POE is not a FREE TO PLAY

This has to be a joke, right..?
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
"
MBQ wrote:
This has to be a joke, right..?

Yup. If people just support once for each year of playing POE. And spend all those points on stash tabs. They will have all the stash they'll need for life, and a few supporter MTX sets to boot. Instead they complain and question GGG's ethics, man I don't know what to say.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Where the fuck is that dude who played on a fresh account in SSF, downed Uber Elder, and all WITHOUT even using his stash with the stock 4 tabs? Pretty beastly accomplishment huh?

Anyway its pretty simple OP.. If you play the game enough to get to maps, amass a bunch of items, currency, maps, ect that must mean you enjoy the game right? Well if you enjoy it why not stop being so fucking cheap and buy a god damn tab? Hell 6 of them premium are $20 if you cant afford $20 for a game you enjoy you shouldnt be gaming at all.. Simple as that. I grew up poor as fuck as a kid and my parents sure as hell couldnt afford games and shit so what did i do? I went out and worked odd jobs, mowed grass, Cleaned fucking horse stables, (For fucking good money i might add..) If it was paying.. i was doing it. ALL to support buying games or whatever i liked.. Point is if its important enough to you and you enjoy it enough you'll find a way. Little hard work goes a long way and never hurt anyone. If not it must not be that important to ya.. Or your just a bum..

Your not gonna find any other enjoyable experiences in games for much less than $20 USED to begin with except on steam and go only knows what your gonna get and you pay BEFORE you even get to know.. yet you expect to not only get an enjoyable game but get everything in that game for Free and never have to pay a dime? EVER?!?

The answer is Yes you can absolutely do that if you wish but dont come complain the game you enjoy is being cock blocked by your progress and lack of willingness to invest just a couple fucking dollars into said game you enjoy.. Go make Alts or secondary storage accounts if your so cheap. But dont sit here and complain about it too.. pick one..

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Sep 20, 2018, 7:50:07 AM
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
If you REALLY want to understand why so many of us don't see an ethical dilemma with stash tabs

I think you're the one who didn't quite understand my point there. What I don't get is why some people actively encourage GGG to keep selling stash tabs, as if they're getting a cut from the profits; it doesn't make sense.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
play d2 with the expansion.

No thank you. That game is old enough to get a driver's license, so feel free to call me "entitled" just because I expect certain improvements in it's spiritual successor. And feel free to call me "cheap" because I consider selling such an important feature in a F2P game unethical.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
This thread only keeps popping up because the OP keeps bumping it up every time it drops off the front page.

This thread specifically? Maybe. Stash tab issue in general? Hell no.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
But you're not going to make that effort and just keep repeating the same lack of understanding.

I'm glad you have so much faith in me. The feeling is mutual.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
NemoJr wrote:
I think you're the one who didn't quite understand my point there. What I don't get is why some people actively encourage GGG to keep selling stash tabs, as if they're getting a cut from the profits; it doesn't make sense.

I think they should keep selling stash tabs because I like being able to increase my storage without a limit and selling storage space is the only realistic way to do it. Giving everyone unlimited free storage is a recipe for disaster.

The other alternative is to stop selling storage space and put a hard cap on how much you can have. Maybe the cap would be higher than four tabs, but I'm sure it would be lower than the number of tabs I use for hoarding stuff I'll likely never use. In every game I've ever played with capped storage I've run out of it, and I'm thankful that PoE allows me to bypass that issue by paying.

Now, if GGG decides to give some more free space for everyone, I'm certainly not opposed to that. In light of the trade manifesto it wouldn't be amiss from them to give one premium tab free to everyone.

"
NemoJr wrote:
No thank you. That game is old enough to get a driver's license, so feel free to call me "entitled" just because I expect certain improvements in it's spiritual successor. And feel free to call me "cheap" because I consider selling such an important feature in a F2P game unethical.

A 12× improvement in storage space is not enough then? Granted PoE has more items too, but still playing Diablo II is more like playing PoE with a single stash tab. Diablo II's stash could barely hold all the items you need, and you could forget about trying to collect anything or keeping a spare set of equipment for your next HC character. Mules could alleviate the storage issue somewhat but without a shared storage space using them was difficult and risky if you played on Battle.net.
no matter what, there is always a thread like this open in the top 10.

a good outcome of all of this furious typing are the good Meme, it's worth scrolling the conversation :/

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
If you REALLY want to understand why so many of us don't see an ethical dilemma with stash tabs

"
NemoJr wrote:

Out of those of us who accept that this game continues to run because its a business, there's still a difference between having no issue with the sale of tabs and actually encouraging the sale. As a former D2 player I have no issue with it -- one of the reasons space was limited was hardware. Wasting storage on hoarded junk adds up quickly and they deleted inactive characters after just 90 days of inactivity.

So wait, you mean I get to keep my characters permanently and can purchase additional space if I want to hoard things?

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
play d2 with the expansion.

"
NemoJr wrote:

And that's why you will never have a credible argument. You don't understand the original reasons why that was done nor have you experienced the roots. You might as well argue that everyone gets a mirror every year.

Basically people have already said why its not unethical many times over -- if you truly thought it wasn't ethical you wouldn't play the game and wouldn't bother posting.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
This thread only keeps popping up because the OP keeps bumping it up every time it drops off the front page.

"
NemoJr wrote:
This thread specifically? Maybe. Stash tab issue in general? Hell no.

The majority of stash tab complaints fall under people being too cheap to support the game they spend hours on and expect it to be paid for by other people.

My tabs in delve still have plenty of room, not because I bought even more, but because I've gotten more comfortable vendoring items and leaving stuff on the ground.

EDIT - fixed quotes.
Yep, totally over league play.
Last edited by SeCKSEgai on Sep 20, 2018, 9:36:33 AM
We are not talking about D2, they do not excuse themselves behind the games, because if I compare it with Lol, we can say that poe is a Pay to play (end game) / Pay to win (premium stash with priority to purchase) ...

Please, fallacies and slander, they are very big for you. Focus on the subject.

Surely, someone will come out taking any invention of D2, or inventing about some f2p, I simply confirm that you are not right.

F2P, means that the content is free and there are microtransactions (if you heard well, good hearing), but that these microtransactions are not obligatory, as for example the skins of league of legends, they are not obligatory, they are only appearances (even these, they are they can earn without spending money). WHEN A GAME REQUIRES YOU TO PAY MONEY, TO HAVE ADVANTAGE IN STASH PREMIUM (PURCHASE OF PLAYERS QUICKLY) OR TO BE ABLE TO CONTINUE THE GAME, HERE WE ARE NOT CALLING NOR F2P NOR FREMIUM IF NO B2P/P2W. I understand that it costs to understand and I understand that it is necessary to have a little more head to see this. Do not worry, spend all your money that will give me equal but stop lying.

Do not excuse yourself behind the games, because it makes them look bad as shown. It is one thing to compare games and the other is to excuse oneself, it has no words.
Last edited by drakgoku on Sep 20, 2018, 9:55:38 AM
The whole discussion is about what definition of free-to-play are you using.

Let's take wikipedia's definition as a broadly excepted definition in Internet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play):

"
Free-to-play (F2P or FtP) video games, also known as free-to-start,[1] are games that give players access to a significant portion of their content without paying. There are several kinds of free-to-play games, but the most common is based on the freemium software model; thus, free-to-play games are oftentimes not entirely free. For freemium games, users are granted access to a fully functional game but must pay microtransactions to access additional content. Free-to-play can be contrasted with pay to play, in which payment is required before using a service for the first time.

According to wikipedia, PoE is free-to-play and can be considered freemium due to purches of stashes, and it is not pay-to-play.

We can cut the whole discussion short by reduction to if wikipedia provides an acceptable definition or not.
If yes, we are done here.
If not, I propose to continue your discussion at wikipedia.

Thanks for reading and enjoy playing the game.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last edited by Synopse on Sep 20, 2018, 10:05:42 AM
"
Synopse wrote:
The whole discussion is about what definition of free-to-play are you using.

Let's take wikipedia's definition as a broadly excepted definition in Internet (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play)....

First, let us know that wikipedia is written by us, not qualified people (such as important tencent companies or others). I can create a biography of you and your life in wikipedia, but that definition does not mean that it is correct. Did you know this? I hope so. Free is free, no matter what misplaced conclusions you can understand from the free word.

Before thinking that wikipedia is god, inform yourself well. You have an incorrect concept of what the word "free" means.

do we make a contribution to wikipedia ?, please. Concept of "free" is not complicated, this is learned in primary

My contribution

"When a game requires the user to invest money to have an advantage or even to continue the game, we can not qualify as free to play. If that content that is offered by the company does not influence the development of the game, then we can call it free to play, such as appearances, as long as it does not influence the evolution of that game".

Can you read again, please?

Last edited by drakgoku on Sep 20, 2018, 10:56:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info