POE is not a FREE TO PLAY

"
Turtledove wrote:
Assuming that GGG makes Delve part of the core game, there will probably be a new special stash tab for fossils and such.

That's likely. I don't think the unstackability is fair towards those who do not have the special tab though. Resonators and fossils take up several times more space than any other league items to date, and if they're made more difficult to obtain when Delve is integrated into core you'd want to store at least a few of them. Making them stackable would reduce the storage requirement to a similar level with essences or divination cards.
"
NemoJr wrote:

I appreciate your efforts to continually come up with reasonable arguments and to keep the discussion civil. That said, I think the real "recipe for disaster" is coming up with new ways to sell tabs, and making them more and more convenient to the point they're considered mandatory. We've discussed this point at length in the "other" thread, so I'll leave it at that.

Besides, "unlimited" is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? I'm sure a happy medium can be reached, keeping in mind all the items they've added to the game since "the good old days". After all, the tabs (and their contents) are most likely just "lists" of coordinates, item types, affixes, and exact values. Or something along those lines, i.e. not very resource / space intensive.

And about D2: With all due respect, my point was that I consider "D2 had very limited space, so PoE has enough space" a non-argument -- it would be unfair to treat them equally. It's akin to someone complaining about Fallout 3's inventory system, and me defending it by saying "it's less shit compared to FO2".

Fallout 1 & 2 were great games with a shitty inventory system, which would be unacceptable by today's standards. Diablo 2 is similar to them in that regard.

_____

It looks like this thread is doomed to either get locked, or continue to be about the semantics of "Free-to-Play", so that'll be the last out of me here.

Looking forward to the next one just like it.

Data is resource intensive - unless you don't care about data loss and don't worry about backups and client retention. When you consider the majority of the game revolves around collecting items, you also have to consider all the accounts that store items and go dormant. That's a lot of data that takes up space that doesn't get flushed out given that characters aren't purged.

I think you really aren't seeing the significance of not having to worry that your inactive character will be deleted if you go on hiatus for any reason.

Fallout 1 and 2 were great games and arguably superior to even Fallout 4 despite the fancy new engine and graphics. But comparing the two isn't the same as comparing d2 to poe.

Fallout 1 and 2 were turn-based. 3,4, and NV were not. Tactics was turned based but usually doesn't come up. The gameplay is entirely different from an isometric open world than it is in a 3d shooter.

Poe is basically a refined version of D2. Even the trade window and system are the same. Skill gems evolved out of runes, sockets and their links were the improved incarnation of runewords. The skill tree was utilized over traditional archetypes and abilities to offer additional freedom instead of simple variants of the same 5 or so classes.

There's a reason so many of us ended up in PoE over D3. It takes a lot to beat the Blizzard Juggernaut at their own game.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
databeaver wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Assuming that GGG makes Delve part of the core game, there will probably be a new special stash tab for fossils and such.

That's likely. I don't think the unstackability is fair towards those who do not have the special tab though. Resonators and fossils take up several times more space than any other league items to date, and if they're made more difficult to obtain when Delve is integrated into core you'd want to store at least a few of them. Making them stackable would reduce the storage requirement to a similar level with essences or divination cards.

I think making them stackable would a good thing. If they aren't made stackable then people with only 4 stash tabs should probably not bother picking them up? Of course, they probably should pick up very little. Heck, I remember when I first started playing PoE. About all that I picked up was currency or something that I thought I would use on the character that I was then playing. I got well into the end game playing that way and it was fun.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I'm new and I'm looking at prices and it's not that expensive either.

1 points is = 1 $.
10 units is = 10 $.
100 units is = 100 $.

Stash:
Premium Stash Tab Bundle: 200 points
Map Stash Tab: 150 points
Currency Stash Tab: 75 points
Premium Quad Stash Tab (more space): 150 points
Stash Tab Bundle: 150 points
Essence Stash Tab: 40 points
Fragment Stash Tab: 75 points
Divination Stash Tab: 50 points
Extra Stash Tab: 30 points

In summary with 200 + 150 + 75 + 150 + 150 + 40 + 75 + 50 + 30 = 920 points, it is not expensive.

Without counting boxes and skins, I find it cheap.

Boxes:
Oriath Mystery Box: 30

Skins packs:
$ 30 - $ 480
and how actually is the price list helpful?
You can buy, but you don´t have to. you won´t see more content by paying than others who play for free.
Don´t tell me but trade needs stash, because you can play SSF and play all content for free.
I only bought stash tabs because it makes it much more comfortable to collect all items, i would not hold when I would not have the stash, because from 10 uniques you can vendor 9,5. And for having stash to hold rare items, you only can wear one pant, who needs two.
I know it is a bad example.

They hold a grudge against me ?, a company as small as GGG?, it's the seventh time in less than 2h.

Oops, I'm going to be careful, because I do not want an administrator with his hands full of sugar from the donut, delete my comment, as usual.

I need another account ?, another ISP / vpn ?. please...

Also say that thanks for not adding any more slot in the stash.
Last edited by drakgoku on Dec 7, 2018, 4:52:30 PM
Loos like a thread to promote Last Epoch. Should be banned and deleted imo.
Whilst there has been a lot of good debate, some logical points and some less so POE is a game which we play for relaxation and in our free time, if it annoys you then do something else.

As a suggested alternate can I suggest learning how to programme, hiring some graphic designers, investing in IT infrastructure and architecture and developing a game. Having made all the investment of time and money you can give everyone extra stash tabs and have no cash shop.

If the whiners do that then the problem will be solved if they are not willing to I would kindly suggest that they cease complaining.
I disagree with topic stater.

The game is F2P. And their position about cash shop is one of the best and really honest.
One can play and pay nothing. And that will give him no disadvantage.

Buying some cosmetic, or a few stash pages, I hope if it will not hurt your wallet too much? You support developers of such nice game and gain more free space to store possibly valuable loot, or gain a little more individual look.

First of all, f2p games shouldn't exist, they are the worst face of a gamer community, I'm referring to games with p2w systems. I think PoE can BE a good exception and a good example of ethical MTX as long as they don't put something like "loot boxes".

You can live in PoE Without investing any $, just u need to know how to manage the limitations of your stash. For those who complain about this, well, nothing is free.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info