POE is not a FREE TO PLAY

Greetings,

No games are free to play.
One has to have a computing platform (PS4, Smart Phone, PC...)
Internet connection ($40 - $100 / mo for cell service or home internet)

No one can develop games for free.
None of us would work a week without pay. The folks at GGG have to eat too.

My wife left me.
LOL, straight up. Which leads me to -

So... I can afford the occasional supporter pack
I gladly do, as each League is new content.
There are times when I can't, so I don't...

The entitlement mentality (others pay for you) is rampant today
Gee, I really don't have an expansion on that one...

Anyway, am sure my thoughts aren't unique. Thanks to GGG for a game I enjoy!

A friend of mine killed shaoer in private league in three days with no stash.
"
Bojack wrote:
The game IS Free To Play ..but with a major caviat..

Once you have finished the storyline, all acts, and are then working on endgame, you become HEAVILY limited by stash space.

The problem here is the intention behind the stash system.

Players are purposfully limited to 'encourage'(read: forced)them to spend obscene amounts of money for a complete stash system that was made during development, then removed form the game for the sole purpose of trying to ensure the vast majority of players spend atleast (minimum) a retail price tag on POE.

On Principal ..this is bad, and why i personaly refuse to spend any money on POE. I like the game alot, If it were not for the stash MTX's, i would have bought a supporter pack ages ago.
Yes i coud buy 'most' of the stash system with the currency that comes in a regular supporter pack so long as a stash sale is on. But not ALL of it, and it still comes down to the fact that, that currency in a suporter pack will almost always be spent on Stash, GGG know this, its why they built the MXT system the way it is.

I dont bash on GGG for the game itself, its great, and great that they keep it up to date, but their chocie to put the stash systme into the MTX store is terrible. if it were just cosmetics it could be forgiven even with the obscene prices they charge... but not the Stash system, its to important a system in a ARPG game to be monetized.

In this instance, for me, GGG have lost money, i wont spend money on POE ..for anything. But if they didnt have the stash in the MXT store, and it was ingame by default..or alternativly was significantly less expensive, and even included in a supporter pack along with what there is now (so peeple could choose to spend a little on just the stash ..or full retail on a supporter pack that also includes it and some cosmetics and some extra currency for more cosmetics)....i would have bought a supporter pack, for the sole purpose of expressing my support.

(Note:: For those white knights that will inevitably retort with, get a job ..dont be cheap ..etc etc . I got a 3k System, £40k in my bank to spend on what ever, and spend more money than i like to admit on PC's and gaming. This is down to principle ..i vote with my wallet.)

so basically its all about the principle of it.

what you are implying is that developers should just spend all of their free time creating their games out of their own goodwill, and paying their employees with nothing more than compliments and pats on the back, just so you and everybody else can play their games for free.

score one for the gamers right? thats a great practice in theory. too bad it doesnt work in the real world. people arent going to go to work for free, spending thousands of hours developing games just to appease some people who feel entitled to everything.

but hey, at least you didnt have to pirate this game right? whatever. you dont have to buy any stash tabs anyways. nobody is forcing you to. you can play the game without them. you could always just decide to not play it and simply just boycott the game and the company for not giving you the world out of a product you paid nothing for. stick it to the man bro. shame on them for trying to make money on a video game they worked hard to create!
Last edited by idrankyourbeer on Dec 17, 2018, 3:36:00 PM
"
Bojack wrote:

On Principal ..this is bad, and why i personaly refuse to spend any money on POE. I like the game alot, If it were not for the stash MTX's, i would have bought a supporter pack ages ago.
Yes i coud buy 'most' of the stash system with the currency that comes in a regular supporter pack so long as a stash sale is on. But not ALL of it, and it still comes down to the fact that, that currency in a suporter pack will almost always be spent on Stash, GGG know this, its why they built the MXT system the way it is.

I agree. The amount of real cash to purchase the full compliment of tabs, with premium tabs to simplify trading is $100-200, which is just ridiculous for a non-AAA game.

If all the tabs added to $35-40, it would make more sense, but if you only spend that, you will still be compromised.

"

what you are implying is that developers should just spend all of their free time creating their games out of their own goodwill, and paying their employees with nothing more than compliments and pats on the back, just so you and everybody else can play their games for free.

score one for the gamers right? thats a great practice in theory. too bad it doesnt work in the real world. people arent going to go to work for free, spending thousands of hours developing games just to appease some people who feel entitled to everything.

but hey, at least you didnt have to pirate this game right? whatever. you dont have to buy any stash tabs anyways. nobody is forcing you to. you can play the game without them. you could always just decide to not play it and simply just boycott the game and the company for not giving you the world out of a product you paid nothing for. stick it to the man bro. shame on them for trying to make money on a video game they worked hard to create!

You miss the point of my post. What you say about my post is incorrect, i do not mean that in the slightest.

Respectfully i sugest you read it again. I honestly do not beleve i need to explain my post any further than what is there.
Last edited by Bojack on Dec 17, 2018, 4:35:55 PM
"
Bojack wrote:

You miss the point of my post. What you say about my post is incorrect, i do not mean that in the slightest.

Respectfully i sugest you read it again. I honestly do not beleve i need to explain my post any further than what is there.

Okay, let me try to explain your position.

You feel that on principal GGG should not call their game free to play because to fully appreciate the game, to fully utilize the game, to be able to trade, to do what you feel should be available in the game requires additional stash tabs. Therefore, GGG should not call their game free to play. Maybe instead call it free to try out. Since GGG calls it free to play instead of free to try out you are going to voice your protest with you wallet and play the game for free.

Did I get that right?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
if you are lacking stash space then why are you hoarding dozens of worthless divination cards and low level essences?
[Removed by Support] it's a free game. GGG doesn't forced you to buy anything. You chose to do that. It's not GGG's fault you decided to hoard a bunch of junks.

Don't like it? GTFO. Go play WOW or something..
Democ_RATS.
Last edited by Nav_GGG on Dec 17, 2018, 6:42:15 PM
I feel like trolling in this thread so bad, but admin will ban me. Even though I am not a hardcore POE player, this game keeps me coming back. if you're too poor to afford a few stashes, you have bigger issues to worry about. I haven't spent a lot on POE stashes, but will continue to as I need it. A few bucks isn't gonna make me poor and GGG gotta get pay too. "

BTW, GGG (I know you're reading this), how come there isn't a skill effects for Barrage? Getting tired of the plain looking arrows..
Democ_RATS.
"
TorsoReaper wrote:
"
drakgoku wrote:
Fornite with better graphics and better experience, costs only 10 euros (Skins, characters...) for ever, while in POE with 100 euros you lack things ...

Complains that with 10 euros he can't beat POE, meanwhile someone wins race to lvl 100 on SSFHC with only a $6 USD currency tab...

Yeah that guy is probably aila. He played like with only 4 stashes till 2 leagues ago.
He has effective stash management and dont picks up every garbage which drops.

Regarding OP:

Just buy a currency stash tab (75 points w/o sale), this will un-clutter your stash tabs a lot.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Dec 24, 2018, 6:40:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info