The future of POE's speed farm Meta

delete walking from the game. insert dragons and teleporting for faster farming
Cripple the speed farm meta by putting flame dash type of cool downs on the movement skills. Some bosses would need to be reworked because they need almost constant use of movement skills to not die, but it could be done.

You guys haven't played with QotF back when it had no movement speed cap. THAT was CLEARSPEED.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
No idea what they are going to do about this one, I think they should do something but i'm not entirely sure what that is.

CD on movement skills would be a start, either that or remove the CD off flamedash/blink arrow and sort out fort so it isn't cheesed.

After that it becomes a pretty major investment to get movespeed short of queen of the forest so your gonna find most builds running between 40 and 100% movespeed which is reasonable enough.

They could always make the mobs tougher too but the bad skills feel bad already.... not sure they should make them even worse.

Its a tough one but I'm increasingly feeling like GGG are designing themselves into a hole and thats fine for the people that love digging but not so much for the ones that enjoyed different playstyles. Incursion really wasn't a good league for defensive builds lol
The only way to rein in clear speed (and I agree with that guy who says calling it a meta is silly) is to lower movement speeds and slap cool downs on movement skills. People will still try to go as fast as they can regardless of the state of the game.. If there is a problem right now, it’s how fast you can go rather than how important it is to go fast.

Personally I’d rather see them take an axe to IIQ first. I fucking hate MF.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Jul 19, 2018, 7:57:11 PM
I agree, I think it's actually quite retarded that at this point, to play poe "well" you ignore almost all of the drops (to a point you literally don't want to even see 99% of them on your screen), in an ARPG game...

And go farm low level maps 5289 times a week for the Doctor div cards, because nothing else are as fast to the wealth which feeds into even faster garbage.

But if this is what GGG and their boss Tencent wanted, I guess all we can do is either drop the game or go fast and only copy and play those ultra clear "meta builds" like all the Joes in this game that's playing this fucking game "correctly".
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jul 20, 2018, 2:12:20 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

By the time you've done all that, I expect you'd absolutely WANT the damn thing to go very fast, but in a way you can call your own. Whether it's a volcano on legs, a tower defence simulator, Traps Everywhere, lightning from your fingertips...whatever it is, its measure of success right now absolutely is in its clearspeed -- all else comes secondary.

I could accept the fact, that GGG wanted to make "ultra-fast" game out of PoE. But then, why:
- PoE is so "laggy" still? For fast game, performance must be TOP PRIOTITY!
- We dont still have MTX for autoloot, bigger inventory & autosort it, and identify all items with 1 click? Why player must waste time on such trivialities?
- Enemies are slow and clunky, and dont match "fast playstyle" in the game?
and so on.

If GGG wanted a great fast game, they failed a LOT with PoE....
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jul 20, 2018, 6:43:36 AM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
If I could buy a stand alone client I'd buy prenerf invasion. Game was way more fun then IMO. Every map was like a end game boss fight and game was much slower. The way game plays today is just not fun being in god mode hack most of the time. I play games for adversity not gpd mode hack.

I think that is totally fine for you to desire that, but in reality most people like speed and the feeling of being overpowered.

I agree its fun. For a couple hours or so. The current state of the game makese me feel like im done with the new league after week or so. Its fine to have this clear speed but not after a couple of hours into a new league...this game really has become d3, lol.
Last edited by Koksii on Jul 20, 2018, 12:00:29 PM
"
Koksii wrote:

I agree its fun. For a couple hours or so. The current state of the game makese me feel like im done with the new league after week or so. Its fine to have this clear speed but not after a couple of hours into a new league...this game really has become d3, lol.

hehe yea sometimes PoE really reminded me of d3, well with little more lag and auto logout bots for HC.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Plenty of BR games coming out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info