[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

"
dsata wrote:
Waffle - thinking out loud here as I still am set on going CI... I have a bow I can bound craft with minion damage and make it +3... with Empower and 21 flame.. level 27 golems and we lose 1 golem... We can use soul strike quiver for 120 ES.. I don’t care about shield as I can craft minion attack and cast speed on wpn too..850 ES Vaal regalia and hubris with 400 ES with -fire res near enemies with 40 % more Flame Golem damage lab enchant. I can run a sick curse setup in Armor or just not run anything who cares as long as ES is high.

What do you think?

Here is my projected CI occultist build. Was planned for ice golem not flame but can be swapped between them pretty easily

https://pastebin.com/g8wdi1vV

I find my builds tend to get refined more when I actually play them into endgame so this still has several things undecided. Aspect of spider is a possibility. 3rd curse is tempting but has next to 0 effect on shaper/guardians.

I had not yet determined if the golems needed purity of elements to be able to survive elemental damage in high tier content or could survive off lvl 27 life and regen

Swapping a curse into blasphemy is less efficient but auto triggering proflame blooms feels really good

I managed to get more damage in occultist then I thought I would so it probably is worth sacrificing elementalist damage for the extra survival. Stun immunity and recharge is pretty important on CI

I did play and start gearing the character and it seemed pretty solid but primordial harmonies are expensive this league and it was too similar in playstyle to my zombie witch I just played so decided to move on for now
Waffle - I am not in any way making this my final build I just wanted to show you what I was saying in terms of bow, helm lab enchant, and vaal regalia with the listed gems. I didnt even edit boots, rings, boots... etc... to get above 10k ES. Here is the general idea while still keeping Elementalist. What about -fire res on Hubris circlet for nearby enemies?

https://pastebin.com/eaSnYbcW

PS - I just noticed your Pastebin and it looks awesome - a lot of what I was looking at. What about extra curse since we path that way anyway and its only 3 extra points? Then we can run things like Enfeeble, Temp Chains, and maybe something like Elemental Weakness or even Flammability since most of the stuff in the game is mapping. I can swap out during guardians / shaper easily since we already are spec'd into extra curse as Occulist. Just thinking out loud.

More thinking out loud... i see a Memory Vault on sale in HC with Flame Golem enchant. Would a Hubris be better with same enchant? I have the hubris already and was going to do -fire nearby enemies.
Last edited by dsata on Jan 13, 2019, 10:33:59 PM
"
dsata wrote:
Waffle - I am not in any way making this my final build I just wanted to show you what I was saying in terms of bow, helm lab enchant, and vaal regalia with the listed gems. I didnt even edit boots, rings, boots... etc... to get above 10k ES. Here is the general idea while still keeping Elementalist.

https://pastebin.com/eaSnYbcW

Yeah pretty much the same tree and concept in both. I took the left path to get up to 155 strength for war banner that ice golems need but either route works for flame golems

I think don't think you'll get 10k ES by changing boots and rings into best in slot items with that tree.

Before I was leaning elementalist as the qol of +2 golems and damage is hard to give up but after working on ES trees I've swapped and now can't think to give up stun immunity, +1 curse, 10% less damage taken (Malidiction) and the Wicked ward + Vile Basion will prevent death to chip damage preventing ES recharge from doing its work

This is likely going to come down to playstyle preference
I have two rings with 10 % ES increased / 47 flat ES and I am talking about other pieces as well scaling. I think I can get 10k ES easy with elementalist with good gear but then why struggle when I can get way more with Occulist. I just want to incorporate CI because I tried life multiple times with your build and the 1 shots are ridiculous.

In terms of Watcher's Eye, which would you get in this case? Faster Recharge rate or? And what are your thoughts on fossil crafting with bound fossils to get +1 and up to 7x minion damage then multi mod for the others stuff? I can also get a Primordial Chain ammy with +1 curses :)? 4 curses... or just not spec into top at all and run it that way. But imagine 4 curses for mapping...
Last edited by dsata on Jan 13, 2019, 10:50:52 PM
"
dsata wrote:
I have two rings with 10 % ES increased / 47 flat ES and I am talking about other pieces as well scaling. I think I can get 10k ES easy with elementalist with good gear but then why struggle when I can get way more with Occulist. I just want to incorporate CI because I tried life multiple times with your build and the 1 shots are ridiculous.

In terms of Watcher's Eye, which would you get in this case? Faster Recharge rate or? And what are your thoughts on fossil crafting with bound fossils to get +1 and up to 7x minion damage then multi mod for the others stuff?

Yeah ES is really good this league. Extra quality on everything, crafting made easier. Everything is more expensive so its not quite the league starter like this life character was back when I made it. With heavy investment ES is definitely better

This is the bow I made for my zombies character. The needed prefix are +1 socketed gems & +2 socketed support gems.

The last Prefix I crafted minion life and damage. Essence crafting +2 to fire gems or delve crafting +1 to strength gems would be better then the minion life and damage craft but more expensive and time consuming to hit. Many chances for failure

EDIT: oh apparently +1 strength gems is a suffix I thought it was a prefix. that makes things easier and you can skip multimod altogether. That would mean you only need to hit +1 socketed gems, +1 strength gems and an open prefix to craft +2 socketed support gems. Damage will only be better if you also multimod in some of the damage crafts though

Clarity mana = base ES is just always good. Discipline faster start of recharge is good too but probably more then you need on occultist
Last edited by WaffleT on Jan 13, 2019, 11:37:57 PM
Awesome man and 1 final thing - if i wanted to do curses - what are your thoughts? I was thinking Temp Chains + Enhance (l4) + Blasphemy + Enfeeble
Last edited by dsata on Jan 13, 2019, 11:27:25 PM
"
dsata wrote:
Awesome man and 1 final thing - if i wanted to do curses - what are your thoughts? I was thinking Temp Chains + Enhance (l4) + Blasphemy + Enfeeble

Temp chains is good on an ES recharge character. So is aspect of the spider.

Flammability is good but flame golems already lower their resistance a ton with EE and combustion so enfeeble probably better

Biggest choice is which to put on blasphemy and which to put on curse on hit. Reserving mana takes space from defensive auras like purities or offensive ones like aspect of the spider but auto cursing for proflane bloom is really good

Curse application I would choose either Rain of Arrows + faster attacks or Storm brand + chain. colouring the chest with enough green sockets could be an issue but you want something smooth to apply while mapping
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
dsata wrote:

Temp chains is good on an ES recharge character. So is aspect of the spider.

Flammability is good but flame golems already lower their resistance a ton with EE and combustion so enfeeble probably better

Biggest choice is which to put on blasphemy and which to put on curse on hit. Reserving mana takes space from defensive auras like purities or offensive ones like aspect of the spider but auto cursing for proflane bloom is really good

Curse application I would choose either Rain of Arrows + faster attacks or Storm brand + chain. colouring the chest with enough green sockets could be an issue but you want something smooth to apply while mapping

Let’s say I can color my chest with right greens... I presume something like rain or arrows, faster attacks, curse on hit, enfeeble, temp chains, and ele weakness? That would give me 4 green and two blue isn’t bad at all and it leaves all of our mana for defensive stuff right?
levelling this build now on hyc and my golems fall over to betrayal not sure where i went wrong apart from not getting minion life on the tree as it was not in your levelling tree and i have only just swapped to the golems
Waffle - I am 91 now and almost 12k es... what are your thoughts on gear and where could you improve?

1. I ran out of exalts but I was "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed" and double slamming my boots to try and get T1 res with Int... I was able to get max res with all my current gear. Here is the POB:

https://pastebin.com/2jqRGyNn

Thoughts? PS i took extra 3 ES nodes around Foresight until I level up then I can respec those 3 and go for the jewel slot on the dex side where proje dmg is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info