[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

I tested a Scion this morning. I was not too impressed.

I lost Totem Placement Speed, Mana Regen. I was literally waiting for my mana to come back so I could cast more. Never had issues with the Hiero. Same gear.

I gained more DPS / Totem - only 3 totems though. About 300 HP.

I went with Chieftan / Slayer. I kept the tree pretty much the same.

The bow (Arborix) might be a good choice. I like the idea of getting 2 more arrows for map clearing. Maybe get rid of Rain of Splinters for bosses?

I ran a PoorJoys to see how well the bow would do. I liked it personally because of the extra arrows & the movement.

I think I will stay with the Hiero & try to get an Arborix.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
^^ wont the movement swap out every 8 secs, i can certainly see arborix being good in off hand, when i played the build on standard i used quill rain in off hand since the fast attack speed felt preferable (still one shot everything aside from bosses).
Last edited by Fhark on Dec 5, 2018, 6:08:04 PM
-
Last edited by 8882 on Dec 8, 2018, 10:32:47 AM
"
Ahewaz wrote:
I tested a Scion this morning. I was not too impressed.

I lost Totem Placement Speed, Mana Regen. I was literally waiting for my mana to come back so I could cast more. Never had issues with the Hiero. Same gear.

I gained more DPS / Totem - only 3 totems though. About 300 HP.

I went with Chieftan / Slayer. I kept the tree pretty much the same.

The bow (Arborix) might be a good choice. I like the idea of getting 2 more arrows for map clearing. Maybe get rid of Rain of Splinters for bosses?

I ran a PoorJoys to see how well the bow would do. I liked it personally because of the extra arrows & the movement.

I think I will stay with the Hiero & try to get an Arborix.

Was also thinking Chieftan / Deadeye to save 4 points in the tree for pierce. And to get more accuracy. Im really into the idea of playing as Scion. But if she cant sustain the mana needed i guess its a no go. I just hate the templar so much. Played him once since beta was released untill now.
Last edited by Jugles on Dec 5, 2018, 6:05:04 PM
Hi guys!

As promissed, I added a (hopefully) better leveling chapter for you before the new league starts.

Do you need more information for leveling, let me know...

Been pretty hyped to bring this build to betrayal - you guys will fall in love with it, for sure.

Cheers
If you go scion, you can get mana regen with the Shaper, Mana Flows, and/or Primal spirit passives, though they each take two nodes to get. The first 2 give you 40% each for 80% total, which is about what the Hierophant gets...Of course, that completely eats your skill points you save from not getting the penetration node.

Edit: There's also a 20% node right next to scion's start, and some 15% mana/0.4% life nodes near the hieorphant's start. So as long as you have skill points to spare, you can manage regen with a scion, I'd think.

I'm leaning hierophant now, just because of how much the Scion loses (Health regen, mana regen, placement speed, and a totem), but still really like the idea of a scion, which I have yet to try at all.
Last edited by Gormu on Dec 5, 2018, 9:40:07 PM
Hi,

Unless I'm missing something, this part of the OP is not correct:

"
But at the same time we get the new "Multiple Totem Support" gem, which will give us +2 totems (for the loss of 20% damage at level 20). So we gain +50% total amount of totem (6 totems) for the loss of 20% damage

You are losing ~45% MORE damage because you're replacing either combustion or WED and incurring 21% LESS damage as a penalty for the multiple totem support gem, for a total of ~65% LESS damage overall.

Add that to the 50% MORE equivalent of adding two more totems leaves you with a net -15% (MORE) damage, I believe.

P.S. I still love this build (I've played it for 2 leagues now), and I still think it'll be fine, I just don't think you want to use multiple totem support.
I put together a Scion based off this - https://pastebin.com/pMeBPGyi (With +1 totem and dead eye). It gains a bunch of nodes by not needing the Scion-Ranger connection, which allows it to mostly compensate for what it loses by not going Hierophant.

4% more base life regen than your build after choosing Oak - could get 1% more with 3 skill nodes, giving up life or damage, or give up a totem for 2% more life regen and leech, by going with Chieftan. It also has 500 more health, and an extra projectile. Has marginally more mana regen, too.

The PoB numbers claim it does about as much damage (<2% less, against something with 75% fire resist, at least), though they aren't taking into account the power charges. Looks like they are taking into account the 12% more damage from the revamped ascendancy, and 4 totems. Could perhaps switch some life for damage to compensate for that. Looks like PoB claims the curse power nodes give the most damage.

Where it really loses out is the totem placement speed - 0.32 seconds instead of 0.23 seconds. There just aren't a whole lot of totem placement speed nodes - the only two I don't have are 7-8 nodes out of the way, in opposite directions.

Attack speed is slower, though attacks hit harder, which is also probably bad for clear speed.

So unless I'm missing something, it seems pretty comparable, just with lower clear speed and the bonus projectile - even has the same life regen, without having to have 4 totems out, which might be nice for delving (unless you go with the new totem support gem, in which case it has less, of course). Also has the ability to only summon one totem at a time, though unclear if that's a good thing or not.

Anyhow, think I've taken up enough of your thread with trying to theorycraft your build into a Scion.
Last edited by Gormu on Dec 6, 2018, 7:32:12 AM
"
Gormu wrote:
I put together a Scion based off this - https://pastebin.com/pMeBPGyi (With +1 totem and dead eye). 4% more base life regen than your build after choosing Oak - could get 1% more with 3 skill nodes, giving up life or damage, or give up a totem for 2% life regen and leech, by going with Chieftan. It also has 500 more health, and an extra projectile. Has marginally more mana regen, too.

The PoB numbers claim it does about as much damage (<2% less, against something with 75% fire resist, at least), though they aren't taking into account the power charges, though looks like they are taking into account the 12% more damage from the revamped ascendancy, and 4 totems. Could perhaps switch some life for damage to compensate for that. Looks like PoB claims the curse power nodes give the most damage

Where it really loses out is the totem placement speed - 0.32 seconds instead of 0.23 seconds. There just aren't a whole lot of totem placement speed nodes - the only two I don't have are 7-8 nodes out of the way, in opposite directions.

Attack speed is slower, though attacks hit harder, which is also probably bad for clear speed.

So unless I'm missing something, it seems pretty comparable, just with lower clear speed - even has the same life regen, without having to have 4 totems out, which might be nice for delving (unless you go with the new totem support gem, in which case it has fewer, of course). Also has the ability to only summon one totem at a time, though unclear if that's a good thing or not. Suppose the flat regen is probably better for delving, at least.

Anyhow, think I've taken up enough of your thread with trying to theorycraft your build into a Scion.

Think im gonna roll with something like this. Although im gonna go with Chieftain + Deadeye. I feel the 3 totems will be enough for me especially when we dont get the "place 2 at the time" as Scion.

https://pastebin.com/2cnZ1i0g

This is what mine looks like atm. Probably alot of room for improvement. If i run into mana problems i can switch the scion starter nodes to the mana side.
Was going to play Toxic Tain again for betrayal, but after the Quill Rain nerf, looking for something new.

This looks pretty cool, going to give it a try tomorrow! Thank you for updating the leveling section!
Last edited by Sidorra on Dec 6, 2018, 6:27:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info