[3.5] Chained Flames 9 Golem Elementalist. MOM/Phase Acro. Melt the world

"
darkspawnbr10 wrote:
I've got to maps now. 3.5k life 1.5k mana, resists cap, using phase acrobats as the guide says but i'm feeling squishy as fck WHEN i get hit. Something is missing?

ditch the tabula for a life chest and get some instant heal flasks

"
gamboy wrote:
Hey, great guide. I wanted to play golems and out of all the guides I've found yours seemed to give the best explanations.

Two questions though:
- should you swap GMP for something else for endgame bosses? Slower Projectiles for instance?
- how about Chaos Golem? It would give a great boost with Primordial Harmony. Is it just because it doesn't fit in a socket anymore?

EDIT: Also I got these gloves for relatively cheap, think it's a good idea for this build to put the Ball Lightning in

The spell from the flame golem are projectile and AOE which means that they can overlap. Its hard to tell how much this is happening and depends on the hitbox of the enemy but If they are getting hit by 2 of the 5 orbs then GMP should be giving more DPS then slower proj would.

If you use less then 9 primordial harmonies then changing is a DPS loss. At 9 jewels your total DPS will remain the same. changing gives 8% physical reduction but slightly less clearspeed with 1 less attacking golem. I don't consider this worth making space for another golem

Gloves with blind/faster casting are good. I was perhaps a bit too focused on getting life and mana when I played the character

"
NEPHAN wrote:

What do you think about swapping my previous gloves with Command of the Pit?

Please note that Command of the Pit is Corrupted with Temporal Chains on Hit. So I am swapping 5 link gloves with 4 link gloves having a ghastly eye jewel providing "6% chance to blind on hit with minion attacks & 4% chance to hinder enemies & reduce their movement speed 30%.

Hmm thats a tough choice. with the jewel socket and %life I assume that they are giving about the same life/mana. The shaper gloves will be blinding much better since the main golems use spells and don't attack but the jewel in the pit will cause hindering and I don't know how much the value that. I'd probably lean shaper gloves since they have resistances and make upgrading other gear pieces easier if you choose to do that. Plus the difference between a 10/0 and a 20/20 temp chains is an extra 15% slow
One issue I have found with this build is minotaur with extra crit or boss aoe or boss damage.

Despite the golems being immune to elemental damage, they do die in one hit by minotaur.

All the other guardians, red elder and shaper are all no problem and can be done deathless 100% reliably.
Last edited by Magisch on Sep 25, 2018, 2:53:13 PM
"
darkspawnbr10 wrote:
I've got to maps now. 3.5k life 1.5k mana, resists cap, using phase acrobats as the guide says but i'm feeling squishy as fck WHEN i get hit. Something is missing?

ditch the tabula for a life chest and get some instant heal flasks

I just finally bought my first kaom's heart, now i think i'll not die too soon.
And got insta pot too, lot better. But still need to get better ones

Edit: Do u have any idea what should be the order to priorize on getting first 20/20 gems?
Last edited by darkspawnbr10 on Sep 25, 2018, 5:18:31 PM
"
Magisch wrote:
One issue I have found with this build is minotaur with extra crit or boss aoe or boss damage.

Despite the golems being immune to elemental damage, they do die in one hit by minotaur.

All the other guardians, red elder and shaper are all no problem and can be done deathless 100% reliably.

agree he shits on the golems
Domination IGN: RangerThrow
Gonna try this build out, been a while since I tried golems, thanks for writing it!

I'm curious about the real utility of Victario's Charity and Necro Aegis.
- I have read on another golem build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222979) that it was not a great DPS increase because of the golem's attack cooldown
- It's only on kill, so kind of useless for bossing, and normal mobs/bosses should insta-die anyway
- We could replace it with an additional golem, or a shield actually benefitting our char defensively

What are your thoughts on that ? And if removing it, would you rather have 1 more golem or add an additional defense layer ? What about Magna Eclipsis for some safety from burst elemental damage ?
"
thomzon wrote:
Gonna try this build out, been a while since I tried golems, thanks for writing it!

- I have read on another golem build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222979) that it was not a great DPS increase because of the golem's attack cooldown
- It's only on kill, so kind of useless for bossing, and normal mobs/bosses should insta-die anyway
- We could replace it with an additional golem, or a shield actually benefitting our char defensively

What are your thoughts on that ? And if removing it, would you rather have 1 more golem or add an additional defense layer ? What about Magna Eclipsis for some safety from burst elemental damage ?

I replaced the sheild and took of necro aegis, I honestly don't think I have lost damage, bosses die about the same speed the only downside I feel is that I don't get frenzy charges anymore to make my phase run last longer however I am so much tankier now that this was probably the better decision to me.
"
thomzon wrote:

You are incorrect that its only on kill, the frenzy charges are on hit so they sustain on anything.

Frenzy charges give minions
- 45% increased Cast Speed
- 12% more Damage
- 15% increased Movement Speed

The cast and movement speed improve clearspeed as is shortens the time between golems noticing something and a barrage of orbs flying towards the target. Giving us frenzy charges allows our phase run to last indefinitely which is very useful.

Many people ignore cast speed all-together assuming that it does nothing if their skill cooldown isn't up yet but that is not my experience. Much like any build you can cut damage for defense if you feel like you are doing enough damage, Saffell's Frame or Magna Eclipsis both look good for elemental protection
"
WaffleT wrote:

"
NEPHAN wrote:

What do you think about swapping my previous gloves with Command of the Pit?

Please note that Command of the Pit is Corrupted with Temporal Chains on Hit. So I am swapping 5 link gloves with 4 link gloves having a ghastly eye jewel providing "6% chance to blind on hit with minion attacks & 4% chance to hinder enemies & reduce their movement speed 30%.

Hmm thats a tough choice. with the jewel socket and %life I assume that they are giving about the same life/mana. The shaper gloves will be blinding much better since the main golems use spells and don't attack but the jewel in the pit will cause hindering and I don't know how much the value that. I'd probably lean shaper gloves since they have resistances and make upgrading other gear pieces easier if you choose to do that. Plus the difference between a 10/0 and a 20/20 temp chains is an extra 15% slow

Thanks WaffleT and what do you think about additional +1000 minion accuracy coming from Command of the Pit?

I assume I don't need to use "curse on hit support" due to corruption on gloves being "Curse enemies with level 10 Temporal Chains on Hit". Is it correct? IF so, what should be replacement for "Curse on hit support" on gloves? Blind support may be?

Last edited by NEPHAN on Sep 26, 2018, 9:39:59 AM
"
NEPHAN wrote:

Thanks WaffleT and what do you think about additional +1000 minion accuracy coming from Command of the Pit?

I assume I don't need to use "curse on hit support" due to corruption on gloves being "Curse enemies with level 10 Temporal Chains on Hit". Is it correct? IF so, what should be replacement for "Curse on hit support" on gloves?

Innervate or Elemental Prolif would increase your shock chance.
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
thomzon wrote:

You are incorrect that its only on kill, the frenzy charges are on hit so they sustain on anything.

Frenzy charges give minions
- 45% increased Cast Speed
- 12% more Damage
- 15% increased Movement Speed

The cast and movement speed improve clearspeed as is shortens the time between golems noticing something and a barrage of orbs flying towards the target. Giving us frenzy charges allows our phase run to last indefinitely which is very useful.

Many people ignore cast speed all-together assuming that it does nothing if their skill cooldown isn't up yet but that is not my experience. Much like any build you can cut damage for defense if you feel like you are doing enough damage, Saffell's Frame or Magna Eclipsis both look good for elemental protection

Ok thanks for answering. What do you make of the analysis of the referenced build though ?

I'll go with your build 100% and see if I feel too squishy :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info