[3.5] Leidenfrost Lead Lady. CI Brutus Lead Sprinkler. 10k ES, 4.7Mil Shaper DPS. 2.1k Strength

first time my shit didnt go poof, too bad its lightning damage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Would you say killing all bandits is necessary enough to not reroll a scion that has helped alira?
"
Karriane wrote:
Would you say killing all bandits is necessary enough to not reroll a scion that has helped alira?

I prefer leveling a new character to respeccing. The leveling process helps you get a feel of how to play the character and makes your gems the correct level and not behind and trying to catch up.

If you already have those solved and your scions tree isn't that different then respeccing is an option. Changing the bandits quest reward costs 20 regrets so you can use the Alira resists to make gearing a bit easier and then once you have the character going and good gear bought you can get the 20 regrets together and change the quest into kill all
I am definitely going to give this build a try. I gave both of your HOWA builds last league a try, and they did not disappoint. The only content I had any difficulty with was Uber Elder, so I made a diff build for that.

This build looks very promising, but I do have a few questions.

First, why no Concentrated Effect? This is the single strongest support gem for molten strike, due to how the spread is calculated. Increased area is inherently bad, even for clearing! IMO, it's definitely worth dropping the Elemental Focus support for this (bonus, you can benefit from ignites and get the cool visuals, and don't get point blank devalued by projectiles traveling too far). See the "Area of Effect" section here:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Molten_Strike

Second, you REALLY want iron grip. It's only 2 points out of the way of your current tree, and will give an insane boost to the molten strike projectiles. Are you getting it from some other source? I'm not seeing it.

Third, I'm at work currently, but one concern I have is accuracy. I know shaper's touch gives you accuracy from int, but since this build is "low" on int (still higher than most), I'm curious what your % chance to hit is like at 92? Is the Acuity wheel near ranger that you get sufficient? Is there any value in hunting for accuracy on rings in addition to the other stats?

Finally, given the ascendancy choices, and where the tree is built out, do you see any merit in picking up 1-2 of the +1 frenzy charge nodes (even if it's something to do after 92)? You pass RIGHT by two of them near the ranger and assassin starts, and that's more attack speed, movement speed, and damage.
Last edited by Xyrm on Jun 28, 2018, 12:59:30 PM
"
Xyrm wrote:
First, why no Concentrated Effect?

This is complicated and something I have discussed in length with other build creators using molten strike. The source of the chance to hit/point blank calculation was done by Moldydwarf and according to his graphs the point blank fall off point without concentrated effect was after getting 90-100% increased aoe. This build get 50% from the jewels and 20% from the flask so doesn't quite hit the danger range. His data on chance to hit indicated that a little bit of AOE was actually better but this is questionable as it seemed that even extreme cases only changed chance to hit by fractions of a percent

Focus increases the damage of the melee hit as well as the projectiles which concentrated effect does not. Using the formula and without the helm enchant (which is most people) focus gives 3% more damage then concentrated effect. So in order for concentrated effect to be better the point blank/chance to hit would need to decreasing by more then 3%

In my last builds I chose concentrated effect mostly because it was easier to get the colours. With the sanctuary either colouring is easy which also meant that testing out either set was easy. I found no noticeable damage difference between the two but running without concentrated effect gave the balls a slightly bigger AOE that I think smoothed out the RNG a bit especially on packs and moving targets who don't just stand in your hitting zone but move around. This is easy to test yourself and see which you prefer

"
Xyrm wrote:
Second, you REALLY want iron grip.

Strength only gives melee physical damage so changing that into projectile physical damage will only impact the very small portion of our damage that comes from physical. Path of building has it calculated as 1.9% more damage per point. This is a worse damage per point then other nodes in the tree. This keystone is better on lead sprinkler builds that get less strength then this one so have a larger portion of their damage coming from physical

"
Xyrm wrote:
one concern I have is accuracy

Yeah on endgame monsters my chance to hit is 92%. getting an accuracy rating on a ring would give +1% chance to hit or 1.1% more damage. This is much less damage then a weapon elemental damage roll would give and the more good stats on the ring the more expensive it will be

Half my accuracy comes from Int through the gloves and the other half comes from dex naturally. Then the build incidentally gets many sources of %increased accuracy from the tree

"
Xyrm wrote:
any merit in picking up 1-2 of the +1 frenzy charge nodes

Pob calculates the frenzy charges as 2.5% damage per node. The force of nature cluster has 3.9% damage per node. The single point "attack speed and projectile damage" node at the ranger start has 3.2% damage for 1 node.

Of these the ranger node is most appealing to me but even that one I'm deciding to let go in favor of getting more ES. I really don't feel like I need more damage but I want to make sure I don't get killed in dangerously rolled maps

You mention movement speed but frenzy charges don't naturally give movement speed
Last edited by WaffleT on Jun 28, 2018, 3:13:07 PM
Thanks for the quick and detailed response!

"
WaffleT wrote:
Strength only gives melee physical damage so changing that into projectile physical damage will only impact the very small portion of our damage that comes from physical. Path of building has it calculated as 1.9% more damage per point. This is a worse damage per point then other nodes in the tree. This keystone is better on lead sprinkler builds that get less strength then this one so have a larger portion of their damage coming from physical

I understand now. The damage we get is + flat fire, not phys converted to fire. Thanks for the clarification! I was assuming it's like a typical (non-BLS) build that does high phys dmg with some conversion.
Hello, me again; is it worth getting a watcher's eye just for the 6% increased energy shield?

Also, when i try to use empower support along with enlighten, discipline + anger reserves a total of 104% mana; am i missing something?
"
Karriane wrote:

Also, when i try to use empower support along with enlighten, discipline + anger reserves a total of 104% mana; am i missing something?

your enlighten needs a higher gem level
put your enlighten in the helmet to benefit from the +1 socketed gems
Thanks for putting together this beautiful build waffle, having a great time and hope i can further improve on items (getting rather difficult, maybe im just too dumb for it)

Tried some content yesterday (still no helm enchant - doubt i will ever be able to get it since no ones gonna sell one, no pen enchant on boots)
uber elder and uber atziri was a first for me so naturally I died once on uber elder since i didnt know whats goin on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

Are there any worthwhile temple corruptions for the helmet?
The only thing that really annoys me so far is getting chilled
"
Karriane wrote:
Hello, me again; is it worth getting a watcher's eye just for the 6% increased energy shield?

No. If you can't afford a good watchers eye and then look for a rare with attack speed and strength. Strength will give more ES then 6% would.

"
Aduan wrote:
Thanks for putting together this beautiful build waffle, having a great time and hope i can further improve on items (getting rather difficult, maybe im just too dumb for it)

Tried some content yesterday (still no helm enchant - doubt i will ever be able to get it since no ones gonna sell one, no pen enchant on boots)
uber elder and uber atziri was a first for me so naturally I died once on uber elder since i didnt know whats goin on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are there any worthwhile temple corruptions for the helmet?
The only thing that really annoys me so far is getting chilled

Cheers I'm glad you are having fun with it :)

You seem to have really covered the content with it. Yeah uber elder is more about knowing the mechanics of the fight. I always totally forget what they are since there is so long RNG gaps between getting him to spawn.

Nobody is enchanting black sun crests because I don't think any other builds are using it. I was planning on getting a random ES rare with the enchant and then crafting it with Essence of Rage to get strength and some ES rolls but my damage felt good enough that It didn't seem that necessary

I actually added a section below the gear tab on the main page giving my opinion on corruptions since I was mathing which gear slots were worth throwing into the double corruption fire. My corruptions have consistently failed but this is why I don't gamble

Yeah chill is super annoying. I don't really understand why the belt doesn't give chill immunity with the freeze immunity like everything else does. I don't want to lose my curse immune flask so I might end up dropping the atziri one for chill removal. We don't have any chaos penetration so it only gives about 7% more damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info