This game is great, but I won't play it

"
ExileCross wrote:
Here's how path of Exile should have done their business model:
Charge regular FAIR price for the game itself, put all these art assets in the game as unlockable by ~~progression~~.

It's pure business greed when this microtransaction system is implemented to such an expensive degree like this. I've already read posts where people are upset because they bought an armor or founder pack and it didn't look as good as they hoped. Those people are spending usually more than $60, which is the price of a modern AAA game.

Yeah, you may have had people somewhat empathetic on your original post, but this one just shows how obtuse you really are. You lost everyone with this quote.

You had such promise, but you blew it.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
ExileCross wrote:
Here's how path of Exile should have done their business model:
Charge regular FAIR price for the game itself, put all these art assets in the game as unlockable by ~~progression~~.

It's pure business greed when this microtransaction system is implemented to such an expensive degree like this. I've already read posts where people are upset because they bought an armor or founder pack and it didn't look as good as they hoped. Those people are spending usually more than $60, which is the price of a modern AAA game.

Yeah, you may have had people somewhat empathetic on your original post, but this one just shows how obtuse you really are. You lost everyone with this quote.

You had such promise, but you blew it.

Actually, it just supports my (and others') belief that OP may be new to F2P games. In fact, I'm now convinced this is their very first serious run-in with the model. You might question what rock have they been living under, while I'd say they were being smart (or lucky) until now.

Nevertheless, I consider it pretty valuable feedback from someone "untainted" so to speak. It's refreshing, if nothing else, in a forum where the loudest group tends to be those who haven't played many games other than PoE in the last few years.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Vanity MTX stuff is very expensive, sure, but it's also completely unnecessary, and for those who do want to pick up a few things here and there, you can just splurge for thr $30-60 supporter packs that come out with each new major expansion, and which typically include weapon effects, pets, full armour sets, AND almost the full value in shop points so you can buy other things in addition to the stuff in the pack. That's pretty dang reasonable, by comparison.

I hate bad F2P models as much as anybody else, but PoE's model is the nearest to perfect I've ever seen. Your "one example" of stash tabs is the ONLY example of anything in the shop that actually confers an advantage, and even that is strictly a matter of convenience rather than playability or content.

Even accepting that the stash tabs are a a "mandatory" purchase to get the most out of this game, however, they're pretty reasonably priced even at their standard values. Coughing out $60 can get you everything you'll ever need in terms of stash tabs, including the currency, map, divination, fragment, and essence tabs, in addition to 12 standard stash tabs. That's the price of a full game anyway, so pow, you're set at no more out of pocket for "mandatory content" than you would be if you had just paid retail price for this game anyway.

If that's still too rich for your blood, the stash tabs in particular regularly go on deep discount super sales. You can get all of the above for closer to $20 if you wait until one of these sales.

In summary: quit being a baby. Vanity content is completely unnecessary. Don't buy it if you don't want to. Stash tabs are worth it even at the standard price, but go on deep discount sales quite regularly. If the "principle" of the matter makes you boycott playing this game, then... oh well. Your loss.
here, I think its absolutely fine

sucks to be someone who puts graphics or ui or an visual component over the core game, but hey you gotta pay the cost to look like a boss
"
Zazulio wrote:
Even accepting that the stash tabs are a a "mandatory" purchase to get the most out of this game, however, they're pretty reasonably priced even at their standard values. Coughing out $60 can get you everything you'll ever need in terms of stash tabs, including the currency, map, divination, fragment, and essence tabs, in addition to 12 standard stash tabs. That's the price of a full game anyway, so pow, you're set at no more out of pocket for "mandatory content" than you would be if you had just paid retail price for this game anyway.

Meanwhile, somewhere else on the internet, people are probably raising hell over the latest $60 AAA Buy-to-Play game with cosmetic microtransactions, and for good reason imho.

Not trying to be argumentative, just showing you the perspective of a player who takes B2P games for granted.

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
Smart to not burn money on stash tabs. You won't regret it m8.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Nov 15, 2018, 6:57:13 PM
Thanks for the replies all, I welcome the criticism and differing view points.

"You dont have to pay to have fun here"
It varies from person to person, but I don't JUST play a game for the gameplay. I play for the art too, and that's the stem of the argument behind this thread.

"Why shun the whole game when only the MXT model is scummy?"
Because I don't want to support something that is half-corrupt. I prefer to support things that fully deserve it.

"You don't understand f2p games, you're new to them, etc"
I've seen my share. Screwed around on several android games that had the "random character pack/item" type model, Tera Online, etc. But understanding the nature of f2p games now days is not the point. The point is that it's a system that tries to paywall the most enticing aspects of itself.

"I paid $1000 easy on this game and I'm happy."
Congratulations, you have contributed to corporate greed. Here's a brochure and refrigerator magnet. Please give us your money again.

Myopia can go both ways by the way. Perhaps those with that argument should examine their own viewpoint. In a way, I'm showing greed as well wanting things to be cheaper. But that's because the art is amazing. I love it, and love the game play. BUT FUCK THE PEOPLE WHO PUT AN $18 PRICE TAG ON A SWORD, among other things. You simply just want to charge for every little thing you can, while hiding behind the guise of the f2p model. Yes, this game is a product, and all the art resources are products. But you know this system is scummy. You fucking know it.
Last edited by ExileCross on Nov 15, 2018, 8:11:21 PM
i will never in my life understand views like the above.

i also bought nothing but stash tabs and generally couldn't care less what my char looks like.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Well in a game like D3 where you got pretty much all the cosmetics included and could transmog with barely any ingame cost and with as many characters as you'd like it made sense to care about customization.

PoE just approches the stash space starvation and awful default visuals to try push you into the whale mtx system.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
NemoJr wrote:
Meanwhile, somewhere else on the internet, people are probably raising hell over the latest $60 AAA Buy-to-Play game with cosmetic microtransactions, and for good reason imho.

Not trying to be argumentative, just showing you the perspective of a player who takes B2P games for granted.

And some of those 60$ title wille be done in 30 hours and never touched again by the player.

"
ExileCross wrote:

It varies from person to person, but I don't JUST play a game for the gameplay. I play for the art too, and that's the stem of the argument behind this thread.

If you can't enjoy the art of the game beyond mtx and only judge the art by how fancy ( to silly levels I guess ) your own character looks like, I pity you.

Gosh it's so sad to see people that really need to be all fancy-shit and can't enjoy something that even looks remotely realistic, because they have to be super special themselves y'know ...

"
ExileCross wrote:

Congratulations, you have contributed to corporate greed. Here's a brochure and refrigerator magnet. Please give us your money again.

You really are not getting it.
Stop being greedy, seriously.

And try to get out of your bubble and understand what a "donation" or what "support" is.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 15, 2018, 8:57:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info