[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

Anything think its worth dropping phase acro and grabbing the +1 curse node? Enfeeble and temp chains sounds op. then we can rerout the tree to be a little more efficient on hp nodes also
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
"
kmaldona wrote:
Anything think its worth dropping phase acro and grabbing the +1 curse node? Enfeeble and temp chains sounds op. then we can rerout the tree to be a little more efficient on hp nodes also

You can get +1 Curse on the amulet as a corruption if you have 8+ ex to burn.

Not sure how you'd apply temp chains though, you'd miss a jewel socket for that unless you use arc.
"
kmaldona wrote:

I did math on % Less damage taken factoring in + curse effect and curse resistance

Temp chains & Enfeeble

Mob - 37%, 33%
Boss - 14%, 13%
Shaper - 7%, 6%

Enfeeble grants extra evade chance probably adding another 2-10% chance to evade attacks depending on your evasion rating and target

Acrobactics is psudo 40% less attack and 30% less spell damage taken for 5 points. It takes 6 points to get whispers of doom

I spent some time theorycrafting on using a 6-link Cospri's Will for additional curse with enhance to boost its effectiveness but any investment plummets in value when you look at their effect on bosses.

Corrupting the amulet is mostly good because it has no opportunity cost except price
Was able to get a +1 Chain. Running enfeeble and temp chains with no gmp. Still curses everything in the area. Im playing in hc so the extra defense is nice
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
kmaldona wrote:

I did math on % Less damage taken factoring in + curse effect and curse resistance

Temp chains & Enfeeble

Mob - 37%, 33%
Boss - 14%, 13%
Shaper - 7%, 6%

Enfeeble grants extra evade chance probably adding another 2-10% chance to evade attacks depending on your evasion rating and target

Acrobactics is psudo 40% less attack and 30% less spell damage taken for 5 points. It takes 6 points to get whispers of doom

I spent some time theorycrafting on using a 6-link Cospri's Will for additional curse with enhance to boost its effectiveness but any investment plummets in value when you look at their effect on bosses.

Corrupting the amulet is mostly good because it has no opportunity cost except price

How would you recommend getting the additional curse on targets? Just use arc instead of Ball lightning or forego GMP?

Also, is enfeedble or projectile weakness better?
im still using ball lightning for cursing. It is doing fine
I've got to maps now. 3.5k life 1.5k mana, resists cap, using phase acrobats as the guide says but i'm feeling squishy as fck WHEN i get hit. Something is missing?
"
darkspawnbr10 wrote:
"
Thuking wrote:
Last time I played during Harbingers it was Flame golems and NOW I am playing Flame golems again thanks to this guide!

I crafted a helmet but i don't know which is better do you guys think?

I want to use the bone helmet but its missing minion dmg.

Hey, do u mind telling how u crafted the bone?

Scorched fossil spamming probably used 4ex worth.

Recently I took out Necromantic Aegis because from spamming t14+ maps my playstyle is to just run past all mobs with phase run and quicksilver flasks but sometimes if they hit me I would die by getting 1 shot by a group of mobs, I don't really know what else I could do to upgrade my gear as Im using magic find build basically, however now that I have a shield I feel so much tankier and the damage loss doesn't feel like I have lost a lot and Im not getting 1 banged anymore unless I play really dum.

Current Gear could probably use a better shield but I think its the best since it has quantity.

Hey, great guide. I wanted to play golems and out of all the guides I've found yours seemed to give the best explanations.

Two questions though:
- should you swap GMP for something else for endgame bosses? Slower Projectiles for instance?
- how about Chaos Golem? It would give a great boost with Primordial Harmony. Is it just because it doesn't fit in a socket anymore?

EDIT: Also I got these gloves for relatively cheap, think it's a good idea for this build to put the Ball Lightning in
Last edited by gamboy on Sep 25, 2018, 11:31:03 AM
I made some changes and my final gear looks like as follows:

Spoiler

Previous gear was as follows:

Spoiler

What do you think about swapping my previous gloves with Command of the Pit?

Please note that Command of the Pit is Corrupted with Temporal Chains on Hit. So I am swapping 5 link gloves with 4 link gloves having a ghastly eye jewel providing "6% chance to blind on hit with minion attacks & 4% chance to hinder enemies & reduce their movement speed 30%.

Does curse on hit support in glove still make sense or should I replace it with something else (if so, any suggestion of replacement?)?

Last edited by NEPHAN on Sep 25, 2018, 12:37:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info