"Incursion was a successful league."

"
Isindel wrote:
"
suszterpatt wrote:
Right, so we're all in agreement that GGG live on the peri-league-launch hype and purchases, and as long as they get that, they don't particularly care about the lack of stable income between leagues.

So here's a question then. Think of all the reasons you heard from various people why they quit playing mid-league. To the extent that those reasons point to some problem with PoE, do you think GGG have any reason or motivation to attempt to fix said problems?

No, because a small percentage of players actually post on the forums. An even smaller percentage of players post constructive criticism that GGG can use to improve on. Proof? This thread.

While I agree that a lamentably high percentage of people in this thread chose to rage against the phantasms of their imagination instead of partaking in the actual discussion, I'm pretty sure there are people at GGG who get paid to wade through the garbage in search for useful feedback.
Last edited by suszterpatt on Aug 21, 2018, 12:36:09 PM
"
Isindel wrote:
Now link the graph for those that don't use steam to play PoE.

Oh wait you can't.

Show me that it doesn't trend similarly for non steam players.

Oh wait you can't.

That is the nature of seasonal play, that's a normal and expected curve
New player perspective here...

I agree with what Myth posted on page 4 and Phaeded's post on page 5.

As a business owner for the past 11 years I can tell you without a doubt that one does not look at one metric as a determinant of success. I would bet a lot of money that GGG has numerous metrics they track to determine "success"....some very likely have more weight than others. The single chart the OP posted is kind of like showing somebody one star and then asking them what constellation it's in.

I have enjoyed my first foray into this game....I am definitely a casual. I do not have previous leagues to compare to but got maybe a taste of them through the flashback event this month and that was interesting.

I found the temple incursions to be interesting if not frustrating at times but I liked the general feel. I am not a loot chaser; never have been in any of the games I have played since I started at the release of EQ in the late 90's.

I really do not care who is playing the game; not sure why that is even important unless you have a financial stake in the company.

It seems to me that just based on how this game is set up with leagues every three months that player participation in a league would always drop pretty quickly for a variety of reasons.

Hope you enjoy the game however you play it!

Ressin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info