This game is great, but I won't play it

I suppose author know, that there is no payment items could affects the gameplay, or anything in game, as it is right with No Pay to Win rule of Grinding Gear Games, but... author touch important problem. There is no cheap armour skins, for fast change skins.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
"
ExileCross wrote:
Thanks for the replies all, I welcome the criticism and differing view points.

"You dont have to pay to have fun here"
It varies from person to person, but I don't JUST play a game for the gameplay. I play for the art too, and that's the stem of the argument behind this thread.

"Why shun the whole game when only the MXT model is scummy?"
Because I don't want to support something that is half-corrupt. I prefer to support things that fully deserve it.

"You don't understand f2p games, you're new to them, etc"
I've seen my share. Screwed around on several android games that had the "random character pack/item" type model, Tera Online, etc. But understanding the nature of f2p games now days is not the point. The point is that it's a system that tries to paywall the most enticing aspects of itself.

"I paid $1000 easy on this game and I'm happy."
Congratulations, you have contributed to corporate greed. Here's a brochure and refrigerator magnet. Please give us your money again.

Myopia can go both ways by the way. Perhaps those with that argument should examine their own viewpoint. In a way, I'm showing greed as well wanting things to be cheaper. But that's because the art is amazing. I love it, and love the game play. BUT FUCK THE PEOPLE WHO PUT AN $18 PRICE TAG ON A SWORD, among other things. You simply just want to charge for every little thing you can, while hiding behind the guise of the f2p model. Yes, this game is a product, and all the art resources are products. But you know this system is scummy. You fucking know it.

If you don't like it, don't play it. I'm not sure why you feel the need to lecture everybody else on it? We feel that the way they monetize the game is quite reasonable, especially with the supporter packs that come out with each major expansion. For the time I've spent on this game, I've spent a heck of a lot less than I would have with a monthly subscription model, and have plenty of MTXs and MORE than enough stash tabs to keep me happy.

Hell, as we speak, there is a major sale going on with dozens of cool items on sale at slashed prices.
Last edited by Zazulio on Nov 16, 2018, 5:05:02 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
i will never in my life understand views like the above.

i also bought nothing but stash tabs and generally couldn't care less what my char looks like.

I like my character to look cool, too, but you can still look pretty dang neat with the in-game items and Uniques. Some of the unique items, especially, look amazing. If they don't fit your build, you can always just use a skin transfer token (on sale for $0.50 right now) to copy the appearance of any item to any other item of the same type.
mtx used to symbolise the monetary support people did towards the game, at that ancient time people were proud to support the game cause they loved it so much and collectively wanted it to prosper and not shut down.

well, the objective changed over time but prices more or less stayed.

"less", cause ggg did sellouts on their mtx, they do sales where they give mtx away for their real price and you can even get them for free if you play the game alot. they only kept the supporter pack stuff and some very few mtx as reputational mtx.

my personal opinion of them not lowering the mtx prices is that there is a point of "enough mtx" for the average player and that is two pets, one portal and a complete armor set + some skill effects. thing is, you get most of that with league rewards already.

calling ggg "greedy" is the most (sorry) idiotic thing i ever read, you can download and play the game as well as access all content in the game for free, how is that ever greedy? you get alot of mtx for free, 3 times per year.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
@Vio ho i didn't recall any free mtx and i play since beta (partially^^). Its on what time ?

Well except the league challenge ones.
"
Bakudan wrote:
@Vio ho i didn't recall any free mtx and i play since beta (partially^^). Its on what time ?

Well except the league challenge ones.

I think he's just talking about the league challenge rewards.
All of us who paid money for things in the game did so because we wanted to support the game. Shit, I'd pay money just to support the game without getting MTX's because the gameplay is better than any of the other lame excuses for ARPG's on the market. You can pay 60$ for a supporter pack then buy your 42$ armour set with the points you got from it. There, now you have all the MTX you need for any character. And you can think of the 60$ you paid as paying full price for the game, and the points and MTX you get as extra collector's edition stuff.
Last edited by Saf3tyhazard on Nov 17, 2018, 1:49:46 AM
Cosmetics aside, I don't get the reference to Diablo Immortal. Expensive cosmetics were in POE all the time, while Blizzard suddenly decided to get rid of old fanbase and go for China mobile market. You definitely can't compare them no matter what.
I mean, good luck finding a better game I guess.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
yes mtx are expensive,but if you use a supporterpack for your points and than get the stashtabs you need with these points its rather cheap.
for some mtx its like you would get nearly 2 for 1 by just using the supporter packs.
another thing are the sells. the change to themed sells helped a lot with getting the one mtx you want by just beeing patient.
with these 2 things combind the mtx prices dont feel expsensive to me anymore even though they still cost a good amount of money.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info