This game is great, but I won't play it

Yea it would for proper trading with websites etc.

But as I said those stash tabs aint going to give you a good ladder rank cause the top players all have their own guild and guild slaves and parties to get the stuff done and you cant buy that in the mtx shop no matter how many stash tabs you have.
I can buy a fun experience playing any build I want instead of being stuck with the trash SSF gives me tho.
Cosmetic MTX-es ARE stupidly expensive, but you don't need them. What you need is stash tabs & maybe skin transfers. And the game deserves that 20 - 60 bucks.

Therefore, saying that you won't play a good game, because some scorpion pet is overpriced, is quite ridiculous and nitpicky.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I think its rather unfortunate how your character can look good only with purchased microtransactions. I feel this should not be the case.

But its very easy to swap out MTX between characters; donate once, buy something you like and PoE becomes like any other game you buy. But with a lot of replay value and quality to it.

Now if you don't want to spend a cent for your fun, maybe try going for a walk in some park?
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
good, we don't need you here anyway. i'm 19 and have played poe for a long time spending way over 1000$ on this game and i'm not complaining about things being overpriced (anymore) if you can't afford any of the stuff, then at least know that there are people out there like me who aren't rich and are still able to spend great amount of money on games. you are being very cheap and nobody is telling you to COLLECT armors, don't compare Path of Exile to other games, it will be the end of you.
Get some of the cheaper supporter packs which grant you free stuff along with the points, get stuff when they are on sale and spend your money only on stash tabs if you for the time being, you really don't have anything to lose. 1 hour of work equals 6 stash tabs which is well over 12+ hours of collecting cool stuff, buying an armor set is the least of your priority. If you want to be cheap and complain about prices then tell me when was the last time you bough drugs, smokes, candy, unhealthy food and how much you spend on that and i will tell you that spending a little bit of money on an armor set in a game you like isn't really that bad.

K THX
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
ANSWER ME THIS! how many people do you see in towns running around with full mtx gear!? how much do you think they cost!? obviously people are willing to spend all that money on the game because they support it, if you truely like the game so much, then why are you complaining!? like people have already said, this is their business model and all those people you see are people who support that
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Legitimate (if a bit passionate) criticism of overpriced MTX; and, of course, the usual backlash.

@OP

From your strong reaction, I'm guessing you're not familiar with too many other examples of the Free-to-Play model. Besides, wait till you need more stash tabs; that is, if you stick around long enough for that. Then you won't have enough time to complain about purely cosmetic items.

BTW, your biggest mistake was name dropping Diablo Immortal, which is like painting a target on your back. :)

GLHF.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
You know OP while i do agree with you that some of the Prices on the Armour Sets are a bit much.. in fact i would say you would be hard pressed to even find the biggest GGG/POE Fanboy that would actually disagree...

Thing is though im not quite following why this would make "Playing" the game a problem though... I mean i dont think the prices are fair on some of the things like i said before but, i just simply dont buy them... I just move on and ignore them and still get to enjoy the hell out of the content.

Besides in my Exp being a supporter you actually make out better buying Supporter Packs in that case because not only do you get points for buying those overpriced sets but you also get all kinds of MTX and Armour Sets that come with the pack. And those points add up eventually you will get to the point you have points with nothing to spend on.. And then you hold onto those points till you see that set you been eye balling but is just too much go on sale.. THEN you snag it up. I dont think anyone has ever paid that $42 or whatever most sets have... im pretty sure everyone puts those on a watch list and buy once it gets put on sale.. Well then again im also sure theres some people who dont care and buy at normal price but certainly not many... most people look for bargains.

If you dont want to support thats fine too... But the mentality "Well i dont like their prices so i wont play at all" i dont really understand though... If the game is still fun why not still play and have your fun? Seems like you're fairly new to the F2P world.. otherwise you be making a thread about how well GGG do it compared to everyone else... this is the only F2P game ive put any money into.. mostly because of the no P2W shit along with they do give me tons of new content every few months regardless.. which i think is pretty fair and since i do enjoy what GGG give i show my support in return. and i see it as a pretty fair deal for both parties involved. And if at some point GGG no longer produce good content or i no longer enjoy what they are doing... i can make the most powerful vote i can think of... with my wallet.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 15, 2018, 7:46:13 AM
They are at that price because probably people are buyign them lmao.

And yes it is really overpriced but you dont need to buy them. Maybe stash tab for quality of life but they arent expensive.
Last edited by ffogell on Nov 15, 2018, 7:44:47 AM
One reason for the few really crazily overpriced MTX is the "status" these give.

Nobody pays 100 EUR for a cool scorpion if slightly less cool ones cost 15. They get the expensive scorpion to make it visible to others that they've donated to the game.

And that is fine, showing off a donation is totally valid. Whether you think GGG/Tencent needs donations or not is a completely different discussion.
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info