POE is not a FREE TO PLAY

Well you clearly haven`t payed and you`re playing it soooo ... guess it`s free to play
demonstrably free to play, game has been won by people playing with NO tabs at all.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
so you want free stuff, devs to work 24/7 for nothing, just for you...
You have three choices.

Either be more picky about what you store and stick with the space provided to every account for free, create mule characters/mule accounts and use those for more space, or buy a supporter pack or straight points and get yourself some stash tabs. (Stash space should go on sale again in a couple weeks, I'd wait til then.)

Every free to play game, assuming the publisher wants to stay in business, has a point where spending money will improve the experience. Most go the route of selling boosts, or selling equipment/equipment upgrades, or gating player progression behind a dozen DLCs. Path of Exile sells cosmetic microtransactions and storage space.

You can buy things to make your character look "cooler" and you can buy more room to hoard things. As others have posted, you can finish all the content in the game using the free storage. You might have to be a lot pickier about what you keep and how you use it, but that's the opportunity cost you accept when you decide to play the game for free.

FYI - A couple days ago, Chris Wilson did an interview with Dropped Frames. One of the questions that came up was player storage and the question was asked about whether free players would ever be given more space, or even a free version of the currency tab with a severely reduced storage cap. He did say the team would discuss it but that he wouldn't commit to anything.

I personally think a limited currency tab would be a great idea, but who knows if it will ever be implemented.
"
drakgoku wrote:

LAST EPOCH -> free to play. (ALPHA) New ARPG style Diablo and POE.

The D E M O is free to play...the full game costs the same $50 most games do...and it still won't be F2P on release.
"
... nothing is free.

Right nothing is free.

As you can see in the initial post (modified), I no longer have slots for the "currency", (I have mules, and all the slots are full.). I still do not understand why poe is free.

I hope it does not come the same as always say to me "HEY HAVE SPACE WHAT YOU DO NOT SEE ?, YOU HAVE 1/1 CURRENCY" ... I hope not to hear that kind of people today.
Last edited by drakgoku on Dec 16, 2018, 7:11:43 PM
You can do all content and get 100 without paying a cent. You have a realistic chance to be #1 in the ssf ladders at least without paying a cent.

That means its Free to Play as easy as that.
"
drakgoku wrote:
"
... nothing is free.

Right nothing is free.

As you can see in the initial post (modified), I no longer have slots for the "currency", (I have mules, and all the slots are full.). I still do not understand why poe is free.

I hope it does not come the same as always say to me "HEY HAVE SPACE WHAT YOU DO NOT SEE ?, YOU HAVE 1/1 CURRENCY" ... I hope not to hear that kind of people today.

Beggars can't be choosers.
You've got 6 challenges done.

Therefor you have played.

For free.

Hence, it's free to play.
Played the game for 5 years

Bought MTX because I choose too. I only have 2 premium stash tabs even though im going to buy some next week.

Games totally f2p and only an idiot like the op would complain

This is with 2 90 +s and countless 80+ that died on hc, probably close to 2-3k hours logged.
Last edited by AverageSCEnjoyer on Dec 16, 2018, 11:16:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info