POE is not a FREE TO PLAY

"
lurker14ownz wrote:

Path of Exiles model is on the Ethical free to play side. You can play the game and do everything in it on 4 stash tabs, however its not comfortable. Most players after spending some time in the game decide they want to drop $20 bucks or so and buy the smallest supporter pack (new, before it was just points.) With those points you can buy all the stash tabs you need, especially if you do it on the once a month stash tab sales.

POE is about the economy; either you are trading with others or saving material do develop on your own.

In that sense, someone with only four tabs is at a significant disadvantage in the economy.

Its like trying to run a business with a 5K charge limit, when everyone else has a 50K limit.

I'm getting bummed out on this game. The frequent crashes are probably the biggest problem, the punitive stock inventory is the second problem. Not worth keep playing. This was a good transitional game before I find something else.
"
ImmortalCX wrote:
"
lurker14ownz wrote:

Path of Exiles model is on the Ethical free to play side. You can play the game and do everything in it on 4 stash tabs, however its not comfortable. Most players after spending some time in the game decide they want to drop $20 bucks or so and buy the smallest supporter pack (new, before it was just points.) With those points you can buy all the stash tabs you need, especially if you do it on the once a month stash tab sales.

So quit. Who are you trying to c

POE is about the economy; either you are trading with others or saving material do develop on your own.

In that sense, someone with only four tabs is at a significant disadvantage in the economy.

Its like trying to run a business with a 5K charge limit, when everyone else has a 50K limit.

I'm getting bummed out on this game. The frequent crashes are probably the biggest problem, the punitive stock inventory is the second problem. Not worth keep playing. This was a good transitional game before I find something else.

So quit then honestly. Not sure who you are trying to convince yourself or us.

Two solutions.

Buy a computer that doesnt suck. You constantly crash but my laptop with an i5, 8gigs of ram and gtx 1050ti never crashes...

You can spend 20 to get added enjoyment out of a free game that the majority of us end up playing for over 1000 hours...

You're the type of person I wouldnt want playing my game.

You should probably get a job and not play any video games if spending 20 on something bothers you. By the way, you dont have to spend that at all but we can ignore facts
Last edited by AverageSCEnjoyer on Dec 17, 2018, 12:37:35 AM
"
Miská wrote:
Beggars can't be choosers.

Americans have a concept that nothing is free. The word "free" associates it with "money".

They always believe that by paying "200" euros in poe, they are already rich.

By the way, I still do not understand the American mentality. The universities of so much prestige that I have heard, I am beginning to doubt that it is a myth.

Miská, I'll summarize it as if you were 12 years old. I am not criticizing POE for "buy to continue", I am criticizing because it is lying by saying it is an "F2P". I understand that you do not understand it.

"Beggars can not be choosers.". You should play these games less and study more, I recommend it, because everything that comes out of your mouth, look like children's words.

Surely you will come with some tantrum to comment on this, sincerely I do not have the level or the time to lose it with you. Do not worry, I believe that life will put you in your place.

I hope you are not taking money from your mother for playing poe. "I hope this is not real."

Do not worry, the community will already realize that it is not an F2P. I do not need to say it. Give it time.

PD: I prefer to spend my money on other games. (You spend all your wallet in POE, which I will care little)

I'll tell you another way.

Why do you think the Fortnite and Lol business model works? Surely you have no idea.

I hope that people who comment from now on will not be like "Miská", unfortunate, and comment with knowledge of cause.
Last edited by drakgoku on Dec 17, 2018, 8:59:47 AM
"
lurker14ownz wrote:

Supporter packs are NOT new, in any fashion. Theyve been around since before the game officially launched.
GGG - Why you no?
The 20 bucks pack that u can buy only once is kind of new.
The term "free to play" is often misleading.

Back in the days, 90s to be precise, gaming for free was about playing a game without having to pay for it and yet, having access to everything. Good examples are mods, you never had to pay money for them, or new maps, weapons or updated databases for your football manager.

Today, all these things cost money, thanks to Steam and the cash shop community, that is willing to pay, for stuff that is supposed to be free.

As for gaming in general, you can play a lot for free, the question is just how. Look at SWTOR, you can play it for free, but you will not have access to all content, WOW is another example, so are many more games, including POE.

At POE, not investing money results into a less pleasant experience in gaming. I noticed this very well on myself. Without Currency and Map tab, I had less fun and often quit mid league, as it was too complicated to store items.

The luxury of having all maps available, having 5000 of each currency, is second to none. It is comparable to having access to automated group tools in MMO´s vs. not having to, being able to use the AH and not being able to... It just turns the game into something totally different and this also applies to POE and it´s stash management system.

That being said, at times we get things for free that would usually cost money, like the free MTX boxes every once in a while. I expect another during Xmas.

Depending on where your at, the 20 bucks purchase is a good investment, when I did invest 20 bucks, I did not know about the starter pack, so I missed out on a free stash tab. If you have the money, it´s quite useful to spend it. Of course, there are countries that have a terrible money exchange, so it´s always dependent on where your actually living and how strong your own currency is.
This game is free to play. I did not have to buy anything to get started and I don't have to pay a monthly fee to access the servers.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Played on and off since 2013, I think. Have $80 into the game; all being on stashes I think. Couldn't be happier.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.
just to be correct if it is only the stash tab what is needed to have easier trades, then all you have to buy is an stashtab update for few points that make an free stash tab 1-4 to one you can set on public.
If it is all about stash tabs needed in leagues to fill with garbage like uniques, you can buy for less than one chaos, you have not understood the itemization of poe. Noone needs to collect each and every unique item to have it, most of the uniques are not needed in endgame.
It is all about to make it easier, like map stash that can take more maps than you would have in one stash tab, currency stash tab what also takes a lot more then normal stash tab that is for free.
In the end it is all just to make it more comfortable but not paytowin.
Noone needs to buy anything to have a first look at a game and to play it for several leagues.
And even it is said free to play this does not mean, that if you like it, you can, but no must have, invest some money to make it easier for you.
THink of a soloselffound player, who does not need trade stash tabs, he can do all content without paying anything, as long he does not want to do.
PoE is free.
Get a job.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info