POE is not a FREE TO PLAY

I know them feels.
But nothing in life is free.
That's like, life 101.

Pay up or shut up.
"
Turtledove wrote:
I feel in the soul that you've spent the money, it's your problem, not mine. But I think that this whole forum did not understand a word of what I said.

I'm not complaining about the game, I'm complaining that it's not F2P.

Spending a little money on a videogame you enjoy is definitely not "a problem" to anyone, except entitled children.

...and it is free to play. I'm not sure how thick skull you need to have not to understand it.
"
drakgoku wrote:

Poe is not F2P, because I cant fit useless items in my 4 stashtabs..

Not sure what advice we should give you.. Also, electricity costs you to play any game even if its f2p..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
Fapmobile wrote:
"
drakgoku wrote:
I feel in the soul that you've spent the money, it's your problem, not mine. But I think that this whole forum did not understand a word of what I said.

I'm not complaining about the game, I'm complaining that it's not F2P.

Spending a little money on a videogame you enjoy is definitely not "a problem" to anyone, except entitled children.

...and it is free to play. I'm not sure how thick skull you need to have not to understand it.

Please note that I did not write what you quoted above. I fixed your quote to the actual author

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Sep 14, 2018, 6:48:28 PM
I'm playing, and I'm not paying.

That's pretty much the definition.
"
magicstop wrote:
Rare exceptions aside, when everyone else thinks you're wrong, you're probably wrong.

I, too, like it when the loudest group of people who also happens to share my point of view is automatically considered "everyone". It's quite convenient when that happens; not gonna lie.

"
Boem wrote:
Can you play path of exile without spending money?

Sure, let's throw all sense of nuance out the window, why not.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
magicstop wrote:
Rare exceptions aside, when everyone else thinks you're wrong, you're probably wrong.

Wow. This is utter, utter bullshit. Both in this case and in the wider case scenario you are citing. There are literally tens of thousands of examples in history of the majority being wrong.

And furthermore, someoeone being annoyed at the F2P label is not the same as someone accusing PoE of being P2W (though there are compelling arguments for that as well). There is such a thing as a demo with pay-in for the complete game.

And that's exactly what PoE is. Path of Exile's problem is not an existential one but rather one of representation: The Path of Exile demo is absolutely, positively FREE TO PLAY. No one can ever, ever deny this obvious truth.

THE DEMO IS FREE, MOTHERFUCKERS. ENJOY THE DEMO.

The real question is not P2W vs. F2P. It is P2P vs. F2P.

Path of Exile with 4 vanilla stash tabs is not a complete game. IT IS A DEMO. Yep, here the argument becomes subjective, not objective.

But arguments over subjective perspectives are the only ones interesting enough to be worth having, my friends.

Edit: The last post from the previous page that I just inadvertently buried is also worth reading, so read it, please.

"
NemoJr wrote:
"
magicstop wrote:

I, too, like it when the loudest group of people who also happens to share my point of view is automatically considered "everyone". It's quite convenient when that happens; not gonna lie.

"
Boem wrote:
Can you play path of exile without spending money?

Sure, let's throw all sense of nuance out the window, why not.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Sep 15, 2018, 9:21:15 AM
You are probably to young to ever have played a real demo. Because if you had, you wouldn't say that.

And this is exactly the kind of people that are making this discussion not go anywhere. By adding absurd statements because they are so frustrated that they aren't agreed with.

F2p simply means a game is free to join. Anything besides that is irrelevant. Eve online is f2p, even though there you truly only have a demo. Games like LoL or Fortnite are free.

You can make an argument that stashtabs are p2w, it's obvious though that most people find it an acceptable way to earn money for a game that offers this much. So again, have some decency and stop insulting this game and it's developers. We need MORE developers like this, not less because some of you are butthurt you can't afford 5 bucks, or think you need to pretend you are some kind of SJW that will set the world straight.
Last edited by Miská on Sep 15, 2018, 9:43:46 AM
"
Miská wrote:
You are probably to young to ever have played a real demo. Because if you had, you wouldn't say that.

An ad-hominem followed by an actual argument... still waiting... Say something of substance, Miská. Just telling someone they are "too young" to really understand the issue is no argument at all.

"
And this is exactly the kind of people that are making this discussion not go anywhere. By adding absurd statements because they are so frustrated that they aren't agreed with.

Again, you call my argument "absurd," but you fail to justify your claim in any way.

"
F2p simply means a game is free to join. Anything besides that is irrelevant. Eve online is f2p, even though there you truly only have a demo. Games like LoL or Fortnite are free.

F2P = free to play. There really is no reasonable counter to that.

"Play the game" != "play the demo." This too is a widely accepted statement. Nothing controversial about it.

"
You can make an argument that stashtabs are p2w, it's obvious though that most people find it an acceptable way to earn money for a game that offers this much. So again, have some decency and stop insulting this game and it's developers. We need MORE developers like this, not less because some of you are butthurt you can't afford 5 bucks, or think you need to pretend you are some kind of SJW that will set the world straight.

Ah, I see your agenda now. It is to discredit those god-awful "SJWs." (And may they rot in hell, those despicable SJWs.)

Instead of propping your arguments up with meaningless labels (also known as "ad hominem logical fallacies"--sorry to piss you off with that accusation, but it really is true), I recommend you address the actual issues themselves.

I happen to agree with you that GGG has a right to earn money for their labor. Um, duh. I also agree that selling stash tabs is an acceptable route for them to earn money for their labor. Not so "duh," perhaps, but I think most people here agree with that statement.

That said, accurately representing your own product is a notion quite popular among consumer advocates, and yeah, I happen to agree with them.

Sorry if that makes me a dirty rotten SJW.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

An ad-hominem followed by an actual argument... still waiting... Say something of substance, Miská. Just telling someone they are "too young" to really understand the issue is no argument at all.

Not sure what you don't understand about it. A demo would simply be act 1 or maybe up to brutus whereas the game would go back to the login screen and ask you to pay money. You are using a word you don't know the meaning of, or you do and you are just here to insult GGG (Both things just as likely as one another)

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

F2P = free to play. There really is no reasonable counter to that.

"Play the game" != "play the demo." This too is a widely accepted statement. Nothing controversial about it.

There is no difference in free to play and free to join. That was my whole point. There are tons of 'f2p' out there that are actual demos, and apparently they are still considered by the gaming community as f2p. I think I'll take the word of everyone over random person called Gibbousmoon that has no real arguments whatsoever.

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Ah, I see your agenda now. It is to discredit those god-awful "SJWs." (And may they rot in hell, those despicable SJWs.)

Instead of propping your arguments up with meaningless labels (also known as "ad hominem logical fallacies"--sorry to piss you off with that accusation, but it really is true), I recommend you address the actual issues themselves.

I happen to agree with you that GGG has a right to earn money for their labor. Um, duh. I also agree that selling stash tabs is an acceptable route for them to earn money for their labor. Not so "duh," perhaps, but I think most people here agree with that statement.

That said, accurately representing your own product is a notion quite popular among consumer advocates, and yeah, I happen to agree with them.

Sorry if that makes me a dirty rotten SJW.

No that's not my agenda at all, but I see why you took the easy way out so you didn't actual have to respond with something meaninful. Oh and btw, they are accurately representing their products. 90% of this topic feels the same way. Still yet to hear 1 compelling arguments that actual admits you are grossly overreacting in how much extra stashtabs actually add to your game.

And also that paying for stashtabs is fine in a f2p game. There are tons of MMO's out there that are f2p but offer content for a price. Tons that are literally a demo of their game, still considered f2p. You sure you wanna make an example out of the 1 developer that offers everything for free, pushes more new content then 10 MMO's combined because of 1 item that will improve your QoL playing this game. I bet even you can see this is absurb by any means.
Last edited by Miská on Sep 15, 2018, 10:33:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info