[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

"
dsata wrote:
Waffle - I am 91 now and almost 12k es... what are your thoughts on gear and where could you improve?

1. I ran out of exalts but I was "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed" and double slamming my boots to try and get T1 res with Int... I was able to get max res with all my current gear. Here is the POB:

https://pastebin.com/2jqRGyNn

Thoughts? PS i took extra 3 ES nodes around Foresight until I level up then I can respec those 3 and go for the jewel slot on the dex side where proje dmg is.

Gear looks really solid you've made all the upgrades I would think off the top of my head

You can corrupt the quiver with lightning or cold damage to bow attacks and then change your ring into a "discipline has 20% increased effect" corruption

Some good amulet corruptions available too, discipline effect, +1 curse, +1 max resistances

Your tree looks solid. You've chosen to go double blasphemy curse which is reasonable but Sovereignty is better then Charisma. Gains an extra 100 or so ES recharge from extra aura effect on discipline. Since you have some spare mana you could even lower your mana pool by another 4% and take the 6% aura node instead of double 4% reduced reservation for extra ES
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
dsata wrote:
Waffle - I am 91 now and almost 12k es... what are your thoughts on gear and where could you improve?

1. I ran out of exalts but I was "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed" and double slamming my boots to try and get T1 res with Int... I was able to get max res with all my current gear. Here is the POB:

https://pastebin.com/2jqRGyNn

Thoughts? PS i took extra 3 ES nodes around Foresight until I level up then I can respec those 3 and go for the jewel slot on the dex side where proje dmg is.

Gear looks really solid you've made all the upgrades I would think off the top of my head

You can corrupt the quiver with lightning or cold damage to bow attacks and then change your ring into a "discipline has 20% increased effect" corruption

Some good amulet corruptions available too, discipline effect, +1 curse, +1 max resistances

Your tree looks solid. You've chosen to go double blasphemy curse which is reasonable but Sovereignty is better then Charisma. Gains an extra 100 or so ES recharge from extra aura effect on discipline. Since you have some spare mana you could even lower your mana pool by another 4% and take the 6% aura node instead of double 4% reduced reservation for extra ES

Well Waffle you are going to hate me but I have to admit that you were right :(.. even with almost perf gear (not knowing how much more two Harmony Jewls will do at level 95)... I can say that the damage blows a big donkey wang... for clearing maps it’s bar none one of the best and fastest... In terms of bossing... I barely did guardians and the golems get melted..compare it to agony crawler that did 3 mil shaper dps where I one shot everything. I just need to find a happy medium. I can tell that I need a happy medium here and not sure what it is...

Given I have most of the gear, I may want to swap back to life. My biggest concert is the one shots... I tried this build twice before (only got to level 80 thought) and got one shot both times.
Last edited by dsata on Jan 15, 2019, 12:56:01 AM
"
dsata wrote:

Well Waffle you are going to hate me but I have to admit that you were right :(.. even with almost perf gear (not knowing how much more two Harmony Jewls will do at level 95)... I can say that the damage blows a big donkey wang... for clearing maps it’s bar none one of the best and fastest... In terms of bossing... I barely did guardians and the golems get melted..compare it to agony crawler that did 3 mil shaper dps where I one shot everything. I just need to find a happy medium. I can tell that I need a happy medium here and not sure what it is...

Given I have most of the gear, I may want to swap back to life. My biggest concert is the one shots... I tried this build twice before (only got to level 80 thought) and got one shot both times.

I was worried about that. My build with zombies they had 31k Life but I would need to use minion life support to up them to 50k before they could survive uber elder and they have capped resistances.

Golems have more regen then I got on the zombies so I wondered if that would keep them up. Did you try purity of elements? Maybe with Influence to up them to 74%, should more then halve the lighting/cold damage they are taking

In terms of damage that sucks. I know occultist was losing DPS but I was hoping that could be made up elsewhere. Its hard to find reliable recovery on minion builds, with this leagues damage I've only gone with life gain on hit ROA or ES recharge occultist but she struggles on the damage front
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
dsata wrote:

I was worried about that. My build with zombies they had 31k Life but I would need to use minion life support to up them to 50k before they could survive uber elder and they have capped resistances.

Golems have more regen then I got on the zombies so I wondered if that would keep them up. Did you try purity of elements? Maybe with Influence to up them to 74%, should more then halve the lighting/cold damage they are taking

In terms of damage that sucks. I know occultist was losing DPS but I was hoping that could be made up elsewhere. Its hard to find reliable recovery on minion builds, with this leagues damage I've only gone with life gain on hit ROA or ES recharge occultist but she struggles on the damage front

Yea I may have to go to Elementist - I will need to figure out other options for more life and resistances. I just want a reliable mapper and solid boss killer... maybe I need to do Dans storm brand build.. I hate vortex and don’t want to go that route.
"
dsata wrote:

Yea I may have to go to Elementist - I will need to figure out other options for more life and resistances. I just want a reliable mapper and solid boss killer... maybe I need to do Dans storm brand build.. I hate vortex and don’t want to go that route.

Yeah I would never play something I don't like playing, having fun is more important.

There is plenty of good options around although sometimes it takes some time to realise that a particular one is either too weak or just not for you. This league I had 4 scrapped attempts and 2 successful ones that went really well and I think that a decent ratio
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
dsata wrote:

Yeah I would never play something I don't like playing, having fun is more important.

There is plenty of good options around although sometimes it takes some time to realise that a particular one is either too weak or just not for you. This league I had 4 scrapped attempts and 2 successful ones that went really well and I think that a decent ratio

I am just such a huge golem fan and always have been so I want t figure out how I can make this work ;(
what do you think of the queen's hunger for this build as we dont run a offering this would boost our damage and defance if using a rare shield

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Queen%27s_Hunger
Waffle - anything changing in the new patch?
Hello, I did uberelder with this build in 3.6 Standard League, still viable. I changed nothing and followed guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info