. Also get a lvl 21 arc gem as you'll get an additional chain from lvl 21.

The minion damage gem in your skitterbots setup isn't doing anything as the skitterbots don't deal damage. I'd take the skitterbots/infernal legion out of your weapon and throw it into your boots and add in your precision lvl 1 and a lvl 3 enlighten. Then in your weapon you can throw in a Vaal righteous fire and something like a stone golem for extra defense.

Your assassin's mark on hit ring isn't doing much for you. It doesn't proc with mines. If you get rid of that ring and get another one with some more crit strike multi or lightning damage/spell damage/etc that should be better.

I'd replace your amulet anointment with Destructive Apparatus. Should be a dps increase + defensive increase.

Get a stygian vise and put a jewel with life/critmulti in.

Your tree actually looks fine to me. I'd replace your abyssal jewels in your tree with regular jewels with 7% to max life (should be more than the abyssal ones) and crit strike multi. You could also get a watcher's eye with light% damage wile affected by wrath and then get an essence worm and throw wrath in there.

"
inco2 wrote:

For my current gear I melt all t14 and lower bosses w/ ball lightning. t15+ and conquers take some time to kill. Anything I can do to improve single target DPS? I am really enjoying the build just need some more single target damage for it to be perfect

Spoiler
I would change out the minefield gem on your ball lightning setup for inspiration. Should be a big DPS increase and while it will take you longer to throw out all your mines, you can usually do that before the boss aggros or you spawn a metamorph anyway.

Your righteous fire gem should be a vaal righteous fire. We don't use the regular version of the spell, only the vaal version as a quick dps increase to be used right before you detonate your ball lightning mines on the boss.

Adding infernal legion support to your skitterbots will help proc your Explosives Expert Ascendency (which you should unlock ASAP)

Adding in a precision lvl 1 somewhere will be a dps increase.

Change your amulet anoint to Destructive Apparataus for a dps and defensive increase.

Stygian Vise with life/crit multi gem

Get a watcher's eye with lightning damage w/ wrath and change out your zealotry for wrath.

You are 1 point away from Throatseeker, that's a big dps increase. Get rid of Elemental Focus and put a point there.

In Your successive Detonations cluster, change the connecting point from Crit Strike chance to the one below w/ crit strike multiplier.

You're missing the Doom Cast cluster. Consider swapping out the Prodigal Perfection/Mystic Bulwark area for that until you level up and grab them again.
Thanks Etheral! Yeah i've been using your profile as a template. I ended up hitting 25% crit multi on it with a regal and decided to go ahead and multimod it. I can try for a better one in the future but I feel like this is a decent starting point. Here it is.

If you have time could you take a look at my character and see if there's any quick wins besides swapping to sceptres?

I need to make the helm still for the swap and would appreciate any advice on how to craft that as well. Is it just metallic and pristine fossiles on a shaped helm? This is the one I was going to try to craft on.

"
Minirova wrote:
Thanks Etheral! Yeah i've been using your profile as a template. I ended up hitting 25% crit multi on it with a regal and decided to go ahead and multimod it. I can try for a better one in the future but I feel like this is a decent starting point. Here it is.

If you have time could you take a look at my character and see if there's any quick wins besides swapping to sceptres?

I need to make the helm still for the swap and would appreciate any advice on how to craft that as well. Is it just metallic and pristine fossiles on a shaped helm? This is the one I was going to try to craft on.

Hey unfortunately that mod you crafted on the sceptre "Adds 6 to 102 Lightning Damage" is local, meaning it will only affect physical attacks with the sceptre instead of your mines. It will still be good until you try for a better one, but be careful with mods like that. They need to specify adds Lightning Damage to Spells.

As for the helmet, I didn't actually craft any of those so I am not sure what the best way to go about it is. The lightning res penetration is a good mod. POEDB says it's a delve mod and the blastchain/trap and mine damage is a shaper mod so I think it's possible to get both but I don't know how you go about it.

For your character, I'd switch the anoint on your amulet to Destructive Apparatus. Throw an infernal legion support into your skitterbots link to proc the Explosives Expert ascendency buff. Take out the 3 points around and including Elemental Focus on your passive tree and the Crit Strike Chance node in your Successive Detonations cluster and put them into the Throatseeker cluster instead. I'd also remove the totem/detonate setup unless you're in love with it and replace it with a defensive CWDT setup like the one in my boots. Self detonating mines feels better to me anyway but it's up to you.
Is arc deals % increased damage for each time it has chained better than arc chains an additional time for the helmet enchant?
Last edited by blademaster48 on Jan 10, 2020, 1:08:46 PM
"
blademaster48 wrote:
Is arc deals % increased damage for each time it has chained better than arc chains an additional time for the helmet enchant?

I don't think so. Most trash packs you are clearing get 1 shot anyway, so having an addition chain (or 5 if you are using minefield) will clear more monsters rather than just overkilling things that are already a 1 shot.

Edit: That being said, if you are running your own labs for enchantments, due to how many helmet enchants there are, I'd be happy with that, arc chains or the ball lightning damage increase.
Last edited by etherel90 on Jan 10, 2020, 2:17:49 PM
"
etherel90

Alright, should I take out the CWDT VD/Desecrate/LL of my boots then? Other than that I'll work on the rest and thanks a lot I really appreciate it
"
Zechnix2 wrote:
Hey
there is no sceptre with gain 20% extra any more. you think Tremor Rod is the item to go with?

Yes. Tremor is the better overall choice now, imho.

I got 100k Tooltip DPS with Tremor and it instagibs T16 Metas with Arc.

It's also the better Defensive Choice, as it opens up your chest to Kaom's or other high HP choices (don't need sockets on BodyArmor anymore.

"

Alright, should I take out the CWDT VD/Desecrate/LL of my boots then? Other than that I'll work on the rest and thanks a lot I really appreciate it

No, I would keep that setup. I think it's still worth it to have 1 defensive setup in there. You can up the levels on them though so the damage threshold for activation is higher but you get more LL out of it. Also, Life Leech can go as high on the levels as you want as the CWDT limitation only applies to spell skills. Since Life Leech is only a support you have no reason not to just pump it up. I'd replace the one in your gloves with a skitterbot/precision lvl 1/infernal legion/enlighten lvl 3.
"
Schejian wrote:
"
Zechnix2 wrote:
Hey
there is no sceptre with gain 20% extra any more. you think Tremor Rod is the item to go with?

Yes. Tremor is the better overall choice now, imho.

I got 100k Tooltip DPS with Tremor and it instagibs T16 Metas with Arc.

It's also the better Defensive Choice, as it opens up your chest to Kaom's or other high HP choices (don't need sockets on BodyArmor anymore.

I'm following this guide. Don't we need a 6L for our single target? (ball lightning, pyroclast, ice spear)
Hi guys, so I've been using this build as my league starter for this league and its been going awesome so far. I've gotten my loreweave 6L'd and have spent a bit of curreny on the build. I liked GC over icespear and icicle for single-target as its just a preference and so I kinda modified and built the build around that with other people's opinion. At the moment, I feel like the damage isn't as bursty as it is and I wanted some advice on how I can further improve the build and which items do I upgrade?

my lategame goal would be to be a LL GC miner with arc as clear and I was wondering if its possible to scale that way and would Arc be enough to clear beefed up map trash mobs, or would it be more smarter financially to go pure GC and just use it as clear?

Also, for GC what should my links be for effective dps and are my links on my helmet corect? What should I aim for, OP's build is kinda vague and I'm not sure if Innervate is the mod I'm suppose to get on my helm?

If theres any way I can improve my build please let me know, this league has been amazing and I want to keep progressing. All your advice will be awesome!

Character name: NimbyThePlatypus
Poe Name: Chaavy

Here are my items:

Flask:

Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info