This game is great, but I won't play it

It's really unfortunate. This game is awesome, the art is amazing, the atmosphere is perfect, and it blends all the elements of so many games I loved in the past.
I'm not going to play it though because the micro-transaction prices are absolutely ridiculous. Yes I get that it's optional, but $42 for an armor set, $18 for ONE sword, or even their $480 mega pack....It just makes me sick, quite frankly.

I'm really sorry guys, you did a great job but I won't even give my time to something with blatantly over-expensive DLC. You want to call Diablo Immortal the betrayal game? It's kind of funny how you so freely exercise double standards yourselves.
Last bumped on Nov 21, 2018, 4:47:20 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
MTX have nothing to do with gameplay dude wtf lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
You have absolutely no competitive disadvantage for not paying a single dollar into this game and that means something nowadays because even fucking dota has a paygate for the ranked role matchmaking mode ...
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Nov 14, 2018, 11:33:29 PM
What the ****, the supporter packs have never been as cheap as in Betrayal.

If you really were finding the game as awesome as you are describing, you would be playing it, it is FREE TO PLAY, were Xbox or PS4 games ( new ones ) cost what ... 60 USD maybe ?

Gosh it's mind-blowing sometimes how kids on the internet sometimes feel entitled to everything ....
That kind of thing makes me sick, I should be more used to it ( because the internet ), but sometimes the levels it can reach still .... WOW
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 14, 2018, 11:54:08 PM
It's the principle of it.

Here's an example: Gamestop is just a store, you don't have to buy anything when you go in. Do you think it would be fair for them to charge $100 per game? $480??? Didn't think so.

Here's how path of Exile should have done their business model:
Charge regular FAIR price for the game itself, put all these art assets in the game as unlockable by ~~progression~~.

It's pure business greed when this microtransaction system is implemented to such an expensive degree like this. I've already read posts where people are upset because they bought an armor or founder pack and it didn't look as good as they hoped. Those people are spending usually more than $60, which is the price of a modern AAA game.

So yeah, "free to play", but attempts to sucker people into paying more than they would for a normal game.

Not happening to me.
yea it might be better off if u did not play it. its good u did not spend anything now you can log off the forum and we wont have to see this thread again. bye
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
ExileCross wrote:
Here's how path of Exile should have done their business model:
Charge regular FAIR price for the game itself, put all these art assets in the game as unlockable by ~~progression~~.

You obviously know and understand nothing about free to play business models, how GGG started and made its way to become what it is now.

The only greed here is coming from you, and noone else.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 15, 2018, 12:58:33 AM
I don't understand. You say the game is awesome but won't play it because of MTX prices. You do know that you don't have to buy a single MTX if you don't want to? I mean they are just cosmetic and don't provide any advantages to the gameplay itself.

Maybe play the game a few months first and then decide whether or not to support the game or not?
"
ExileCross wrote:
It's really unfortunate. This game is awesome, the art is amazing, the atmosphere is perfect, and it blends all the elements of so many games I loved in the past.
I'm not going to play it though because the micro-transaction prices are absolutely ridiculous. Yes I get that it's optional, but $42 for an armor set, $18 for ONE sword, or even their $480 mega pack....It just makes me sick, quite frankly.

I'm really sorry guys, you did a great job but I won't even give my time to something with blatantly over-expensive DLC. You want to call Diablo Immortal the betrayal game? It's kind of funny how you so freely exercise double standards yourselves.

"
ExileCross wrote:
It's the principle of it.

Here's an example: Gamestop is just a store, you don't have to buy anything when you go in. Do you think it would be fair for them to charge $100 per game? $480??? Didn't think so.

...you know you don't need any mtx to play, right?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Last edited by robmafia on Nov 15, 2018, 2:01:55 AM
Welcome to fremium where the price of the game is much higher than the pay to play ones.

F2P is inferior in every way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info