"Incursion was a successful league."

"
Kastmar wrote:
Actually I consider it successful even I didn't play it. Why? Because I seen only few complains threads in forum. Comparing with bestiary, incursion is VERY big success.

This is actually the worst measurement of success for a league. If you look at the rest of the steam charts you will see that as far as player retention goes Bestiary was better than the average league.

What that really means is that all the whiners on the forums and reddit are the minority and none of your opinions really matter.

Just today's happy thought :D
"
suszterpatt wrote:
It's official, almost 2/3 of players are on Steam

"
suszterpatt wrote:
Peak day 1 concurrency of 140k according to Chris.

Steam charts show 89k for the same day.

63% of players use the Steam client.

So no more of that "Steam charts aren't representative" bullshit please, kthx.

There is nothing official in your own speculations based on misinterpretation of gossip.

To put point in this useless propaganda of steam, i will add some facts. According to Chris,
"
What are Path of Exile's playing numbers?

About 20 million people have played it. Typically, it has about 300,000 daily active users.

And number of players in day 1 is still unknown. It may be 500k players or even more. Anyway steam players are minority and, since steam users are specific community (casual players), their online status don't really affect average online of core PoE players.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Aug 16, 2018, 12:32:39 PM
"
adghar wrote:

Yup. I, personally, would hate to have stats like that if I were a game dev, but GGG's been running their game in this fashion for something like 2 years now at least, and they're the ones pocketing millions from Tencent, not me, so I think their measure of success is a little more reliable/objective than mine.

PoE is a F2P game that gets massively advertised on Steam when a new league/expansion comes out. You don't think there's a ton of people who aren't into ARPGs that will try it but won't stay after? Those are not really their target audience nor who will be buying packs and points.

Remove those who play less than 2 hours from the graph and I'm sure the week 1 dip would be much lower than shown.
I'm a standard player because i'm kinda lazy to start all over again and again. I played flashback league till t11 maps and i want that in standard rn. Is truth that some of the rooms on the finish temple u don't even clear, just go for the specific rewards but kinda felt nice to stop for 15s to think what to upgrade and what to unlock whenever u doing one.

The mechanic will be amazing for deleting items for double corruptions and that GG upgrade. The loot hunt in that league mechanic feels nice.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Aug 16, 2018, 1:23:38 PM
"
suszterpatt wrote:
What I am saying, though, can already be gleaned from the OP. Evidently, GGG can look at ~80% player dropoff after 2 months, and still declare the league a success. What does that tell you?

You're still making some false assumptions. You assume that GGG is looking at player dropoff as a factor in determining a league's success. This is not necessarily the case and you have no evidence either way. Second, you're implying that because 80% of casual Steam players drop off that the rest of us that don't use Steam also drop off. You have no evidence of that.

I agree with most of the others criticizing your intentions in this thread. You're not being clever and your misuse of statistics is not supporting whatever point you've very vaguely attempting to make by asking leading questions.

You seem to be further implying that whatever GGG's measure of success is, you disagree with it, but you never come out and actually state anything. Even your "statement" is really just a question.

Anyway, fun read but this thread seems pointless.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Aug 16, 2018, 1:48:13 PM
I dont know why they say it was a success. I have seen more threads saying it sucks on these forums and on reddit and only a few saying its good with the comments saying it sucks. Only thing I liked from the league were a few of the new vaal skills. And all of the new items suck besides the the upgraded flask for vaal skills.
Haters gonna hate. They're vocal about it. If you only read stuff that you agree with, you end up thinking that you're right.

Incursion was a success. They made bank. Players are ready for the next league. They don't have to cater to everyone to make that happen.
"
blazer572 wrote:
I have seen more threads saying it sucks on these forums and on reddit and only a few saying its good with the comments saying it sucks.

That's probably because the people who like it tend to just go ahead and be busy playing the league, like consumers have done since time immemorial.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Haters gonna hate. They're vocal about it. If you only read stuff that you agree with, you end up thinking that you're right.

Incursion was a success. They made bank. Players are ready for the next league. They don't have to cater to everyone to make that happen.

Yes but how many times do the majority of the people on the forums and reddit need to tell them, the leagues they are doing are eh, bland, and will suck? I have seen at least 2 dozen posts on these forums or on reddit stating that they believe the new league is going to be crap but GGG ends up deleting these threads, moves them, or just moves them to bury them. And guess what. The leagues end up being eh like beast league, incursion, and most likely this newest one. They put in trash new uniques that no one uses except for maybe 1 item out of how many do they put in? Heck I havent seen a build for this league that uses any of the new items besides for the upgraded flask.
"
MBata wrote:
P.S. for what it's worth, i personally believe that GGG will think a league is successful if they meet certain specific financial goals. It could be net margin, or gross revenue, or IRR or something else.

Well yeah, that's kind of obvious. They're a business afterall.

But keep running with that thought. GGG made enough money on Incursion to declare it a success. If we were to draw a graph of player spending, how do you think it would compare to the graph of active players? Would it be a steeper decline, or a flatter one? When it comes to generating the revenue that GGG uses to measure the success of a league, when do you reckon most of that revenue is generated?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info