can we please stop the power creep, already? (or better - reverse it)

"
sidtherat wrote:

ive tried to play this game today.. it is sooo boring when you realise that 'this character uses meta stuff and is auto win' and 'this character is a melee 2h non crit' so it is pure garbage

you - as a player - have no impact. if you pick wrong archetype - you are a looser. if you pick poets pen you literally CANNOT fu.. that

You trailed off at the end there buddy, but if it was due to rage then I’m completely with you. Everything you said is true and incredibly frustrating. There are win builds and lose builds, and they’re very clearly defined. Plus, the win ones don’t have much wiggle room for personalization without becoming lose ones. 90-something % of the game’s content is in the lose category.

I never blame people for using the tools available to them, but if anyone’s looking for actual respect/admiration for getting rich playing a meta build you won’t get it from me. Essentially, players who hit the “I win” button can go ahead, no prob, but please don’t talk down to others anymore because we all know the formula and it’s incredibly easy to follow.

I gotta say, the only way for my PoE accomplishments to feel meaningful these days is by intentionally gimping myself with off-meta builds and making up thresholds for myself to reach lol. Maybe that’s not a bad thing, but idk.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
to be fair, i played a "lose" build in delve (gladiator, mace, RT, IR) and i still fared just fine.

no power creep at all. /s
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

I remember the whine after then nerfed ES, and after they removed almost all "Instant leech" mechanics. It was far greater, than from mere changing insignificant charges...
Personally, i completely agree with "Instant leech" removal, and agree that ES deserved some nerfs (though GGG's nerfs to ES were a bit "overkill" for me).

the charges were my choice because they showcase how afraid of their fanbase GGG are. and basically set a precedent for reddit crowd DICTATING a choice

if you listened to the last baeclast, jonathan was on there. as a tech nut, it was definitely good to listen to. jonathan stood by his statement that too much speed is bad for the game, but he basically said they cant remove it abruptly because it will piss off the players

this is a problem, when your players (and not exactly the original players you started with) start dictating shit
"
HerrImHimmel wrote:
If you want to nerf/stop the power creep, as stated, you need to nerf skills and items and thus the characters. That would result in overall slower progression

and ? you're saying as if slow progression is BAD inherently. the fuck ?

"

and more hostility towards players with less experience and/or time.

lol. I got it. you want the game to carebear the fuck out of the player huh

"

Youd need more investment to get the damage, defense and mechanics you want and need for certain encounters.

again, how is this inherently bad ?

you're defending plug and play damage vs actually investing in your gear and making your decisions matter, in a 'hardcore arpg youve been waiting for' ?

am I hearing this correctly ? this is a joke of an argument. why do you want to make the game the same as other shitty ass modern games ?

"

Also whats this all about .. "they should actually try to play other arpgs first"? Not every arpg has to be a clone of d2 and sacred and what not. Some can be faster. Is this another one of those "If you have not listened to Metallica - Master of Puppets you dont know what good heavy metal is! I know the truth" argument?

huh ? its baffling you dont understand this

here's some facts:

1. most arpgs ever made in history are not fast, not even close. I would estimate the median to be around diablo 1 speed if not slower
2. poe at its peak top speed is faster than any arpg that came out
3. speed racers (!) from d2 (another really fast arpg, top 3 in speed with enigma/sorc) come to this game and say that its ridiculous that you one-shot shit.

if a player has played 2.5 arpgs he has no grounds to make a claim about the genre.
yet players love to make blanket statement about the genre based on those games like hes an expert in the field

using your analogy, someone who heard metallica only tries to make a generalized statement about rock. someone who only drove a 2017 camry and 2017 civic to make a generalization about entry-level sedans over 25 years.

only in gaming is such shit actually prominent, which is nonsense. sorry, if you played 1.5 arpgs, you dont get to define what arpgs are supposed to be. you can say you like it fast, but dont tie it up to what you think the subgenre IS when you lack the evidence and experience. you dont notice a wine critic who drank 2.5 bottles of wine his entire life, do you ?
"
HerrImHimmel wrote:
Who would want to see less content and get less done per time invested?

me ?

this is one of THE main problems of modern gamers - they WANT an experience that is as densely packed with as much 'entertainment' as possible per unit of time. and companies, scared shitless that these gamers will quit their game if they don't, simply dump dopamine on them and caress their balls and rim their assholes.

"

Who would be interested in skills and items that are not as good or better than the ones we already have?

me ? not everyone is a dopamine-driven kindargartener who only wants candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner... you know ?

but yes, this is a problem of giving too many toys to kids. it's better to not have given them at all.

"

Why would someone play PoE in 2018 if its too fast and not an older game, thats supposedly so much better?

huh ?

"

And as others already said before: If you dont enjoy the game, dont play it.

this is a worthless statement.
if you dont like it dont play it/if you dont like the country just leave / if you dont like the produce dont consume argument is hilariously basic and bears no merit.

no one is asking you to provide tautologies. in case you havent noticed, people who have concerns about power creep and perceive it as a problem are more invested in the game than to leave it as pump and dump proposition. most of people know they can quit the game if anything, this really doesnt say anything aside from your inability to construct coherent arguments that actually try to justify power creep.

"

Dont play the league, dont pick up that item, dont compare yourself to others if there isnt enough positive appeal to it.

and I have explained 100 times already why arbitrary handicaps are nefariously dumb

"

Member when a 5 digit dps number was alot? You can barely kill map bosses post yellow maps with that now.

you can barely kill a yellow map boss with 10 to 99 k dps ?
this sounds very very untrue in fact, I would estimate a yellow boss in 2013 with 5 digit dps would take far longer than it would take now.

just off the burst flask damage off you unique flasks you never had in 2013, you will down the boss at least twice as fast. AT THE VERY LEAST. And 2013 temple piety, for example, would kill a LOT of players nowadays if she was given enough time. and I mean A LOT. Remember, you couldnt actually be immune to shock, youd get triple shocked super fast with turbo+gmp and croak

I already gave examples why 'harder content' today is a tiny iceberg tip

power creep is measured by AVERAGE CONTENT LEVEL. and average content difficulty dipped down immensely as opposed to 2013 poe. its not comparable. you can throw shit on the wall and you will still clear up to entry level red maps. that would never happen in old poe.
Last edited by grepman on Nov 20, 2018, 2:44:09 AM
btw, uber elder down in kripps league
no stash, ssf. less than 100 hours.

'nuff said

"
me ?

this is one of THE main problems of modern gamers - they WANT an experience that is as densely packed with as much 'entertainment' as possible per unit of time. and companies, scared shitless that these gamers will quit their game if they don't, simply dump dopamine on them and caress their balls and rim their assholes.

Whats so bad about entertainment or dopamine? Isnt that why you play video games?
You should also maybe watch your language and calm down a bit.

...so you evaded all the things said in response to your post(s), but felt THAT warranted saying?

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

"
robmafia wrote:
...so you evaded all the things said in response to your post(s), but felt THAT warranted saying?

Seems so, doesnt it?

I dont feel like investing alot into a conversation with people who dont watch their language, bumb their own thread or just put out oneliners just to provoke a reaction. Atleast thats the feeling im getting here, please correct me if im wrong. I get that have negative feelings, but you shouldnt express them in an official forum. Especially if its the forum of a game/community you enjoy.
Also, the "power-creep" simply wont stop, i think. Player numbers are rising, and they did before the Blizzard announcement, so i guess that there are more players being fine with what the devs want for this game than there arent. I think some players even stated that they didnt like the game years before now, but since came back just recently and are enjoying it, bearing the point that it even might be better now for older players.

But just for the record:
- Someone is not a "dopamine- driven kindergartener", seems like a valid argument.. i guess.
- "Huh"?
- give me a link of one of those 100 times, please. I can read up those explanations.
- Its a statement, yes, and i get why you dont like it. Have you thought about scaling the content up via one of those new private leagues? You could scale up the difficulty that way.
- I didnt say yellow maps, but post yellow maps (red maps). Please, stay witch me here.
Last edited by HerrImHimmel on Nov 20, 2018, 3:58:44 AM
"
HerrImHimmel wrote:

I dont feel like investing alot into a conversation with people who dont watch their language, bumb their own thread or just put out sneazy oneliners just to provoke a reaction. Atleast thats the feeling im getting here, please correct me if im wrong.

you're not only wrong, but you're falsely assigning intent.

you just spoke of "feeling."

facts > feelings

then again, you just used "language" as a criticism in a poorly typed and error-laden paragraph. the irony was not lost on me.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info