[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

"
Warbeast275 wrote:
Give you give me a simple breakdown of how we get 9 golems pls? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks

1 from the gem itself
1 from weapon
2 from 2 Elementalist skills
3 from amulet
2 from Anima stone jewel (1 for socketing it, 1 for having 3+ primordial jewels)
"
dassoman12345 wrote:
Hello, сan I ask you a couple of questions,
What about delve?
Is this better than 4 flames golems + 4 tuckohama vang.?? (like in other topic "[3.4] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro / Occult / Elementalist")
With best regards!

I don't like spectres all that much and have not played that build

"
Magisch wrote:

Got Hands on this puppy, it'll give the Ball lightning curse on hit setup some more oomph and make it cast faster.

I also noticed in the PoB you link you forego a possible Jewel socket near phase Acro. Yes the projectile damage leading to it is worthless but an 9th jewel socket seems very much worth it. Maybe a couple life nodes can be taken later then intended to secure it. 3 skill points for a whole new eminence seems too good to pass up, especially since it brings our golem's cooldowns more in line with its increased cast speed.

Those gloves are pretty well rolled. I think I would prefer gloves with mana on them for survival over cast speed but it would make the animation smoother

Every build can take less life nodes and more damage ones if you want. I felt my damage was good enough and I wanted more life but cutting life for damage is always an option

"
Maggsi wrote:
Thanks for this guide, Waffle

Just one question :

Why do you take on the right scion socket ( near Necromantic Aegis )attack speed instead of spell damage nodes?
Golems gems have spell in their tag.

All other stuff i have understood and its well written, but this one : i dont get it. Help me please to understand. Thanks.

"spell damage" only effects your own damage not your minions so it will only make your ball lightning do a small amount more damage. This is almost always not useful but will mean you deal more damage to yourself on elemental reflect maps

The attack speed usually does nothing too but if you swap into leap slam to go up a ledge then that will go faster
I did not know that. Learned something again.
Thank you !
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
dassoman12345 wrote:
What about delve?
Is this better than 4 flames golems + 4 tuckohama vang.?? (like in other topic "[3.4] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro / Occult / Elementalist")
With best regards!

I don't like spectres all that much and have not played that build

"
Magisch wrote:

Got Hands on this puppy, it'll give the Ball lightning curse on hit setup some more oomph and make it cast faster.

I also noticed in the PoB you link you forego a possible Jewel socket near phase Acro. Yes the projectile damage leading to it is worthless but an 9th jewel socket seems very much worth it. Maybe a couple life nodes can be taken later then intended to secure it. 3 skill points for a whole new eminence seems too good to pass up, especially since it brings our golem's cooldowns more in line with its increased cast speed.

Those gloves are pretty well rolled. I think I would prefer gloves with mana on them for survival over cast speed but it would make the animation smoother

Every build can take less life nodes and more damage ones if you want. I felt my damage was good enough and I wanted more life but cutting life for damage is always an option

"
Maggsi wrote:
Thanks for this guide, Waffle

Just one question :

Why do you take on the right scion socket ( near Necromantic Aegis )attack speed instead of spell damage nodes?
Golems gems have spell in their tag.

All other stuff i have understood and its well written, but this one : i dont get it. Help me please to understand. Thanks.

"spell damage" only effects your own damage not your minions so it will only make your ball lightning do a small amount more damage. This is almost always not useful but will mean you deal more damage to yourself on elemental reflect maps

The attack speed usually does nothing too but if you swap into leap slam to go up a ledge then that will go faster

Thanks for answering, I have another question though.

I noticed we're using Temporal Chains as our curse. Does it provide any damage benefit or is that purely a safety measure? Would it be worth getting a +1 curse corruption on the amulet and then going for temp chains + flammability?

You could make that happen with CoH support rolled gloves or something like that.
"
Magisch wrote:

Thanks for answering, I have another question though.

I noticed we're using Temporal Chains as our curse. Does it provide any damage benefit or is that purely a safety measure? Would it be worth getting a +1 curse corruption on the amulet and then going for temp chains + flammability?

You could make that happen with CoH support rolled gloves or something like that.

Temp chains is good due to its slow for defensive reasons. It also causes the shock and chills we apply to last longer which is good

Getting +1 curse on the amulet is good but expensive, also not worthwhile unless the amulet is well rolled since curses have such low effectiveness on bosses

If you have a well rolled amulet with +1 curse then you could either get some gloves with temp chains on hit corruption or change the chest into one of the other options and move the ball lightning setup there for 5 or 6 links

For a damage curse I would choose projectile weakness over flammability. We already have combustion and elemental equilibrium to reduce resistances so proj weakness gives more damage and knockback
thanks for build but rip my FPS when golems start attack :(
I'm really glad I decided to try this setup out when I had the urge to play a golemancer. I love the 'ninja' playstyle; whether that was the intention or not is a different discussion. I've been chain casting Phase Run, racing through packs to the back line and Convocation my golems into the rear while I pop off a single GMP Ball Lightning for shock/curse.

Should have called this the "Nothing Personal, Kid" build.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
"
dassoman12345 wrote:
What about delve?
With best regards!

I can say with 100% certainty that as an Elementalist build the Flame Golem 101 build is grossly inferior to this setup. If you want to use golems as a necro it's fine because then your spectres won't be absolute trash.

The lynch pin of this setup is the Primordial Chain which disallows any other minions (it's why no AG setup). Being able to reach 9 golems adds a ton of power to the build that many people aren't accounting for when they rate it's overall strength. For example Liege of the Primordial gives us 225% golem buff effectiveness because of how many we have. That makes Stone Golem alone give us around 400+ life per second. Elemancer gives us 180% golem damage for running 9 as well. Both of these are not a part of the Necro version shown in Flame Golem 101.

And my personal pick for why Elementalist versions are better is so simple: elemental immunity for golems. There are so few enemies that pose any sort of threat to the golems that can't be dealt with through their elemental immunity + massive regen from Harmony stacking. Shaper basically can't hurt them at all and Uber Elder barely can. They also can't kill themselves to Atziri/Uber Atziri's mirror clone.

I've not run into the third Delve boss yet but I foresee zero problems.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
Only level 52 so far, but it feels like I'm the deletionist incarnate - I'm deleting any enemy my golems decide to engage.

This kind of damage combined with empowered temp chains (+curse effect from CoH quality + Temp chains quality) and a later seriously high life pool including with MoM probably makes this one of the safest builds to play period.

Phase run + 2 quicksilver flasks make it really speedy too.

You could even get away with running another utility flask instead of the second life flask, like a quartz flask for dodging or an elemental resist flask depending on what you're farming (like cold res for uber elder).

Cool stuff.

If you sac 12% Life from tree compared to OP or simply level to 96, you can even have 11 jewels, that's 10 primordial harmonies.

With 20% life reg / s + the ridiculous life regen from the stone golem + elemental immunity + the resists from the shield from the golems they're literally undestroyable by anything I think. Not even uber elder would be able to outhurt the ridiculous golem regen
Last edited by Magisch on Sep 16, 2018, 8:51:26 AM
"

The lynch pin of this setup is the Primordial Chain which disallows any other minions (it's why no AG setup). Being able to reach 9 golems adds a ton of power to the build that many people aren't accounting for when they rate it's overall strength. For example Liege of the Primordial gives us 225% golem buff effectiveness because of how many we have. That makes Stone Golem alone give us around 400+ life per second. Elemancer gives us 180% golem damage for running 9 as well. Both of these are not a part of the Necro version shown in Flame Golem 101.

And my personal pick for why Elementalist versions are better is so simple: elemental immunity for golems. There are so few enemies that pose any sort of threat to the golems that can't be dealt with through their elemental immunity + massive regen from Harmony stacking. Shaper basically can't hurt them at all and Uber Elder barely can. They also can't kill themselves to Atziri/Uber Atziri's mirror clone.

I've not run into the third Delve boss yet but I foresee zero problems.

I agree that immunity to elemental damage is what makes golems shine and prevents the need to heavily invest in life. Being able to run elemental reflect maps is also pretty important, I run random unidentified maps with no fear

The elementalist nodes are stupidly worded, the golem buff effect is actually only per different kind of golem so its 100% increased effect not 225%. This can be tested by watching your life regen status tab as you summon each golem or many golems

The second node giving damage per golem doesn't match the wording of the jewels or the other node so we have no idea if its only counting different kinds of golems or total number of golems and I don't think we have a way of testing it

I've done a few of the end delve bosses and it went fine

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info