[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

I saw your build and decided to give it a go... With a twist of course.

One of the most annoying things is getting the little bastages to attack a target. You end up standing there like a big target casting ball lightning with curse... there has to be an alternative.

What I did...

I equipped soulmantel and added 3 arc totems to the build. golems are in the helm. Chernoble shield for enfeeble curse. And off we went.

Play style is great... Totems curse and shock. Clear out trash. Make lab supper easy. If the totem is hitting it the little bastages follow suit. Damage with 3 is over 30k.

Play style now is drop and run... no standing as a target and casting. Evasion seems to gel well with this play style. Uber lab at 76 was easiest I have ever done.

I was running delves 5 levels above my own while leveling the build. Lots of DPS. One other benefit is if you lose the golems the totems will carry the day. One of the delve encounters spawned 6 super heros that promptly killed my golems. The totems saved the day!!!

Still playing with gear...

Last edited by Nightstone13 on Sep 23, 2018, 1:42:53 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
NEPHAN wrote:
It is an amazing build. I am really enjoying it. I am currently at level 83 and I am quite happy about the state of my character item-wise.

Glad people are enjoying the build.

Thats good gear, Good to get the optional upgrades like the blind gloves and such. I'm surprised that you have not been having trouble sustaining mana on threats with your lower life:mana ratio and not having suped up mana flasks from arcane chemistry

The lavianga's spirit tech choice is interesting but I don't think I could give up my instant flasks. Double tap and you are back up to full regardless of what damage you took. I don't really value free mana costs at all, normal use is so low it might as well not exist and if you are ever in a situation where you have completely run out of mana then you are also in a situation where you need to get it back right now for defense not over time where you could die. Personal taste though

I'm using Lavianga's and the good thing about it is that it completly carries the "Out of mana so can't cast" thing that happens to you while darkness farming and on tough bosses. It also just restores a lot.
I switched my totems over from arc to freezing pulse. Pure magic in the mine.

Cost two gem slots for the threshold jewels. Dps on 3 totems is over 60k right now base.

freezing pulse has a 25% freeze chance up close. Everything in the mine is pretty much in your face. The result is everything gets shocked, burned and frozen. Anything not frozen is usually gimped with enfeeble unless its curse proof.

Very tanky right now...

For bosses that can be frozen... Its a done deal.

NS

wanted to add im doing mine content at level. Im 79 right now at level 206. Cake...
Last edited by Nightstone13 on Sep 23, 2018, 1:59:06 PM
"
Magisch wrote:

I'm using Lavianga's and the good thing about it is that it completly carries the "Out of mana so can't cast" thing that happens to you while darkness farming and on tough bosses. It also just restores a lot.

The reason i said I didn't value the free mana costs was that I never ever encountered the "Out of mana so can't cast" thing. Darkness farming went smoothly just tapping the instant mana flask if I was taking damage to keep my mana at full. It never dipped down to low and I wouldn't want it to since thats also my life pool.

The biggest part is that mana flasks have 5 uses before running out. With instant that means you can smash it 4-5 times in a row if you need but with overtime you gotta wait for it. It always felt that I was either out of danger or had already killing things and regained the charges by the time it had finished recorving a good amount of mana
What about using enfeeble instead of temp chains for curse?
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
Doing this build and it's a lot of fun.
Did you ever thought using a Essence Worm Ring with Wrath to do more damage? With balls and minions.
Last time I played during Harbingers it was Flame golems and NOW I am playing Flame golems again thanks to this guide!

I crafted a helmet but i don't know which is better do you guys think?

I want to use the bone helmet but its missing minion dmg.

guys help! my golems only died without life regen. hosw i can sustain his hp??
"
kmaldona wrote:
What about using enfeeble instead of temp chains for curse?

Enfeeble is better against one shots. Temp chains is better against packs. Either is good.

"
darkspawnbr10 wrote:
Doing this build and it's a lot of fun.
Did you ever thought using a Essence Worm Ring with Wrath to do more damage? With balls and minions.

Wrath would do nothing as flame golems use spells not attacks and those spells do not do lightning damage. Anger would not at all be worth it either. Getting rings rolled with %minion damage or cutting life nodes in the tree for another jewel socket will lose less defense to get more offense

"
Thuking wrote:
Last time I played during Harbingers it was Flame golems and NOW I am playing Flame golems again thanks to this guide!

Bone helmet is better even without the minion damage. Using the criteria I mentioned its a psudo 6-link while the ES one is only a 5.5-link

"
yastr3b wrote:
guys help! my golems only died without life regen. hosw i can sustain his hp??

The leveling section of the guide suggests using wrathlord helmet until you can afford enough primordial harmony jewels that give golems life regen
"
Thuking wrote:

Hey, do u mind telling how u crafted the bone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info