The future of POE's speed farm Meta

"
monkuar wrote:
I don't even ask for the god damn topical stuff anymore because last time they did it, it ran down my throat and made it numb.

Pro-tip: "The god damn topical stuff" can also be sprayed onto cotton and applied that way. But don't take my word for it, ask your dentist.

Source: My dentist.

Also, off-topic is best topic.

/off-topical
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
The problem I see is that you can stack movement speed, attack speed and cast speed without any disadvantages. The speed meta can be regulated if a soft cap for the speeds was implemented and have diminishing returns for each point above the soft cap until it becomes unrealistic to even continue stacking speeds for movement, attacking and casting. This would take care of soooo many skill imbalances and give the crap skills a chance to catch up because it's easier to reach a soft cap of say 3 APS as compared to 10+ APS in current meta ... or 50% movement speed compared to 200+% in current meta ... or 3 casts per second compared to 8+ cast per second in current meta. I truly believe it would be alot easier to balance the game if soft caps with diminishing returns were implemented.
Which would reduce the game to a static "everyone is the same" feeling. No one wants that either.

No way to make everyone happy on this issue. Best advice is: Play the way you enjoy and quit worrying about "meta"... what ever that is.
"
There is no 'speed farm meta' or 'clear speed meta' in PoE or in any other game. Saying such things is the same as saying 'job with high salary meta' or 'eat quality food meta'. Poor excuse for shitty unplayable builds.

This made me laugh.

On topic: The clear speed meta is one of the reasons that i tend to take a break from poe after not long time in a league.

"
NemoJr wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
I don't even ask for the god damn topical stuff anymore because last time they did it, it ran down my throat and made it numb.

Pro-tip: "The god damn topical stuff" can also be sprayed onto cotton and applied that way. But don't take my word for it, ask your dentist.

Source: My dentist.

Also, off-topic is best topic.

/off-topical

That's how it was applied. But it was on my bottom right molar, and the stuff slowly dripped down my throat.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 23, 2018, 6:55:06 PM
"
monkuar wrote:
That's how it was applied. But it was on my bottom right molar, and the stuff slowly dripped down my throat.

Oh. Sorry, my derp.

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
"
NemoJr wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:

Oh. Sorry, my derp.

My bad too. I should have specified how :O
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 23, 2018, 7:08:16 PM
You're beginning to bore me.
I have to agree, flask management tends to be the majority of combat, at least "advanced" combat.

Granted I'm still at the running dream fragments stage because I really hate the idea of flasking to unfreeze. Despite the fact that I've played enough to know I don't face ice damage enough that I really don't need it, I gear around it just to simplify flasking.

Even then, I tend to utilize the easiest functional flask setup providing key status immunities and damage buffs.

But as far as automation - I mean most of the character is dictated by "stat distribution" and gearing to add complexity to what would otherwise really just be a button masher.
Yep, totally over league play.
cant do anything about it can we?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info