"Incursion was a successful league."

Looks great to me ...

New AAA games that cost 60 euro last a week, a 5 year old free to play game that releases a PATCH brings tens of thousands of people back for at least some weeks. That right there, is success.
"
suszterpatt wrote:

Well yeah, that's kind of obvious. They're a business afterall.

But keep running with that thought. GGG made enough money on Incursion to declare it a success. If we were to draw a graph of player spending, how do you think it would compare to the graph of active players? Would it be a steeper decline, or a flatter one? When it comes to generating the revenue that GGG uses to measure the success of a league, when do you reckon most of that revenue is generated?

Chris has said before that they actually make a lot more from supporter pack/regular sales than from whales.

Since most people buy their supporter packs before league begins, doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that the graph would be a massive spike before league begins and would drop almost completely soon after. The real question you should be asking is what the hell does the graph actually tell you?

You seem to not quite grasp the business model they are in. They are not in a month-by-month revenue model. Their entire revenue premise hinges on these leagues. So as long as the league hits their target (and who the hell cares if it hits the target in 1 day or 3 months.) the league is a success from a purely financial view.

Problem with this entire thread is you're trying to find a single thing that defines success for GGG. My guess is that you have never, ever worked for a corporation in your life and have no clue how KPIs and targets work. You don't get told 'Go hit this target. I don't care about any others.' Literally no one works like this.

~Myth
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"

since steam users are specific community (casual players), their online status don't really affect average online of core PoE players.

Just because you make something sound factual doesn't mean it actually is.

As well, just because you make something sound doubtfully doesn't mean it actually is.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Using Steam to try and trash a league you didn't personally like is kind of silly, OP.

Link 1 of Mr. Wilson saying almost half his users don't use Steam.

Link 2 of some launch day numbers of Steam vs other.
"
jack_aubrey wrote:
Using Steam to try and trash a league you didn't personally like is kind of silly, OP.

Link 1 of Mr. Wilson saying almost half his users don't use Steam.

Link 2 of some launch day numbers of Steam vs other.

So if the total peak on launch day was 140,870 and 95,800 were from steam, thats alot less then half.
"
blazer572 wrote:
I dont know why they say it was a success. I have seen more threads saying it sucks on these forums and on reddit and only a few saying its good with the comments saying it sucks. Only thing I liked from the league were a few of the new vaal skills. And all of the new items suck besides the the upgraded flask for vaal skills.

in the first 4 pages of the manifesto thread where they say they are keeping it:

28 positive responses that are happy they are keeping it.

1 negative response by a guy who thinks it sucked and doesnt want it in the game.
"
blazer572 wrote:
So if the total peak on launch day was 140,870 and 95,800 were from steam, thats alot less then half.

True. But we don't have a comparison to day 7 of Steam vs non-Steam. How about day 30?
"
jack_aubrey wrote:
"
blazer572 wrote:

True. But we don't have a comparison to day 7 of Steam vs non-Steam. How about day 30?

Yea, you can assume everyone who downloaded the standalone client is probably more likely to stick around than a random steam player who say the game featured as free to play and downloaded to try it out.

Steam gives so much exposure that tons of players probably download, try 5 mins and leave.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
blazer572 wrote:
I dont know why they say it was a success. I have seen more threads saying it sucks on these forums and on reddit and only a few saying its good with the comments saying it sucks. Only thing I liked from the league were a few of the new vaal skills. And all of the new items suck besides the the upgraded flask for vaal skills.

in the first 4 pages of the manifesto thread where they say they are keeping it:

28 positive responses that are happy they are keeping it.

1 negative response by a guy who thinks it sucked and doesnt want it in the game.

Now I just clicked on about 15 profiles from page 1 to the last page, and all the ones I clicked besides 2 were standard only players with no char in incursion or flashback. Now there could be more people that are incursion players but seems that majority of the people happy are the standard players since it will be basically new content for them to play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info