This game is great, but I won't play it

"
ExileCross wrote:
It's really unfortunate. This game is awesome, the art is amazing, the atmosphere is perfect, and it blends all the elements of so many games I loved in the past.
I'm not going to play it though because the micro-transaction prices are absolutely ridiculous. Yes I get that it's optional, but $42 for an armor set, $18 for ONE sword, or even their $480 mega pack....It just makes me sick, quite frankly.

I'm really sorry guys, you did a great job but I won't even give my time to something with blatantly over-expensive DLC. You want to call Diablo Immortal the betrayal game? It's kind of funny how you so freely exercise double standards yourselves.

GGG needs to earn money some way. Either you pay for the game or you pay for microtransactions or GGG earns money in some other way.

If you cannot afford the microtransactions (or do not want to pay for them given their current prices) - well, then, at least you can play the game. Whereas if they charged, say $90 for the game and $20 for each expansion - you'd (likely) not be able to play at all.

GGG is free to play - but it's not a non-profit; and even if it were, they'd need to pay top dollar for their leadership, programmers, artists, game designers, etc., in order to produce such a great game.

How do you suggest that GGG make money while producing such a high quality game?

Last edited by hankinsohl on Nov 19, 2018, 6:05:33 AM
"
Soulscar1 wrote:
To play PoE to any meaningful level you need,

Currency tab (75)
Map tab (150)
Fragment tab (75)
Divination card tab (50)
Essence tab (40)
Premium stash tab bundle (200)

This is 590 points outside of a sale so lets say $60 and idk $40 on sale. With this you get a few cosmetics with the supporters pack.

Pretty far compensation to the developers if you ask me and you can spend a bit a month. Comparing Blizzards immortal cash grab to GGG is stretching it a bit considering every bliz game literally bleeds pockets dry after the fact you paid AAA prices.

Selective criticism seems to be the case here.

Since they stack, I think Div Card tab is not needed to play comfortably.

If you know which card is valuable and worth to save, half of the 1 normal tab is enough.

I would pay a bit more and go for quad instead div tab. Quad is more useful especially for chaos recipe at the first 3-4 days of league.
Ah, the good old tab discussion. I remember myself saying "so what is next, will they claim you can play ARPG without mouse or what?" couple years back

It turned out you can, if you care.
But here is a challenge: you cannot beat Uber Elder in fresh league without keyboard. I dare you. You need to type in a name for new char. Hah.
Scratch that. AHK script on side button.

You see, there is a pile of things you COULD be doing in this game for amusement. One tab self-imposed challenge? Marvelous.

"Someone beat the game with 4 tabs, therefore anyone can". The economical truth speaks differently, I am afraid. You can create a game for hardcore handful audience, but that is not how you succeed economically, it seems.

I WOULD NOT consider playing this game without currency and map tab. Spoilt me. Stash tabs sale weekends tend to be the most profiting ones for GGG (~info gathered over time). When you connect the dots... I cannot even see my shining armor MTX most of the time. But I would helluva notice if my currency tab went away.

Argument went full circle.
Happy league waiting period!
The game is UNPLAYABLE with default Tabula Rasa skin!
You NEED to have at least one chest armour skin or skin transfer to level up new characters proper!

In fact, if it were allowed, I would donate skin transfered Tabula Rasas to everyone. Don't want to see any of the default ones running around in towns thxkbai
From my experience in chatting online, forums, gamming this personal opinion of this kid here only should get attention by an forum administration and delete the thread NOW.

This is and istheric and sad opinion of a lonely unloved unlived lost soul, im sorry for you my son you wont make friends like this and not here go and play outside you should not be exiled.

(sorry for my mispell errors of my not native english)
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
Last edited by 4lin on Nov 19, 2018, 12:15:44 PM
"
Soulscar1 wrote:

Currency tab (75)
Map tab (150)
Fragment tab (75)
Divination card tab (50)
Essence tab (40)

This is 590 points outside of a sale so lets say $60 and idk $40 on sale. With this you get a few cosmetics with the supporters pack.

Pretty far compensation to the developers if you ask me and you can spend a bit a month. Comparing Blizzards immortal cash grab to GGG is stretching it a bit considering every bliz game literally bleeds pockets dry after the fact you paid AAA prices.

Those $100 are nothing compared to $5000, required to buy a PC, that will be able to run PoE smoothly.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 19, 2018, 3:29:30 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Soulscar1 wrote:

Currency tab (75)
Map tab (150)
Fragment tab (75)
Divination card tab (50)
Essence tab (40)

Those $100 are nothing compared to $5000, required to buy a PC, that will be able to run PoE smoothly.

not sure what you are talking about i build my pc 4 years ago with a budget of a bit over 600€. it still runs poe perfectly fine no fps drops no laggs no crashes

if you set everything up right and take care of your pc poe will run fine on such a pc.
but ofc if you just buy the complet pc from the store with you neither want nor need on it and dont clean yiur pc up from time to time,its eay to have problems with poe.
i´m not saying poe doesnt have its problems but making it run smoothly isnt a problem even though it takes a bit more work than it should.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

I bought my PC about ... 6 years ago maybe, for about 600€, added a SSD when I bought it and an okay graphic card last year or two years ago, and the game runs pretty smoothly right now.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 19, 2018, 8:31:43 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

I bought my PC about ... 6 years ago maybe, for about 600€, added a SSD when I bought it and an okay graphic card last year or two years ago, and the game runs pretty smoothly right now.

Absolutely possible. A good PC is not about expensive components at all. It's very much like a good build in PoE: Synergy and efficiency are key.

The common mistake is when people buy a really expensive graphics card and put it in a rather old or cheap (or both) computer, expecting a miracle.

Truth is though, the graphics card will sit there waiting for other components to catch up before being allowed to do its job again. In other words, a bottleneck is created and the large amount of money was spent on something that works at maybe a quarter of its capacity.

It's important to decide prior to building or buying a system, which "tier" your budget falls in. Never buy into a higher "tier", unless you can afford every component in it. It's simply inefficient and will needlessly cost you money, while gaining you almost nothing in performance.

My PC, like Fruz, is rather old too now. Yet it runs like a dream and has no trouble at all with POE or any more recent titles like MHW at high fidelity settings and it did not cost me a fortune at the time. I chose to find the highest quality mid-tier hardware setup and made sure every component ran to as close to 100% as possible, minimising bottlenecks. I also take good care of my operating system, though. Software can be a major factor in PC performance.

Sure, it takes quite some knowledge to be able to do this yourself, but if you lack this knowledge, ask someone else. I enjoy building systems for people in my spare time and making sure they can enjoy the games they like to the max.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Just a troll thread that should be deleted. How can anyone complain about free game comparing it to blizzard games. I played 2 years without any payment and it was fine. They deserve my support after all fun they provided to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info