This game is great, but I won't play it

"
Xavathos wrote:

Absolutely possible. A good PC is not about expensive components at all. It's

For properly optimized game, yes.
But for PoE, it makes a huge difference, whether your GPU is NVIDIA or Radeon. If it's Radeon - it feel like it's downgraded 5-8 years backs. That shouldnt be the case.
Also, it greatly depends on one's character build, and whether he plays in party or not. Try an ultra-fast build with GPU-stressing skill, play it in a party, and tell again you dont need a $5000 PC in PoE.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 21, 2018, 4:02:02 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Absolutely possible. A good PC is not about expensive components at all. It's

For properly optimized game, yes.
But for PoE, it makes a huge difference, whether your GPU is NVIDIA or Radeon. If it's Radeon - it feel like it's downgraded 5-8 years backs. That shouldnt be the case.
Also, it greatly depends on one's character build, and whether he plays in party or not. Try an ultra-fast build with GPU-stressing skill, play it in a party, and tell again you dont need a $5000 PC in PoE.

You'd be hard-pressed to even create a PC that costs $5000. You'd really have to try hard to get it to cost that much and you'd be wasting all of it.

My PC is rather old, about 4 years, and it does run PoE at 100+ FPS solid in groups, solo usually 144 which is my vsync limit, with all the builds I've played and it never tanked with 1 exception: the old CoC, but that's gone now.

Having a good PC has nothing to do with money and everything with knowledge of how to take care of it, in hardware and software.

The game and its optimisations may change in the future or not, but this is what it is right now. You want to play now, don't you? Placing the blame won't fix anything right now, that's all I'm saying. The solution starts with you.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Nov 21, 2018, 4:23:39 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
The game and its optimisations may change in the future or not, but this is what it is right now. You want to play now, don't you? Placing the blame won't fix anything right now, that's all I'm saying. The solution starts with you.

Well, that's one of the things I'm kinda used to as the game runs good enough most of the time and I don't expect it will ever be fixed, but it is a long running problem indeed.

Ensuring good compatibility with -both- of the mainline cpu and gpu options is the developer's job, if there were fifty I'd cut them a bigger piece of slack, but not with only two. And I won't be solving that problem by replacing my amd chip with nvidia just because of one game.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info