The future of POE's speed farm Meta

BR games = Boring Royale.
"
torturo wrote:
"
One of the improvements which can be made in this game is speed (movement, fight etc).

There's no better progression scaling than MS scaling.
All this numbers are just a numbers. This is now balance was configured, nothing more. For example, if all monsters would have 100 times more life all players would stack DPS and no one would care about any movement speed at all.

With any configuration of balance in any game there would be players who have more numbers than others and others would call this gamebreaking or whatever.

"
torturo wrote:
Turning an aRPG into a clicker isn't anything I'd like to be proud of as a developer.
Genre of PoE is not ARPG and never was it. Genre of PoE is hack & slash. You should check out games like Neverwinter Nights to see what ARPG is and what is the difference between ARPG and hack & slash.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
And like all great debates of the past, it turns into arguing semantics. Good job.
I'd like them to add complex AI to enemies in PoE so that players can theoretically just go as fast as they want, but it will just not work.

Think of "Phylacteral Link" but in a fun way. ;)

Every time I take a break from PoE for some other *RPG stuff I notice how incredibly basic and stupid AI is here.
Perception is reality.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
widardd wrote:

Think of "Phylacteral Link" but in a fun way. ;)

To a lot of PoE players, that's like saying, 'think of root canal work without anesthetics but in a fun way.'

My lord that sounds painful :O

I've had 4 root canals done so...
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 22, 2018, 10:12:02 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Oh fuck that. Either way, I enjoyed the game of 'tag' that was phylacteral link...the first few times. It got old quick.

For better or worse, PoE is what it is now. A speed-based shooting/arpg hybrid with significant focus on trading for itemisation. That's it really. I don't think there's too much room in there for games of 'tag'. Neither did GGG, since they removed it from memory due to negative feedback.

Yeah. Root canals are the worst. I don't even ask for the god damn topical stuff anymore because last time they did it, it ran down my throat and made it numb. Felt like I couldn't breathe and put me in a panic attack. So now, I just ask them to inject the local anesthetic without it. They always ask me "are you sure?", then I tell them what happened lol. Surprisingly, my current dentist does the injections really good. I barely even feel them now. Maybe I'm getting used to it? :P

In any event, don't really disagree there. Just thought I'd reply to the analogy part lmao

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 22, 2018, 10:29:00 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
GGG can't keep the speed meta going forward for much longer. It's pretty much maxed out right now with temple incursions. Somehow, someway, GGG will need to find a way to slow down zone/map racing. Please, stop the insanity already!

Speed is always going to play a part in the meta - but for the sake of the playerbase it'll naturally slow down a bit. Incursion level waveclear speed is too restrictive on builds, especially undergeared.

Most of us aren't swimming in exalts, for currency to have some meaning some of us still have to slow down and Id yellows.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

For better or worse, PoE is what it is now. A speed-based shooting/arpg hybrid with significant focus on trading for itemisation. That's it really. I don't think there's too much room in there for games of 'tag'. Neither did GGG, since they removed it from memory due to negative feedback.

Even if we take that as "intended design", PoE has so many flaws in it!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
And like all great debates of the past, it turns into arguing semantics. Good job.

This was never a great debate. Save the snark for someone who won't beat you over the head with it, old man.

It's sad that I'm entertained by this - I'm really reaching for excuses to sort through inventory and mindlessly map.

At least I'm staying out of off-topic.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Koksii wrote:

I agree its fun. For a couple hours or so. The current state of the game makese me feel like im done with the new league after week or so. Its fine to have this clear speed but not after a couple of hours into a new league...this game really has become d3, lol.

hehe yea sometimes PoE really reminded me of d3, well with little more lag and auto logout bots for HC.

and worse combat / animations.

thing is if i wanted to play d3 i play the original d3 and not a PoE version of it :(
Last edited by Koksii on Jul 23, 2018, 5:54:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info