[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

Hi Waffle nice build
Im playing on HC what changes would you recommend to be safer?
I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for this build. I switched over from a level 40 skele build into this one last night on xbox and what a "blast" to play. The items, like the necklace, wraithlord and clayshaper were fairly cheap to purchase. Only problem I had at being around that low level and trying to get the strength and dex to equip the items but one pair of boots with +50 str and +50 dex solved it for the short term until i progress through the tree more.

As it stands right now, around level 42, I have 5 flame golems and as fast as I can run through the maps is as fast as they kill stuff, even though when I switched last night they were level 1's.. Its a lot of fun to play, thanks again.
"
WaffleT wrote:

Evasion and dodge are not actually connected mechancis. I picked up the dodge as it had low opportunity cost and phase acro works on spells while evasion requires more investment and does nothing against spells. Its not bad but I prefer keeping the mana for MOM

- Flesh offering is not bad but the time spent keeping it maintained could be spent on other things. Even with many jewels the cooldown on the golems orb skill is still higher then their cast speed especially since they have frenzy charges so giving them more cast speed while still good is less good as giving them 'more damage' through other means

- Without Primordial chain we have 3 support golems and 3 damage ones. With chain we have 3 support and 6 damage. So damage is 100% more and then 35% less. Chain also gives movement speed and more golems improve clearspeed. Its a bit more complicated then that but TLDR chain is good for damage

- This build uses flame golems who use spells that cannot miss. The new accuracy nodes only work on attack moves like Ice golems use. I've heard Ice golems are also good and have been tempted to try them out properly but they use different gems and a different tree/gear to get the accuracy they need. It would probably be a different build

Evasion comment seems reasonable to me and I see the point.

Comment related flesh offering, the reason you are not using it is super clear. But, I still cannot imagine the golems without the aggressive AI. Default golems won't attack anything if you're moving around. In any case, the Might Primordial stone is a matter of preference. "P

Accuracy on golems (hard to find official information), is something I do understand now and thanks to you.

Keep it up!

"
bobothewizard wrote:
I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for this build. I switched over from a level 40 skele build into this one last night on xbox and what a "blast" to play. The items, like the necklace, wraithlord and clayshaper were fairly cheap to purchase. Only problem I had at being around that low level and trying to get the strength and dex to equip the items but one pair of boots with +50 str and +50 dex solved it for the short term until i progress through the tree more.

As it stands right now, around level 42, I have 5 flame golems and as fast as I can run through the maps is as fast as they kill stuff, even though when I switched last night they were level 1's.. Its a lot of fun to play, thanks again.

To achieve the stats requirements, please, don't hesitate on picking up fat strength or dexterity nodes. You will find at least 3 along the way to the edges so it's an easy invest early on!

Thank you for a very nice guide! First flame golem guide I've followed that I am happy with the result. Maybe because the golems are not aggressive and you can order them around with ball lightning Grim Dawn minion style or maybe 6 golems are very OP because of the amulet, I don't know. Anyways this was the first time I had the patience to actually level a golem character to 90+ and try to tackle the end game and I'm glad I did. Got my first uber elder kill with this!! Don't have a video of it tho because I used all the portals and it's not pretty but it's a start! Chayula was pretty comfortable tho, killed him before I noticed you had transitioned to dodge from the original tree, which I did as well after that. Video of the kill for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hXw2SRKOqY

I opted not to use Kaom's Heart because I got lucky and got a well rolled Loreweave with 2 divines and managed to 6 link it with 300 fuses. The added elemental resistances come in handy in Delves and I actually use 6 link curse on hit setup with faster projectiles as 5th link for ball lightning qol and knockback/increased duration as 6th. Knockback is amazing in delves and Increased duration is just something I use for temp chains for bossing because I couldn't figure out anything else. Primordial chain for +1 curses would be a dream so enfeeble could be used as a second curse but they are pretty expensive and I haven't gotten around trying to corrupt one myself yet.
Last edited by LaBBe_ on Sep 13, 2018, 2:44:31 PM
"
BigWood1e wrote:
Hi Waffle nice build
Im playing on HC what changes would you recommend to be safer?

I already focus much of the build on defenses so I'm not sure. Perhaps shield charge fortify but as I mention that has its own danger of facetanking more hits

"
LaBBe_ wrote:
Knockback is amazing in delves and Increased duration is just something I use for temp chains for bossing because I couldn't figure out anything else. Primordial chain for +1 curses would be a dream so enfeeble could be used as a second curse but they are pretty expensive and I haven't gotten around trying to corrupt one myself yet.

Glad you enjoyed it too. Corrupting for double curse is the best but I would consider elemental proliferation support as your 6th link for +20% chance to shock and +30% shock/chill duration
"
MinDokan wrote:
But, I still cannot imagine the golems without the aggressive AI. Default golems won't attack anything if you're moving around. In any case, the Might Primordial stone is a matter of preference.

I'm confused people keep saying this. First golem build ever for me, but I have no problems with the golem default ai. Maybe it's my 99% move speed chain, but they go around on their own attacking anything in sight, even when I'm moving as fast as possible (movespeed flask + phase).
"
"
MinDokan wrote:
But, I still cannot imagine the golems without the aggressive AI. Default golems won't attack anything if you're moving around. In any case, the Might Primordial stone is a matter of preference.

I'm confused people keep saying this. First golem build ever for me, but I have no problems with the golem default ai. Maybe it's my 99% move speed chain, but they go around on their own attacking anything in sight, even when I'm moving as fast as possible (movespeed flask + phase).

Well, maybe it's because of the new amulet. Golems are super fast now.
"
"
MinDokan wrote:

Can confirm that the Primordial Chain's movement speed is the reason I feel the Might is not necessary anymore. I actually tried this setup with the Might because it dropped for me and noticed no difference other than I could stand a little further away from harms way in Delve encounters and I can afk the Lair boss.

"
WaffleT wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it too. Corrupting for double curse is the best but I would consider elemental proliferation support as your 6th link for +20% chance to shock and +30% shock/chill duration

Didn't think of that, might have to test it out, thanks for the suggestion!
nvm
Last edited by Magisch on Sep 13, 2018, 5:09:15 PM
Last edited by Chima on Sep 14, 2018, 11:34:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info