This game is great, but I won't play it

OP: What wrong with you just play the game and dont pay a single dollar and be happy
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Nov 15, 2018, 2:10:21 AM
The whole concept of fremium is to force you to pay otherwise your experience will be miserable. The whole stash tab BS illustrates that perfectly. If you think you can manage 4 of them without hassle go right ahead and have fun filling up your account with mules and creating new one for some more.
"
ExileCross wrote:
Here's an example: Gamestop is just a store, you don't have to buy anything when you go in. Do you think it would be fair for them to charge $100 per game? $480??? Didn't think so.

I would LOVE for Gamestop to sell games at those prices! Because then AAA microtransaction-infested pay-to-win lootbox-plagued games would have a more realistic, honest price on them and we wouldn't have the fake shell price of $60 that gives you half a game while you have to GAMBLE for the rest. But I get that's not your point.

The MTX for PoE are indeed expensive. As the game expands in popularity and the playerbase grows, GGG should consider moving away from the kickstarter model where everyone was here as a donor and reduce their prices at least somewhat.

However, the only stuff you "need" are some stash tabs, possibly a currency and map tab. Understandably, there's been a lot of back-and-forth among players about whether that's an example of pay-to-win and a betrayal (see what I did there?) of PoE's original monetization philosophy.

It's a bit of a gray area, but my take is that if you like the game enough and have been playing it for long enough to realize that you're gonna need more stash space, it's OK for them to ask you to pay for it at that point. This game being free-to-play gives it a TON more wiggle-room in my book than the $60 Gamestop products you mentioned.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Nov 15, 2018, 2:18:40 AM
"
ExileCross wrote:
It's the principle of it.

Here's an example: Gamestop is just a store, you don't have to buy anything when you go in. Do you think it would be fair for them to charge $100 per game? $480??? Didn't think so.

this would be relevant if OP was complaining about the cost of stash tabs.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The whole concept of fremium is to force you to pay otherwise your experience will be miserable. The whole stash tab BS illustrates that perfectly. If you think you can manage 4 of them without hassle go right ahead and have fun filling up your account with mules and creating new one for some more.

Alright, I went ahead. No mules. Rank 14 HC SSF.

You dont need to pay a single fucking dollar in this game to be competitive and thats why it is F2P and not fremium or whatever.
SSF is the key word. You don't need to hoard orbs for example, you waste them on crafting.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
SSF is the key word. You don't need to hoard orbs for example, you waste them on crafting.

I dont waste them I get nice abyss jewels by doing so :).

But yea nobody forces you to irrationally value stuff like hoarding items. The objective measurement of players in this game is the ladder system. Everything else is just a personal preference and therefor rather meaningless in this f2p vs freemium judgement.

And in non SSF you would need stuff like a guild full of slaves and human bots who do everything at your command in order to be competitive in the ladder. You cant buy that in the MTX shop or with stash tabs.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Nov 15, 2018, 2:48:29 AM
Its too bad SSF is not the main playing field then. If ladder is all you care about go league SC/HC and repeat your amazing feat.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Its too bad SSF is not the main playing field then. If ladder is all you care about go league SC/HC and repeat your amazing feat.

Nah tradecore would require to have a party and guild slaves. I dont feel important enough to waste the time of other people for my benefit so I gonna stick with SSF.

And many of the in my opinion most intersting persons in this game like Aila, Sparrog, Raiz etc play SSF as well.
More like it'll actually require you to have multiple tabs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info