[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

Which is better for this build?
In your PoB example it shows a rough form of 50k dps per golem, for a total of 450k.

That seems on the low side for high tier maps and things like shaper.

Is PoB calculating wrong or is this build's dps just lackluster?
"
dandi34547 wrote:

First one is impressive but golems are not attacks so the crit does nothing and the minion life is kinda unneeded so its really a minion damage and 30% more helm.

Second one is better with conc effect, minion damage & +2 to minion gems. I don't think the golems do enough ignite damage to make the burning damage support do anything but I could be wrong.

"
Magisch wrote:
In your PoB example it shows a rough form of 50k dps per golem, for a total of 450k.

The reason why I don't give a damage number in the build is that Pob misses too many things. That DPS number is for 1 orb but flame golems throw out 5 per cast and they can overlap. Also the elementalist 180% increased golem damage is not being included, or the 20% more damage from shock

Many skills in Poe involve things like overlapping AOE, shotgunning, duration stacking that result in DPS numbers that cannot be compared to anything other then another build using the same skill as their actual DPS is context dependent and needs to be played or seen to measure
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
dandi34547 wrote:

First one is impressive but golems are not attacks so the crit does nothing and the minion life is kinda unneeded so its really a minion damage and 30% more helm.

Second one is better with conc effect, minion damage & +2 to minion gems. I don't think the golems do enough ignite damage to make the burning damage support do anything but I could be wrong.

"
Magisch wrote:

The reason why I don't give a damage number in the build is that Pob misses too many things. That DPS number is for 1 orb but flame golems throw out 5 per cast and they can overlap. Also the elementalist 180% increased golem damage is not being included, or the 20% more damage from shock

Many skills in Poe involve things like overlapping AOE, shotgunning, duration stacking that result in DPS numbers that cannot be compared to anything other then another build using the same skill as their actual DPS is context dependent and needs to be played or seen to measure

Thanks for the Answer. I'm looking to try this build, this is what i've bought so far, what do you think?

I have another helmet that I'm not sure if it's better then the first one:

What do you think?

Also, is there a reason we're not using Chaos golem somewhere? Is that a limitation of Gemslots?
Last edited by Magisch on Sep 15, 2018, 8:30:57 AM
"
Magisch wrote:

What do you think?

Also, is there a reason we're not using Chaos golem somewhere? Is that a limitation of Gemslots?

Evasion helmet is better. They are both concentrated effect and immolate but minion damage support is better then +2 to socketed gems.

Last I checked 6 damaging golems and 3 support ones is the best damage ratio but this does depend on how many primordial harmonies you have and their damage roll.

You could use chaos golem instead of stone golem. Its 8% physical reduction or 200 life regen. Either seems good. I have not tested chaos golem but since its not an elemental golem its not immune to elemental damage so it would hopefully have good AI and life
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Magisch wrote:

What do you think?

Evasion helmet is better. They are both concentrated effect and immolate but minion damage support is better then +2 to socketed gems.

Last I checked 6 damaging golems and 3 support ones is the best damage ratio but this does depend on how many primordial harmonies you have and their damage roll.

You could use chaos golem instead of stone golem. Its 8% physical reduction or 200 life regen. Either seems good. I have not tested chaos golem but since its not an elemental golem its not immune to elemental damage so it would hopefully have good AI and life

Would it be worth to try & get a +1 additional curse corruption on the amulet and add flammability to the curse line up?
Hello, сan I ask you a couple of questions,
What about delve?
Is this better than 4 flames golems + 4 tuckohama vang.?? (like in other topic "[3.4] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro / Occult / Elementalist")
With best regards!

Got Hands on this puppy, it'll give the Ball lightning curse on hit setup some more oomph and make it cast faster.

I also noticed in the PoB you link you forego a possible Jewel socket near phase Acro. Yes the projectile damage leading to it is worthless but an 9th jewel socket seems very much worth it. Maybe a couple life nodes can be taken later then intended to secure it. 3 skill points for a whole new eminence seems too good to pass up, especially since it brings our golem's cooldowns more in line with its increased cast speed.
Last edited by Magisch on Sep 15, 2018, 5:59:02 PM
Give you give me a simple breakdown of how we get 9 golems pls? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks
Thanks for this guide, Waffle

Just one question :

Why do you take on the right scion socket ( near Necromantic Aegis )attack speed instead of spell damage nodes?
Golems gems have spell in their tag.

All other stuff i have understood and its well written, but this one : i dont get it. Help me please to understand. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info