POE is not a FREE TO PLAY

"
grimchip wrote:
im surprised noone is talking about the real p2w, premium stash tabs.

If you try playing without premium stash tabs you're gonna struggle tremendously and be at a serious disadvantage compared to other players who can sell everything they find much much much easier then you can.

have fun browsing the trade forums for someone looking to buy your item while dude who shelled a couple bucks sells his item in 1/50th the time.

you might be a bit out of date.

nowadays you only need tools to create a forum entry to sell items. those offers are instantly sent to poe.trade and ggg's trade site by the webserver.

there is no difference in items advertised over a premium tab and a forum entry.

and clicking on that tool on your second monitor to update the trade entry or set a price takes the 2 seconds longer the tool needs to read your stash
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Fapmobile wrote:
The current system allows people to spend what they like, which is a lot better.

Indeed. In the face of such a hostile anti-player industry, looking a gift-horse in the mouth and telling seemingly the only developer bucking that trend to operate more similarly to everyone else doesn't seem such a bright idea. Even if you dislike PoE with a passion, all gamers need developers like GGG to exist and show the industry how it's done, because the alternative is to accept the death spiral the games industry is in, or find a different hobby.

"
Fapmobile wrote:
Also paid games have botters and rmt so why would GGG get rid of them this way? They would most likely lose majority of their playerbase.

Yep, people cheat predominantly to get ahead of the competition or make some kind of name for themselves. Botting and cheatng happens in all games, not just those which have MTX, or evem those with leaderboards. That's an entirely seperate problem, and there's no easy solution that will remain effective forever.

I disagree that GGG would lose the majority of their playerbase. I'd like to think the majority are here because they're gamers that love the game. The game being F2P will certainly have bolstered the game by players on a strict budget, but most of us here are no stranger to occasional Steam or console purchases, so most of us would have likely picked-up the game by now as a retail title because of it's resemblence to Diablo 2 and the generally great press it's recieved over the years.

"
Fapmobile wrote:
People will always argue about p2w so it doesn't matter.
The game is f2p and has always been. Reasons have been said enough times.

This is so true. In fact, it's kind of already happening. Exchange "P2W" for "Streamer Bonuses" and you'll see where I'm going with this - over-competitive players don't need actual MTX to exist to start looking for potential advantages other players might be getting which they can't, even if there's no conclusive proof of anything untoward going on.
"
tasior wrote:
Its not f2play for me.
How many need spend my time in to a game?
Why rare loot is so random 99.9% junk ? (example item lvl 100 got stat lvl 30)
Why ppl finish this game after 40H of play doing all conntent+high end game gear ?
I DOnt Know v889......

those things you mentioned have nothing to do with free to play.

reaching endgame fast and knowing which item types matter is pure skill and knowledge.

poe makes you unlearn to pick up all the shiny stuff that drops. if you have alot of tabs while learning it, the process will take even longer.

just use items that are improvements to your char, try to sell stuff that is worth more than 5 chaos and just grind the game to have that lucky drop that enables you to access endgame.

for help there are good videos of engineeringeternity on youtube and neversinks itemfilter sets. choose the striict one and the game will only show items that matter.
"
grimchip wrote:
im surprised noone is talking about the real p2w, premium stash tabs.

If you try playing without premium stash tabs you're gonna struggle tremendously and be at a serious disadvantage compared to other players who can sell everything they find much much much easier then you can.

have fun browsing the trade forums for someone looking to buy your item while dude who shelled a couple bucks sells his item in 1/50th the time.

Oh this again. No that's paying for convenience. I played for ages before I decided to give them money. I had mules to store items I knew I wasn't going to sell immediately. I didn't store trash items that were under 1 chaos. If you're going to waste your time selling 5000 1 alc items then you're wasting efficiency no matter what tab you have.

It's the only thing that helps with convenience and it's needed as a small incentive to at least spend $20 one time on a blood pack and buy some tabs. Cry me a river, it's nothing even remotely close to P2W like buying gear, currency, unfair boosters better gear/chants directly from a cash shop.

Seems to me people just play devil's advocate. POE has probably--next to Guild Wars 2--the most fair and sane cash shop system in gaming.

If you're going to be playing this game @ any hours required to have premium tabs actually MATTER, then you should be contributing to at least 1 supporter pack - and you only need one.
Last edited by poeGT on Jan 3, 2019, 5:15:24 AM
Having played several games that devolved into actual p2w, lootbox fiascos, etc., I'd say PoE is about as good as it gets.

It doesn't take much sense to realize the scope of cost that goes into developing and maintaining an ARPG so to think that cost can be just given away to entitled brats who think everything should be free is ridiculous. Buy some effing stash tabs, get a job, get out of your parent's basement.
Why are you still discussing about this nonsense? Just let the troll expire.
Hello I have a question.
"
vio wrote:
"
tasior wrote:
Its not f2play for me.
Why ppl finish this game after 40H of play doing all conntent+high end game gear ?
I DOnt Know v889......

They do if he's been spending his allowance on RMT sites.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I remember paying a quarter to play pac-man in 1980. Many quarters. Those have a present value of over a dollar. I probably paid more for pacman than I did for PoE.

Yeah, arcades were the original microtransactions. I wonder how many people who rail against microtransactions never stop to consider that. (Raiden was my poison of choice, but I loved pac-man too.) If I try to guesstimate what I could spend at the arcade, even not accounting for inflation, it was still significantly more per hour than I've spent on PoE.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
tasior wrote:
Its not f2play for me.
I DOnt Know v889......

They do if he's been spending his allowance on RMT sites.

yep, still googling "v889" ;-)

meanwhile outside wraeclast: I opened my loot box and got a loot box in my loot box.

Ok. I have a feeling that im feeding trolls but ill give it a shot.

First of all: If youre younger than 30, just stop spreading your opinion. Nobody is interested at all. Not your parents, not your teachers, not your professors, noone at all really. And you know what? They are right. Listen to older people and take what they say serious. Free life lesson right here. How do i know? Well i was a shithole of a young person as well. Now im almost closing in on 40..
edit: before i get spammed: Yes there are exceptions. They earned their place.

If, after that, there are still some of you left who say PoE is not free to play:

It is free to play. That is a fact.
Is it free to play + handing you everything you might ever need? No.

Let me tell you something: Money makes the world go round. Everything, everywhere, at all times.

So GGG needs money. That again is a fact.
They dont sell their game, as it is free to download and play as long as you want.

So how do they make money? They sell convenience upgrades + cosmetic items.
In comparison to you(for reference, see the first chapter) they have to pay their employees, their office, their servers, their coffee, their food..

If you dont have to do those things, you just have no clue what youre talking about and just stfu.

PoE is a shining star and a pillar of free to play games. That again is a fact.

Fucking morons..

Oh and if you dont have enough money for some stash tabs, grow up, earn money, or stop playing the game and earn some fucking money. Jesus christ..
Last edited by chrdong on Jan 3, 2019, 11:42:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info