[3.10] OneShotKill Elemental Hit Ballista Hiero - 9.6 million DPS - EZ Boss Killer + budget friendly

I must be missing something, how are you clearing fast? Without GMP or any extra projectiles on elemental hit. I'm confused.

edit I figured it out, splinter rain jewel.
Last edited by evenson on Sep 23, 2018, 4:04:36 AM
I am currently using this build and I can confirm that the clear speed is insane. The only problem I am facing is the survivability...It's like a glass cannon...
"
Kaisersozze wrote:
Could you explain how Avatar of Fire helps this build? all I see is fire damage so I don't understand how this adds damage

1) Most damage multiplier are based on elemental damage increase & fire damage increase.

2) Weapon deals phy -> is converted to fire -> after that it gets buffs from 1)

3) Elemental Hit deals cold + lightnig + fire -> due to the combat focus jewels, we roll fire all the time -> But "avatar of fire" increases this fire roll, because 50% of cold and lightning is converted and goes ontop the regular fire damage of ele hit (insane flat damage buff) -> after that it gets buffs from 1)

The "Damage multiplication chain" need "avatar of fire" to work best.

Hope I explained well...
Cheers
Build sounds interesting and the damage numbers are pretty nuts! I would try it if I hadn't already rolled arc totem and don't feel like playing another totem character.

I haven't had any problems clearing any content with arc totem. But this build seems more defensive and have a higher dps. Does anyone know how it compares to arc totem otherwise in terms of map clearing, delve and general gameplay?
Last edited by Ridman on Sep 23, 2018, 9:56:59 AM
What are pros and cons vs just going ele hit without totems?
Respecced into this today from arc totems and wow. The difference is so huge.

Went from fastish t11s to turbo t14s. Running T15s tomorrow most probably.

I wouldnt mind a quick overview of my gear to just tell me where i went wrong. My flask are poop i know that is also on my list for tomorrow.

I am looking at possible sellibg off my other chars gear and going into this alone is there anything worth upgrading if I had 10-20 ex?

Also if you guys would be interested I could see if I can create a budget/endgame shaper/mapping video.

Let me know if anything stands out.

Things I know need replacing/fixing.

1.Flasks
2.My 2 combat Jewels to 15%
3.Amulet to +1 curse?(worth the cost)
4.Level some gems(auras mostly)

Again thanks for the guide!!!!
"
hackulow wrote:
Respecced into this today from arc totems and wow. The difference is so huge.

Went from fastish t11s to turbo t14s. Running T15s tomorrow most probably.

I wouldnt mind a quick overview of my gear to just tell me where i went wrong. My flask are poop i know that is also on my list for tomorrow.

[...]

Again thanks for the guide!!!!

Hello Sir, I checked your gear and it is good -> I think you should replace the Grace gem with a Vaal Grace gem (for the vaal grace effect = 10s of +34% dodge chance -> "the panic button") -> the rest looks pretty solid so far. Try to get your enchantment on the boots, but for just a few chaos you should get a pair with 15% ingnite and 40% damage to ignited to min max damage for very tiny invest.

You spect every damage note in the passive tree so far, every level up will now grant you more life. next thing I would skill is: "revenge of the hunted" -> solid damage and 8% life note.

Glad you enjoy the build :-)
Cheers
@Ridman
I try to answer (with my imperfect scholastic English) that I did the same thing respec from arc totem to this.

The differences I found compared to totem arc:
1) the totems do not pass the obstacles as with arc, which is able to pass even the corners
2) totems are more fragile and should be summoned much more often
3) totems have a shorter duration, and are more fragile
4) the PNG seems extremely fragile (maybe .... because I miss kaom)
5) it is very expensive to have a high damage and requires specific enchantments on the objects
6) you have to move the character much more than with arc totem
7) the arrows sometimes do not hit the target, but they pass in the middle, very probably you have to place them very close

now let's see what I found good for now ...

1) the damage seems to be more 'more' substantial against the boss, or single target
2) it is faster to clean the maps
3) in the delve behaves well, but against a multitude of small enemies, it is preferable to arc, while it is op against more resistant enemies

the style of play seems similar but it is not the same

for what concerns me for now I will bring forward this character, and then thank you very much, who brought this build.

sorry for my english
Last edited by genegenerator on Sep 24, 2018, 8:29:57 AM
"
Ridman wrote:
Build sounds interesting and the damage numbers are pretty nuts! I would try it if I hadn't already rolled arc totem and don't feel like playing another totem character.

I haven't had any problems clearing any content with arc totem. But this build seems more defensive and have a higher dps. Does anyone know how it compares to arc totem otherwise in terms of map clearing, delve and general gameplay?

I haven´t played Arc Totem this league, but here are some general (personel) suggestions on Arc Totem:

To get solid damage and playstyle you need some very expensive items on an Arc Totem Hiero:
atziri´s reflection = 20+ ex
elder based essence worm = 15+ ex
corrupted soul mantle with +1 lvl socketed gems = 20+ ex
watcher´s eye with double wrath roll = 25+ ex

So you need at least 70ex for a few items to get not even close to the damage of the Ele Hit Totem Build. My whole gear in this guide costs as much as an "atziri´s reflection" and has still very much potential until it hits the ceilling. I´m pretty sure, players with enough currency will overtake me very fast in damage and quality of items.
I´ld like to see that in delve :-)

map clearing: with the piercing and high number of projectiles eveything is onehit on maps within 3 screens, even the t16 elder portals that spawn monsters on elder influenced maps.

delve: I´m at depth 300+ and it is kindergarden. I use enfeeble and phase run in the delve mine. A azurite boss lvl III (the ice dragon) is onehit per phase. My prediction is, that depth 500+ is easy feasable with this build.

The nice thing with my setup in the guide is, that you don´t need to swap gear or something, you have everything already equipped and just need to change auras. I think this makes it quite comfortable...

A guild member of mine respect from arc totem to ele hit totem, because he hit the ceilling on his budget. I´ll ask him to post his thoughts here. they should be more qualified than my words.

Cheers
Last edited by Lunasicc187 on Sep 24, 2018, 10:56:10 AM
Should i use the combat focus jewels asap? Or only when i get certain key items for this build and/or avatar of fire?

Never really tried a totem build but your looks really cool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info